Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can any of the Android mini-PC's be controlled by a phone?

Options
  • 14-11-2012 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭

Was wondering if any of the Android mini-PC's be controlled by an iPhone/android phone via a wireless LAN that both would be connected to?

I ask to cut down on the overall cost of the purchase, and all users will have either am iPhone or an android phone. Would plan to connect to the device using the existing wireless.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

I saw an app in my one called "Google TV Remote" earlier which looked like what you were asking for. I did a quick search and found these:
    iOS App
    Android app

BUT the Android app says "Not available in your country", I'm sure there's a way to bypass this but I'm not an expert on how. Also, I'm pretty sure you'd need some kind of a pointer device to set it up in the first place cos you have to reach the Google TV App in the Mini PC to control it

I'll have a look with the iOS app and let you know
    But it also could be not available in Ireland, reason being that the app is orginally meant for Google TV which afaik isn't sold in Ireland.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Unfortunately, the iOS app is also not available on my App Store :(

I'm pretty sure you can find the apk file for Android online and install it, ipa file for iPhone, not so sure but I have done it with other apps
    DroidMote looks like an Android app made especially for this job but it requires root access of the Mini PC, it's €2.50 too

Basically, it's all very messed up but if the Google TV app was avalable in Ireland, I reckon it should almost do what you asked for

Advertisement