Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Knocknacarra Business Centre / Galway West Business Park Owner ?

Options
  • 14-11-2012 9:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭

Hi all,
    I'm looking into running a charity motorcycle event in a carpark / big concrete or tarmacced area protected from the elements, the underground carpark in rahoon came to mind.

I know they've closed that carpark off before at night, does anyone know who best to get in contact with about this ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭emptybladder

It's gone to NAMA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

NAMA own an AWFUL lot of car parks and perhaps even Mondello itself. Write and ask for a list of potential venues. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Very cute n'all, but not helping the OP.

There will be a local management company or somesuch doing the day-to-day work.

Go into the centre and look around for a "management office" in a corner somewhere. If you cannot spot it, ask some of the shops for the contact details - don't take "no" from a shop-assistant, ask for their manager ... if the manager can't work it out either, ask who they call if there's a problem with the building.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Have a look around the garage too, there may be signs "Managed by XYZ" or similar.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

ask for their manager ... if the manager can't work it out either, ask who they call if there's a problem with the building.

This is probably no help/encouragement to the OP either, but I'm afraid I wouldn't be optimistic on that score.

For example, Dunnes Stores management are not even able to have the disabled spaces (and associated obnoxious parking) sorted out right in front of their own doors.

A thought occurs re a different venue. Depending on the details of what you're planning, would the upper reaches of a multi-storey suit your needs, OP?

The top few levels of Jury's car park are empty for most of the year. I'll bet you could have the open top deck and the covered level beneath all to yourself...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,225 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Momentum support are the facilities management company in contract there. Can be looked up and contacted online..

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭KealanOCarroll

Iwannahurl wrote: »
    This is probably no help/encouragement to the OP either, but I'm afraid I wouldn't be optimistic on that score.

For example, Dunnes Stores management are not even able to have the disabled spaces (and associated obnoxious parking) sorted out right in front of their own doors.

A thought occurs re a different venue. Depending on the details of what you're planning, would the upper reaches of a multi-storey suit your needs, OP?

The top few levels of Jury's car park are empty for most of the year. I'll bet you could have the open top deck and the covered level beneath all to yourself...

Multi-Storey would be class:eek: Ill get onto them tomorrow sure :D

Was thinking about the carpark opposite motorpark there in lisoban...drove past it today and it was empty :cool:

Here's a vid of the kind of even't i have in mind

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVDNlo507QA

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭westgolf

Correct me if I'm wrong but didnt the route 66 charity do something in the clybaun hotel underground car park ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭SeanPuddin

Try Tesco Oranmore...

• Advertisement
Advertisement