Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tablets

Options
  • 14-11-2012 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭

looking to get a tablet for my mother for christmas, i was looking at the versus 7 in pc world, anyone have one, she will mostly use it for browsing web and a fee apps,

do ye think its a good choice

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭leonk2005

I have a prestigio 7 inch tablet brand new still sealed in the box its €149 in the shops and i am selling for €125 as it is an unwanted gift basically i have a samsung galaxy note 2 phone so no need for this tablet. Its android 4.0 512MB RAM 4GB HDD expandible with micro sd card il throw in an 8GB Micro SD for an extra €5 if you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭curehead

I bought one one them versus 7s it's grand and does the job but it took me so long to work out the design and , what buttons did what ,and downloading apps and stuff
    They're nothing like pc something close to mobiles they're more stuck somewhere in between too me ages to figure out what "mode" was the best you can put in on like iPad mode android mode pc mode and all pages behave differently also I had to use mobile version of some pages for eg I wanted paddy power site but it opened up the desktop version and the writing was too small so I had to type in paddypower mobile to get the best view.
    For me they're kind of stuck between the pc and mobile and nothing suitable in between
    And most sites I want either have pc version or mobile versions of their site with a lot saying android version coming soon ...
    So unless your mom is computer savvy you'd be better of with laptop I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,333 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

jap gt wrote: »
    do ye think its a good choice
    A good choice for what? Your mother? What does your mother want to do with it? What is her experience level with computers or tablets? Smartphones? We don't know your mother.

Advertisement