Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Firewood Business

• 14-11-2012 10:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭

I have 12 acres of mainly sitka spruce and some larch, around 28 years old, beyond thinning. I have a felling licence for it due to some wind damage.

Does anyone have any thoughts on the option of getting a firewood processor and tipping trailer for jeep and selling it after 12 months seasoning over the next couple of years.

Is there any money to be made from selling firewood from your own timber?

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Depends on the processor.
    They can be very expensive depending on the type you get, self powered or run off a P.T.O.
    I woud think its probably better off hiring someone with a processor to split it at whatever location that you intend to season it at.
    Invest in a tipper trailer to deliver but I can't see 12 acres of softwood paying that much if you have to buy a processor.

Advertisement