Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC alarm nightmare

Options
  • 14-11-2012 10:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hey guys,

I was hoping someone could help me out. A couple of nights ago in the dead of night my alarm went off. When I went to the keypad it read "no rkp comms" and it wouldn't take any of the codes, in fact it wasnt responding at all. After 15-20 panicky minutes of the outside alarm blaring (not the inside one mind you) the alarm outside shut off itself. Since then the keypad will not take any commands and "no rkp comms" is constantly flashing on the screen. A couple of months ago another fault set it off and it read "panel batt low" could this have anything to do with it as i never replaced any battery because it still worked fine up until this mishap. Also, the power light on the keypad is not illuminated (but the keypad is on)and the fault light is illuminated constantly. The keypad stays on even after Removing the battery from the control box so i'm terrified it will go off again at some ungodly hour and wont shut off at all. please, SOMEONE HELP!!!!!! Thanks a million.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭lgk

"no rkp comms" is no remote keypad communications.

You'll get the experts over on the Alarms forum, but check the cable running from the main unit to the keypad. Also, how old is the battery? Might be an idea replace that anyway.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement