Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Make up brushes.

• 14-11-2012 11:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭

If you had maybe up to €200 to spend, what make up brush sets would be best or even would it be better to buy individual brushes from different brands?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

I have a mix of loads of different ones I've picked up over the years. I have MAC, benefit, gosh and urban decay. My mam bought me a Dior brush set for Xmas last year, it was about €120 and I love them !

Got Mac 187 last year and its amazing, much better than my 190!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

Sigma do sets, one travel size and one full size, in loads of different colours. They seem to cover all the basics and their brushes are meant to be made in a very similar way to the mac ones. Have a look on cloud 10 beauty, you'd nearly know yourself if you'd find a use for every brush based on your current makeup routine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭another question

The best brushes I ever used were from a company called Sephora. They are a hugh beauty/drugstore brand in the states, they have stands for MAC, Armani, NARS, CHANEL etc all the high end stuff but do their own brand too. In the store in Times Square in New York they have a hugh stand full of brushes for everything you can think off, they have a great website too. I have brushes that I bought there from 2007 and they are still in 100% condition, no loose hairs, easy clean and easy to handle. I'd say if you amazon'd or ebay'd them you would probably find some.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

I have the Sigma Mrs. Bunny set from Cloud 10 and it's amazing! Also have some great MAC brushes and some lovely eye ones from Dior!

blogger-image-409784075.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭stargirl.gra

I'm going to get the sigma essential kit make me crazy It's 120$ on their site (€120 on cloud 10) and from 12am thursday morning in america until friday they have free worldwide shipping with promotional code for black friday. So yipee total cost of €94!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

I have the Sigma travel kit.. I like it alright, but I'm not terribly impressed with the quality as I am with MAC or even my EcoTools brushes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭gingernut125

http://www.sedonalace.com/

Sedona Lace have 50% today, black Friday sale, I think their as good as Sigma, so thought I'd share

Got myself a few back up brushes; Kabuki, Duo Fibre and an eyeshadow shader!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

http://www.sedonalace.com/

Sedona Lace have 50% today, black Friday sale, I think their as good as Sigma, so thought I'd share

Got myself a few back up brushes; Kabuki, Duo Fibre and an eyeshadow shader!!

They're one of few companies to offer a decent range of synthetic brushes individually. Great prices too. Thanks for sharing :-)

Advertisement