Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Air Gun Licence need help

Options
  • 14-11-2012 11:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

hey lads was wondering how i could do this.....my mate bought an air gun in the uk without a licence and doesnt want it anymore..so i was willing to take it if i could get a licence for it but the problem is when going for the licence and the gaurds ask me who or where im buying it from i cant not tell them as it would get my mate in trouble so is there anyway around it

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭rowa

Thats a can of worms that could land someone in trouble, illegal importation of firearm charges, possession of firearm without a licence etc. I'd avoid that situation if i were you.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,552 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

As said above you are into a world of trouble.

AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE.

Any association with your mate will land you in some or as much trouble. There is no way to license a firearm without giving the source of it. Putting down "My mate's gun that he sneaked back in his suitcase" will not fly.

He will get in trouble for having an unlicensed firearm, illegal importation of a firearm (offence against the state not just a firearm issue).

As this is a seriously awkward position, and any advice need legal thought i'm temporarily closing the thread upon discussion by the mods. OP will be PM'ed directly.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Short answer: No.
    Longer answer: Feck, no.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement