Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scumbags

Options
  • 14-11-2012 11:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭

A lads car was broken into today while he was out surfing. They smashed the window and took some stuff from the car.

Leaving any valuables in the boot or out of sight would probably be a good idea.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭dfader

A lads car was broken into today while he was out surfing. They smashed the window and took some stuff from the car.

Leaving any valuables in the boot or out of sight would probably be a good idea.
    Bundoran??

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭lizgal

where?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

It would also be just common sense.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,239 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

This is the second time I've heard this happening in the last few weeks. Seems to be on the rise. If its a spot I live near I don't bring my wallet anymore and hide the phone out of sight. It's common sense sure but it doesn't always mean you won't get broken into. The one time my van got broken into there was nothing in it to take, but they destroyed my central locking. Would have been better off not locking it at all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Ronnie Beck

It was in Lahinch. In a small secluded car park.

It's common sense alright but your often so distracted by getting in the water you can accidentally leave your phone and wallet on the seat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

Happened to me in Achill at Keel beach a few years back. They did a load of cars on the same day.

Happened to a friend at the car park at The Peak. We now park up on the road in view of passing traffic.

If I'm surfing close to home I leave phone and money at the house.

I've also had to break into my own car after locking myself out - people looked at me funny as I threw a rock through the window. I was in a wetsuit at the time. Thought I'd worry about getting into the car after a couple of hours in the water.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭rodento

Never can tell if these threads are to warn other surfers or to try and keep em away :D

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,239 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

rodento wrote: »
    Never can tell if these threads are to warn other surfers or to try and keep em away :D

Indeed, robberies like the one mention above happen in Achill roughly twice a week :P

Mickeroo wrote: »

Indeed, robberies like the one mention above happen in Achill roughly twice a week :P

I've heard localism is terrible down that way as well :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭promethius

that's nothing, my car was broken into last week in sligo, wallet, iphone nowhere to be seen, only things left was a big steaming shyt on the bonnet, half empty (or full) bottle of shower gel and the poor dog traumitised in the front seat. pregnant.

i don't know will i be able to surf again it's just not worth it in these crazy times.
    anyone interested in taking a few puppies off my hands?

• Advertisement

promethius wrote: »
    that's nothing, my car was broken into last week in sligo, wallet, iphone nowhere to be seen, only things left was a big steaming shyt on the bonnet, half empty (or full) bottle of shower gel and the poor dog traumitised in the front seat. pregnant.

i don't know will i be able to surf again it's just not worth it in these crazy times.
    anyone interested in taking a few puppies off my hands?

Are you a kayak surfer?

Are you a kayak surfer?

Worse a longboarder :D

Are you a kayak surfer?

yes i deserved it i reckon :D

rodento wrote: »
    Worse a longboarder :D

ouch! i'm a waterman i'd like to think anyways :D
    swimming, surfing (shortboards/longboards), intl surfski, paddleboard, i don't mind as long as i'm away from the missus in the water...

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭OldGuysRule

More break ins at Spanish Point yesterday too. Details of the car floating around, silver smallish saloon, reg beginning 02 D 45??, not sure of the rest.

I hope they catch them. Must be the same lads doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,987 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

More break ins at Spanish Point yesterday too. Details of the car floating around, silver smallish saloon, reg beginning 02 D 45??, not sure of the rest.

That's very close to my car reg, but it's an estate!

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭lizgal

is this happenin in the day time? or does anyone know?

Advertisement