Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

games for girls? Are there any

Options
  • 15-11-2012 1:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,408 ✭✭✭

My daughter is 10 and is getting her brothers old xbox 360 i cant seem to find any girly games for it tho apart from dance ones and her room is too small for them and too small to get kinect.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Oh I know a few girls that game and you would be surprised at what works for them, ok they are much older than your wee one but there are tonnes of free demos that can be down loaded to see what she fancies, the old reliable viva pinata immediately jumps to mind though, also there is Lips if she likes to sing no space/kinect needed for those games.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭ShaunC

My little one loves the arcade games such as plants v zombies, bejewelled and Minecraft.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

All the portal games seem to be a hit with the ladies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

Viva Pinata is awesome, play it myself :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

You can play as a girl in Fable II & III if that helps. They are both good games in particular II.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

GTR63 wrote: »
    You can play as a girl in Fable II & III if that helps. They are both good games in particular II.

Maybe not suitable for a 10 year old though in parts despite the cuteness of those games :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

My horse and me 2

My daughter gets hours out of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

calex71 wrote: »
    Maybe not suitable for a 10 year old though in parts despite the cuteness of those games :D

Yeah Forgot all about the Prostitutes >.<
    I would suggest Sonic Generations and Epic Mickey 2 is out soon. Sonic and the All Stars Racing Transformed is apparently great too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

dave1982 wrote: »
    My horse and me 2

My daughter gets hours out of it

Jesus fúcking Christ that looks grim.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,385 ✭✭✭pooch90

I'd think she would be better starting with Sonic the Hedgehog rather than the generations one. Lots of little bits that are great for learning locations of buttons etc. It was the first game I ever played on Xbox (I may have been a bit older than 10 though!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,012 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Most games designed for girls are awful. They're sold on licenses or the stereotypical girly interests, but have very little content and won't be played after a short while.

Get her Rayman:Origins for some classic 2D platforming fun which can be played with up to four players that can drop in and out of the game at any time.

Also try Banjo-Kazooie for some 3D platforming. For some reason amazon has it listed as 15+, but as you can see from the box it has a PEGI 7 rating.

Any of the Lego games is always a good bet too. Lego Batman II is the latest one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭Ridley

Jesus fúcking Christ that looks grim.

Well with that attitude I'm not telling you if Emma gets together with Brad or whether she and Starfire can save the stables from being shut down by the evil landlord.

And I second Viva Pinata suggestion. For both male and female girls. It's the Xbox Pokémon.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

There is The Sims 3, no where near as good as the PC version but still.

Also the Pets addon.

I know alot of girls that are into the Halo series and the Elder Scrolls games but older than the 10-12 age bracket.

Lego Lord of the Rings is the latest Lego game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 683 ✭✭✭General Relativity

Yes, all of them. Get her games for her age, not her gender.

Advertisement