Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking at Mayo Ham Rally next Sunday

Options
  • 15-11-2012 2:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 673 ✭✭✭

I think this is the right forum to ask this :)

I was thinking about going to the Castlebar radio rally, but I see on Google Maps that the Welcome Inn hotel has no parking space itself, and nearby in the town there's only a shopping center (which I expect will probably be full or restricted to shop visitors)

Where do people usually park for this rally? I don't really want to leave my car in a residential area and bother people with it. Don't mind walking a kilometer or so, after the drive it's nice to stretch the legs (weather permitting ;) )

I checked the Rally website but it doesn't mention anything for parking so I was hoping to get some hints here :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Mayo Miss

There should be plenty of space in the car park beside the Welcome Inn. It's a pay and display but I've never seen anyone clamped yet, there are no restrictions on leaving the car park. There is also a large car park 1 min walk away at the Sacred Heart Nursing Home. There are also spaces at the side of the hotel along a side street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 673 ✭✭✭GekkePrutser

Thanks Mayo Miss!

I'll just try those then! I have no problem paying for parking anyway. And I'll probably go fairly early.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 dabfan

Also, directly on the right of the Welcome Inn Hotel, there is a large Supervalue car park. It used to be pay and display, but they removed the barrier.
    Absolutely no issues with parking, loads of spaces!

DF

• Closed Accounts Posts: 673 ✭✭✭GekkePrutser

Thanks, I parked in the one next to it (it was indeed the supervalu one). I actually paid, the machine worked so I thought I'd better not risk it :)

It was nice anyway, although a bit quiet.. But I did come late. Still picked up some stuff I needed so it was worth my while.

Advertisement