Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Very Very Itchy dog - good ending

• 15-11-2012 8:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Having watched my gsd scratch herself and chew her paws earlier this year I took her to the vet and was given a variety of treatments from chemical baths to spot on treatments. They appeared to give her slight temporary relief but nothing was consistent and nothing worked permanently.

I researched on the internet and came up with my own conclusion that it was probably Harvest Mites - but by now four months later, they were seriously getting out of control.

Obviously I then looked up what treatments were available and found an old friend - THORNIT. I have used it for bad ear infestation in rescue dogs and have known about it for some 35 years, never twigged that it would work on skin. I rushed to my doggie stash and found a bottle of it, followed the instructions on the website and hey presto within an instant there was a massive improvement and now three days later - NOTHING, not a scratch.

All I can say is that this stuff is brilliant and if you or anyone you know has a similar problem with their dog - this is the real biz and its cheap:):):).

http://www.thornitearpowder.com/

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Inexile

my dog has problem with dust mites - she gets injections about twice a month. Would this work and where do I get it?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 20 shannon321

I would think so - if you click on the link it gives you all the info and there is also a button "click to buy", it costs about 10.00 euros, which is extremely cheap when considering vets bills etc.

I used it for ear mites and canker in rescue dogs - it worked brilliantly and now it has worked for harvest mites, so I can only assume that it will work with dust mites as well.

If you are not sure, you could try emailing them and asking, but for a tenner I would just go for it.

I really couldn't believe the results and now I have a very happy woof:)

Good luck

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

That's assuming the problem was harvest mites to start with. If your dog was scratching months ago, it's unlikely to have been harvest mites as they tend to only affect dogs from about August to the first frosts.
    As such self-diagnosis and consequent treatment is risky, I'm closing this thread now with the caveat to readers that a vet's opinion should be sought in unexplained cases of itching, before any treatment is used.
    Thanks,
    DBB

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement