Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Citing the Irish Constitution

• 15-11-2012 10:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

Hi all,

Can someone tell me how to cite and reference the Irish Constitution using Havard referencing. It's for a law assignment, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81 ✭✭patdshaker

First of all its Oxford referencing is used for the law in It Carlow, not Harvard.
    e.g. Human Rights Act 1998, s 15(1)(b) - laws
    R v Leeds County Court, ex p Morris [1990] QB 523 (QB) 530–31 - cases
    Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan (first published 1651, Penguin 1985) 268 - books
    and so on and so forth

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭ViP3r

I presume this is for a law module and not the actual law degree.

This resource will tell you how to reference irish legal material Harvard style

IF you are actually in the law degree programme...and please dont admit to it if you are :L... then use OSCOLA

• Registered Users Posts: 6 MRJUBS

can anybody help me here, i have to criically anaylse with reference to case law the concepts of the people the nation and the state under bunreacht na heireann..... i jus dont understand how to actually go about answering this.... can anybody help??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81 ✭✭patdshaker

MRJUBS wrote: »
    can anybody help me here, i have to criically anaylse with reference to case law the concepts of the people the nation and the state under bunreacht na heireann..... i jus dont understand how to actually go about answering this.... can anybody help??

Constitutional law? I presume...
    JT would have given you a handout that explains it during the first week or two of college, check it out.
    I also assume that the word count is 4/5,000 words so you will have to plan your headings carefully
    use headings such as "The history of the state" citing Magna Carta etc
    also touch on "unnumerated rights" when talking about the people and finally, find pout what the rest of the class is doing and share your ideas.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 MRJUBS

managed to get the assignment done in the end... my god 1st year doing LLB its somthing else i tell ya!

• Advertisement
Advertisement