Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home heating oil prices

Options
  • 15-11-2012 10:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,589 ✭✭✭

Anyone get Kerosene oil lately? € 455 for 500 litres seems to be the best out there.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Anyone get Kerosene oil lately? € 455 for 500 litres seems to be the best out there.

Where did you get that quote Jerry? looking for some oil too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,589 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Max Powers wrote: »

Where did you get that quote Jerry? looking for some oil too.
    Texoil, tramore, and unecol all that price, surely get 450 for cash up front. Price has more than doubled in recent years :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Jerry,
    There is some sort of promo with top oil where they doin €10 off 1000 L, €5 off 500, not much I know.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I think the price of oil (including petrol) has fallen in a lot of places bar the Waterford area. It might pay you to shop outside of Waterford if it comes to it.

Sully wrote: »
    I think the price of oil (including petrol) has fallen in a lot of places bar the Waterford area. It might pay you to shop outside of Waterford if it comes to it.[/QUOTE

Ironic i know but with the price of oil now and the cost of hauling it around the country the local distributors are exactly just that!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭O Riain

€455 euro is absolutely scandalous, at that price you seriously need to consider investing in some form of renewable technology. Possibly solar thermal?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

O Riain wrote: »
    €455 euro is absolutely scandalous, at that price you seriously need to consider investing in some form of renewable technology. Possibly solar thermal?

Jesus man. The sun does not shine when you need heat the most.
    Any 'investment' should be done on the low hanging fruit basis.
    Step 1, buy the cheapest fuel, step 2, increase insulation.

gman2k wrote: »
    Jesus man. The sun does not shine when you need heat the most.
    Any 'investment' should be done on the low hanging fruit basis.
    Step 1, buy the cheapest fuel, step 2, increase insulation.

The sun does not have to be shining for Solar Thermal to work, ideally of course it works better with direct sunlight but will work when cloudy and overcast. In the middle of winter it may not be able to provide 100% of your heating/hot water needs(unless you put enough collectors on your roof) but it at least will help you cut down on your bills before oil sky rockets in price. And it will.

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

oil hasent shy rocketed yet goverment tax has

oil hasent shy rocketed yet goverment tax has

It will sky rocket. If it was all taxation with no incentives on other technology then there would be reason to complain but as it stands there are good grants available. Starting to sound like I work for a solar thermal company but if people realised how much CO2 we are churning out they'd be shocked. Burning that 500litres of oil for instance will produce 1258kgs of CO2. Thats 1.26 tonnes of CO2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Ironbar

If possible get yourself a stove and use coal,anthracite,wood and bricetts for heating.

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭snuggles09

recently moved and have to get our first lot of oil

i know there are lots of variables ( size of house, how long you leave it on for etc) but roughly how long would 500 litres last? Are we talking 2 months, 4 months, 6months? I have no clue!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

snuggles09 wrote: »
    recently moved and have to get our first lot of oil

i know there are lots of variables ( size of house, how long you leave it on for etc) but roughly how long would 500 litres last? Are we talking 2 months, 4 months, 6months? I have no clue!

How long is a piece of rope? Seriously....

• Registered Users Posts: 46 tele2

Kerosene with Corrib Oil Gort € 885 for 1000 l and €900 with Corrib Ennis. Is this unusual. Thought it would have been the same price. Towns are 20 miles apart

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭wellboy76

Long way to go for a drop of oil

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭kuang1

Hey all.
    Anyone got recommendations on suppliers? Who's offering best prices at the moment?

kuang1 wrote: »
    Hey all.
    Anyone got recommendations on suppliers? Who's offering best prices at the moment?

Paul Foley oils is 410 for 500 litres according to his website, was comparing it to the prices on cheapoil.ie and it seemed competitive. Didnt get it myself yet though, Its like car insurance I ring around telling them best price I have.

Advertisement