Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arsenal Away

Options
  • 15-11-2012 11:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭

Well this is a game we usually lose except for that great day 2 years ago when we came back from 2-0 down to lose 3-2

Looks like we are missing dembele / parker / kaboul and could be missing lennon / defoe and walker

I have no confidence in this game at all and if we are missing all of the above then i think it could be a hiding

4-1 to arsenal

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Bodie Doyle

Dembele definitely out injured for this one.

I am convinced we still have enough to get a result on Saturday. This is not the same Arsenal team of years ago - All their top players have gone. Only Cazorla and Podolski are top class. We should not fear going to the Emirates.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Well Arsenal haven’t exactly been mesmerizing either? Both defences are springing leaks like a milky tít, dare say it could be a high scoring classic. It’s a derby ,injuries aside those selected know what’s expected.

I just hope AVB doesn’t screw around with our defence, i.e. Vertonghen at LB yada, yada. One thing that irks me is when our players talk up a game, shut the fock up. Every time they open up their pie holes we end up losing. Gloat after the final result, saves embarrassment.

If our tactical genius focks this game up by sitting back, then the pressure will intensify over the next two home games. I’d be wary of Giroud, he’s fairly handy in the air. I’m really looking forward to the game, bring it on!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Sugarlumps wrote: »

I just hope AVB doesn’t screw around with our defence, i.e. Vertonghen at LB yada, yada. One thing that irks me is when our players talk up a game, shut the fock up. Every time they open up their pie holes we end up losing. Gloat after the final result, saves embarrassment.

Yes agree with you there, Freund has been spouting crap about closing in on them and all that. I wish he would just shut up and play the bloody game, we have been made look idiots before by the likes of Bale and Defoe mouthing off. But anyway am really looking forward to it COYS :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

mickman wrote: »
    Well this is a game we usually lose except for that great day 2 years ago when we came back from 2-0 down to lose 3-2

Looks like we are missing dembele / parker / kaboul and could be missing lennon / defoe and walker

I have no confidence in this game at all and if we are missing all of the above then i think it could be a hiding

4-1 to arsenal

win ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

I put a fiver on us at 75/1 at half-time that day. All the sweeter because my brother's an Arsenal season ticket holder!! :D

I agree that it'll be high-scoring. I think we'll win 3-2 again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Wenger will be out to expose our weaknesses, Gallas and Huddlestone, thererin lies our achilles heel, or lactating bussom;)

I hope we don't setup conservative because against city we looked amateur. If we start with Huddlestone and Sandro in the middle Wenger will just double up on our wingers and nullify our attack. We need to vary the point of attack with quick precision, I'd risk Tom Carroll with Sandro adopting his protector of all things lilywhite role..

Prediction: 4-2 to Spurs (Lloris to start and Wilshere will be sent off) COYS!

I’d kinda agree regarding Carroll, he had a good game against Maribor but this is Arsenal. He’s not really seen much action in the 1st team, a game like this could kill his confidence.

It would be a bold gamble, in saying that the game will pass Huddlestone by. If Tom had of went to Stoke, then who would be playing in that position come Saturday? I’d risk starting him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

I would play carroll also, i dont like seeing huddlestone start at all these days

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Mullo76

I would play carroll also, i dont like seeing huddlestone start at all these days
    If it was the other way around Wegner would play him. I think its a tough call as you dont want to see him getting knocked back but without him we have no one to link the play. He could well thrive in a game like this as they will play ball.

It’s a big call, Ferguson has done the same in the past. Either sink or swim. I’d be flabbergasted if Huddlestone doesn’t start. Don’t think AVB has the cahonies.

• Advertisement

It's a big call, but realistically Huddlestone was called in to the England squad based on his perceived form.

Playing against your arch rivals, do you play an England international and a Brazilian international. Or do you play a kid?

I'd like to see Tommy Carroll playing, but a bad result/performance or a red cad etc. could crush his development.

- For the third Premier League game in a row, Clint Dempsey covered more ground than any of his teammates. The American international recorded 7.14 miles on the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index, the most ground any Spurs player has covered this season. Last season Dempsey covered more ground over the season than any other Premier League player covering 226.68 miles, so his work rate is a sign that he is now settling in at Spurs and returning to his best.

http://www.byfarthegreatestteam.com/posts/stats-girouds-defensive-work-for-arsenal-vs-hard-working-dempsey-for-tottenham-hotspur/?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭nbar12

Yeah, I have to agree. Does anyone know if we'll have Defoe, Lennon and Walker available for the game tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,734 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Going on current form we'll take an early lead, then sit back and concede a couple of 2nd half goals.

Even though Dempsey has been below par, actually he’s becoming poorer with each game, I still think he’ll come good?

He was dynamite for Fulham, and not just up until last season either. I’ll continue to bang my head against the wall until then. Maybe he’ll end up in the Jenas, Bentley, Pienaar pile.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,734 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Even though Dempsey has been below par, actually he’s becoming poorer with each game, I still think he’ll come good?

He was dynamite for Fulham, and not just up until last season either. I’ll continue to bang my head against the wall until then. Maybe he’ll end up in the Jenas, Bentley, Pienaar pile.

I'm hopeful that he'll be far more effective playing with Adebayor than playing with Defoe - Defoe as the lone striker will always struggle to hold the ball and bring those around him into the game.

KingdomYid wrote: »
    Meh, he is there to create chances and he is not.

I agree with you. I've been very disappointed with his performances. I was just amazed by his running stats - there has been a couple of games (City and Wigan) that I hardly even noticed he was on the pitch. He might be running a lot, but he's certainly not touching the ball.

Just spoke to Andre, team will be, Lloris,Walker,Willy,Caulker,Superman,Sandra,Doughnut,Lennon,Bale,Obama and Togo

COYS

I agree with you. I've been very disappointed with his performances. I was just amazed by his running stats - there has been a couple of games (City and Wigan) that I hardly even noticed he was on the pitch. He might be running a lot, but he's certainly not touching the ball.

If Harry was still there, he'd be delighted, he loves fellas just going out and running around :D

• Advertisement

Hatch99 wrote: »
    If Harry was still there, he'd be delighted, he loves fellas just going out and running around :D

Well at least they would be running around :-)

You cant say dempsey runs! More like plods along

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Half looking forward to it and Half dreading it :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭yiddo59

Finishing work early to go and watch in the pub.

1-1 I think!

COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Spurs team - Lloris; Walker, Gallas, Vertonghen, Naughton; Lennon, Sandro, Huddlestone, Bale; Adebayor, Defoe. COYS,

Spurs team - Lloris; Walker, Gallas, Vertonghen, Naughton; Lennon, Sandro, Huddlestone, Bale; Adebayor, Defoe. COYS,

4-4-2 woo hoo :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Emoran

Somehow someone will say he's picked the wrong team come final whistle... If they do please come knock on my door so I can hit you with a frying pan.

Cracking line up for a cracking game

COYS!

Emoran wrote: »
    Somehow someone will say he's picked the wrong team come final whistle... If they do please come knock on my door so I can hit you with a frying pan.

Cracking line up for a cracking game

COYS!

Spot on.

stuck at work , any streams lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

Stuck at home - first row sports for me.

Come on you Spurs!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

Delighted with Hugo,
    Defoe and Ade yes, but more so at home.. bit sceptical about doing this away from home tbh.
    Naughton to chase Walcott .. good call. Vert would get roasted..
    Harsh on Caulker, but Willy will talk to Vert all day!
    Fancy us to win this 3-2.
    Hugo to be the star of the show!!!!!

Advertisement