Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arsenal Away

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭pancho84

I dont think webb had any other option to be fair, hard to watch now, we started really well and could easily of went 2 up with Lennons effort

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

pancho84 wrote: »
    I dont think webb had any other option to be fair

Yes he did. It was a yellow card. The crowd got at him and he gave the yellow card. My Gooner brother is at the match and he even said "think us fans got him sent off".

I wish it was a yellow but its a clear red

No it wasn't.

LOL

• Advertisement

It's a stupid tackle. Not a red.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Graeme Le Saux saying he was surprised it was anything but a yellow that early in the game, that said, what the fcuk is Ade doing with both legs in the air!

Depressing stuff. We were all over them 11 v 11.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Emoran

Could have went either way... Stupid challenge but it being that early on and the day that's in it I think he should have left it a yellow

Ruined a stomper of a game to be honest.

What a different score line it could have been if only he was still on the pitch!

Come on spurs show a bit of fight ffs!!

COYS

Could we take Naughton off and go three at the back?

Fair play to AVB, bold move but I like it

• Advertisement

That tackle just shows why Dawson should be playing week in week out.

Rare player in our team that'll throw his body on the line

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Fair play to AVB, bold move but I like it

What move? I'm just in, I saw the first half but had a 20min drive home in between then and now

Emoran wrote: »
    That tackle just shows why Dawson should be playing week in week out.

Rare player in our team that'll throw his body on the line

Totally agree, I would of liked to see him start Dawson and Gallas in middle with Vert on the left

Sandro is a beast as well

What ever the score please do not let that little prick Wilshere score

I'd give Carroll or Livermore 20mins instead of Huddlestone but I guess we need to keep a sub in case someone pulls up.

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭oppiuy

Carroll better be coming on for Huddle20stone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭franktheplank

Nice one Gareth Bale. I can't see a comeback happening but it'll make them worry a bit.

Great goal!

Greedy from Bale there, should have squared it for JD. COYS!

Greed breeds greed. Not a chance Defoe would have squared it!

Not saying it was the right move. Far from it but we both know defoe wouldn't have passed it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭oppiuy

Carroll has to start ahead of huddlestone from now on.. Looks a great little player

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

dear god dempsey but you are useless

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭JohnDee

Dempsey is some pr1ck

oppiuy wrote: »
    Carroll has to start ahead of huddlestone from now on.. Looks a great little player

Yep, he's completed more passes and tackles in 20mins than Thud did the whole game. aka Little Luka!

Bound to happen.

I'd love for dempseys contract to be terminated in the morning... I'd take Bentley and Jenas ahead of him in the payroll in a heartbeat.

It can't be just me but honestly Dempsey does and will not do anything for us. EVER

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Today was not avb's fault - he actually did well

I am going to say it again and i am now becoming annoying - our problem is a lack of pace in central midfield and not able to link midfield and the strikers. Tom huddlestone has to be dropped and dropped immediately.

When carroll came on he was just dancing around and looking for the ball and looking to make things happen. Hudd just turns like a cruise ship and does nothing with it. Dont get me started on dempsey - the man is a shocking footballer

Carroll is the future of our midfield and needs to be started NOW!

Get rid of lumbering huddlestone and dempsey in january

4 defeats in 5 , pressure is on now and its actually not avb's fault!

Obviously the red card ended the game for us but I don't think anyone can deny that the manager nearly got us back into the game? Very good changes at half time and had Bale squared for Defoe it would have been 4-3. The gooners were getting anxious.

Positives from today? Tom Carroll can close down players quickly, track back, move forward, play an intricate pass, Huddlestone can't and AVB needs to push the youngster on in the EPL, West Ham and Liverpool next up. Lloris is a very good keeper, out of his line so quickly to deny a few very good goal scoring chances, he anticipates the game very well.

I'm not as depressed as I was at half time;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭nomoreindie

I would release Hudd on a free transfer. How far is Parker away from a return, he is a huge loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,744 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Levy Out!

• Advertisement

Obviously the red card ended the game for us but I don't think anyone can deny that the manager nearly got us back into the game? Very good changes at half time and had Bale squared for Defoe it would have been 4-3. The gooners were getting anxious.

Positives from today? Tom Carroll can close down players quickly, track back, move forward, play an intricate pass, Huddlestone can't and AVB needs to push the youngster on in the EPL, West Ham and Liverpool next up. Lloris is a very good keeper, out of his line so quickly to deny a few very good goal scoring chances, he anticipates the game very well.

I'm not as depressed as I was at half time;)

I agree with everything you say.... but I'm still depressed. A perfectly good game, which we were dominating, changed on a refereeing decision/adebayor decision. Whether if you believe it was a red or not we didn't get to see our team play to its full potential. Plus, the result is only going to put more pressure on AVB - even though he did well today.

Advertisement