Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Argos Philips Powertouch Pro PT920/19 €31.78 was €199.99

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Definitely good value..

.. can never get a good shave from electric shavers though!

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭kilkennykitten

€199.99 in Currys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭g0g

£ 62.99 via Amazon (more justification that Argos deal is good) and reviews seem very good

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

€199.99 in Currys
    Buy it there so, then get the difference plus 10%
    We promise we won’t be beaten on price and we check thousands of prices daily to ensure you get the best possible deal.
    In the unlikely event that you find a cheaper price, for the same product and offer we'll not only match the price but also beat it by 10% of the difference. Our price promise even applies up to 7 days after purchase
    • Our price promise applies to the product only, not delivery or other services
    • Single unit products only
    • The Competitor must be a Republic of Ireland retail store within 30 miles of your local store and have stock ready for delivery.
    • Web purchases are excluded

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

snubbleste wrote: »
    Buy it there so, then get the difference plus 10%

Tried that in DID once and they said they considered Argos an online retailer and the offer did not apply to online retailers. Total rubbish of course.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭ando

Tried that in DID once and they said they considered Argos an online retailer and the offer did not apply to online retailers. Total rubbish of course.

WOW, thats incredible. So if any retailer has a website, they are considered an online retailer... rubbish! Total cop out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,946 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

All out of stock near me till next week so reserved it at the closest store.

I assume that price will be honored when I go to collect? Got an email and text confirmation at the offer price

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Cloyne man

hi guys, got one for Cork Mahon store, do not need it. PM me for code if anyone needs it

• Registered Users Posts: 28 cisco92

Bought one from Argos Jervis Centre at advertised €31 price a few minutes ago ( There's 5 left in stock )

Thanks Op - been planning to replace my old electric razor for ages.

Great bargain alert

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

ando wrote: »
    WOW, thats incredible. So if any retailer has a website, they are considered an online retailer... rubbish! Total cop out

It was their loss in the long run, used to buy all my stuff there. Never shopped in there again, since that we bought a TV, Dishwasher, Washing machine, blue ray player, few laptops and more stuff. Penny wise pound foolish!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

cisco92 wrote: »
    Bought one from Argos Jervis Centre at advertised €31 price a few minutes ago ( There's 5 left in stock )

Thanks Op - been planning to replace my old electric razor for ages.

Great bargain alert

I think it's gone from Jervis now - saying you can order for Monday collection.

I've asked them to send one to St. Stephen's Green for collection on Monday.

Good bargain if I get it :) thanks given to OP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭davetherave

Kaiser2000 wrote: »

I assume that price will be honored when I go to collect? Got an email and text confirmation at the offer price

https://www.argos.ie/static/StaticDisplay/includeName/Reserving.htm

Please note that our prices change, sometimes on a daily basis. The price you pay is the price in store on the day you collect your items.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

https://www.argos.ie/static/StaticDisplay/includeName/Reserving.htm

Please note that our prices change, sometimes on a daily basis. The price you pay is the price in store on the day you collect your items.

I reserved a Gazebo once that was 1/2 price. Girlfriend went in next day to collect but the price had gone up. Manager gave it to her at the reserved price anyway.

Nice man. (Dundrum)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,948 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 634 ✭✭✭JustLen

1 reserved in Cruises St. Limerick.
    Great bargain OP thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Kaiser2000 wrote: »

You`ll be ok until the 20th anyway ( bottom of the page on the Argos site)

Additional Information

Please note that this product is excluded from our 30 Day Money Back Guarantee. This does not affect your statutory rights.

* Please note item 4436632 has previously been on sale at €97.49.

Current selling price valid until 20/11/2012

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 350 ✭✭CRM Ireland

I reserved the last one in Drogheda. Going to pick it up now. Great post OP.

I used to have a similar about 10 years ago, and I stopped using it after a few days because it kept giving me a rash. Im going to try again though and I have internet dry shaving tips to learn from!

They wouldnt get away with that. If you follow this link, you can see they are comparing prices with Argos in their price check promotion.....

They wouldnt get away with that. If you follow this link, you can see they are comparing prices with Argos in their price check promotion.....

From DID Price match policy - "This guarantee does not apply to ex-display stock and excludes Internet offers."

I thought I could get away with it here -

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056807989

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ninty

Thanks OP got one ,has an euro 2 pin plug (for bathroom i expect),So get an adapter if you are going to use it elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Wizard

Thanks op, got it for 26 after using the 5 euro voucher from buying the 500gb hard drive, I gotta stop looking at bargain alerts lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

Is this razor washable - can it be rinsed out under a tap?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 303 ✭✭slavedave

Thanks OP,
    Got one for my teenage son as a crimbo gift.

dilallio wrote: »
    Is this razor washable - can it be rinsed out under a tap?

Yes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

I reserved one but the fact I didn't pay for it does that that still mean the price applies?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Faith+1 wrote: »
    I reserved one but the fact I didn't pay for it does that that still mean the price applies?

No. You reserve stock, not the offer. Someone said they had a price honoured. I would say that is just using some discretion. Either way you will see the price before you hand over cash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭dingding

€199.99 in Currys

Would they do a price match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 397 ✭✭Libera

You`ll be ok until the 20th anyway ( bottom of the page on the Argos site)

Additional Information

Current selling price valid until 20/11/2012

Does that include the 20th? Excuse the stupidity!

• Advertisement

dingding wrote: »
    Would they do a price match.

From a few posts up ^^^^

Quote:
    Originally Posted by brian ireland viewpost.gif

Quote:
    Originally Posted by CRM Ireland viewpost.gif

From DID Price match policy - "This guarantee does not apply to ex-display stock and excludes Internet offers."

I thought I could get away with it here -

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...p?t=2056807989

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 586 ✭✭✭lowelife

Can someone please tell me why this was worth €200 in first place?

Not a fan of leccy razors but could be swayed if this is because its brilliant in some way.

I forgot to add the link in my earlier post saying they should price match with Argos at Currys. Here is the link.

http://www.currys.ie/content/Instore-Price-Promise/926?utm_source=Banner10&utm_medium=HomepageBanner&utm_campaign=FooterBanner10

You can see they have Argos in that list. They also state it must be a "Republic of Ireland retail store". What does this mean exactly? Does it mean a retail store in the ROI or that it must be an ROI company? If they dont match against Argos, this would be a very misleading link as they imply they price match against Argos with the tick boxes showing the stores.

I went to Drogheda to get mine. Before I got there I drove to all the retail parks wondering where on earth Currys was. Phoned my girlfriend to check on their website using the store locator and the nearest one is in Dundalk! What an idiot I am. I was gutted as I was going to secretly record the entire thing on my smartphone as I walked in the store and asked about if they would give me the shaver for about 15 euros or whatever it worked out at with the 10% extra difference.

As my reservation was in Drogheda, I wouldnt be able to buy it within a 30 miles radius as the stock was gone from the other stores. I just bought it at Argos..... devastated!

Really sad to learn it only has a two pin plug. Ive 4 toilets at home and not one of them has the light that you plug it into. I have loads of Euro plug adaptors as I used to live in Spain and most of my stuff has Spanish plugs, but it doesnt even fit them properly for some reason. Its charging, but Ive had to use something heavy to hold it in hard enough to make contact.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Was able to order for collection next week as it is not in stock anymore. But if anyone has made a reservation in any of the Cork stores and have decided they are not going to use it would be great to get it sooner:) (and before the mistake is noted)

There was a misprice last year for the rip-rider (expensive trike type thing) for €26.99 (around this time of year coincidentally) and they honoured most of the reservations until they ran out of stock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭south

Thanks OP my girlfriend picked one up in Limerick for me today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

How long do these things last? Will they work away as is for years, or do the blades have to be replaced? Sorry if that a stupid q...never had a leccy shaver before.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭thc4me

Got 2 in Nutgrove for Xmas presents thanks a million OP

How long do these things last? Will they work away as is for years, or do the blades have to be replaced? Sorry if that a stupid q...never had a leccy shaver before.

Says in manual blades should be replaced after 2 years but who ever reads the manual

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gooch2k9

Are they all gone? Says available for collection on all stores i checked.

gooch2k9 wrote: »
    Are they all gone? Says available for collection on all stores i checked.

You must be reading it wrong. It says its available for order. You could try ordering it and hope they have it at that price. Its clearly a mistake. Its included in the new Xmas catalogue supplement and its there as 50% off at 99.99.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gooch2k9

You must be reading it wrong. It says its available for order. You could try ordering it and hope they have it at that price. Its clearly a mistake. Its included in the new Xmas catalogue supplement and its there as 50% off at 99.99.

Sorry meant 'for order'! Wouldn't hold out much hope for it at that price if they have to order them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Never seen that with Argos "Item can be ordered" and it says it can be collected between Saturday and Thursday soooo it's not in the store. :confused:

Anyway my mother said she might get me and the bro one for Christmas so I saw this and reserved two of them. Saved her €180 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭jmch81

Has anyone done the price match in curry's? Boots wouldn't match the price and DID don't stock it.

Hmmm...have a reservation on one of these but just can't decide if I should buy it. The thought of shaving without water or shaving cream sounds like a recipe for a face like a slapped arse! Can you not use shaving foam with these at all? Are the wet electric shavers better?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,948 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Hmmm...have a reservation on one of these but just can't decide if I should buy it. The thought of shaving without water or shaving cream sounds like a recipe for a face like a slapped arse! Can you not use shaving foam with these at all? Are the wet electric shavers better?

Nah, I've been using a dry shaver for a while. No problem with them. I've never found a need to shave in a shower. I've simply rinsed mine out under the sink.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Rael

If you decide not to go for it, any chance I could use your reservation :) I can't wet shave / use a normal razor as they rip the face off me. Can only use electric ones.

Rael wrote: »
    If you decide not to go for it, any chance I could use your reservation :) I can't wet shave / use a normal razor as they rip the face off me. Can only use electric ones.

My reservation is for Queen's old castle, Cork. I'm leaning towards buying it but if I don't I'll PM you tomorrow, if Cork is any good to you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Dub XV

1 left in St Stephen's Green SC at the minute

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Note down at the bottom it says that it was previously on sale at €97.49 and that the price is valid until the 20th.

• Advertisement
Advertisement