Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Argos Philips Powertouch Pro PT920/19 €31.78 was €199.99

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭bromley52

reservation for Killarney to 1st pm. Good until tomorrow.

siber wrote: »
    Three in Limerick - Childers Road - now
    Bloody hell..just as I posted! :mad: Someone must have bought all three :mad: :mad: How are you guys finding them so quick? What's the trick? I am using checkargos.com (badly it seems)!

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭siber

Bloody hell..just as I posted! :mad: Someone must have bought all three :mad: :mad: How are you guys finding them so quick? What's the trick? I am using checkargos.com (badly it seems)!

No tricks - just refreshed checkargos at the right time.

I tired to get you the last on in Childers road - but no luck it was gone.

Will keep an eye out for any more Limerick ones for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 MrFixItt

anyone have a spare code for dublin?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 397 ✭✭Libera

I reckon that's what happened to the five I mentioned in Limerick earlier this evening. It's really just luck as to whether you see them. The last couple of hours after closing and the first hour in the morning are the best times, although there may be the odd few appearing back in stock during the day. A case of being in the right place at the right time though! Just spend a while refreshing the stock checker page during the times I mentioned and you have a better chance, although the sock does appear to be dwindling now. Good luck! ;)

• Advertisement

Thanks guys but it seems my search is over! A kindly boards user just pm'd me a reservation code for Childers Road.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

The Movember campaign will be cursing this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭kendragon

I have a spare code for the Childers road argos in Limerick. Needs to be collected by close of business Thursday. PM me if you want it.

EDIT: code sent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭Max Power

Picked up my earlier, thanks OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭one2one

Just found out my OH had reserved one, however, she said the website told her it was out of stock on Saturday night, but allowed her to reserve for pick up today 20-11-12. Still no email today or text?

There is no reservation number on the email she recieved... anyone any ideas?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Doom

kendragon wrote: »
    I have a spare code for the Childers road argos in Limerick. Needs to be collected by close of business Thursday. PM me if you want it.

Pm sent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

one2one wrote: »
    Just found out my OH had reserved one, however, she said the website told her it was out of stock on Saturday night, but allowed her to reserve for pick up today 20-11-12. Still no email today or text?

There is no reservation number on the email she recieved... anyone any ideas?

Yeah i had the same, it said out of stock but reserve for collection on 22.11.12, got an email without a code, but this morning i got a text message with the code saying i could pick it up between now and 22.11.12. Went in after lunch, entered my code and there it was. Also checked to see if they had more, but the only ones they had were for collection.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭siber

5 in stock in Navan now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Anyone got a code for clonmel ?

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭ozypozy

I picked up two of these today in two different stores, the boxes are different on them however. One of the boxes has a picture of a man on it but the other one just has a pic of a razor. Anyone else?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

ozypozy wrote: »
    I picked up two of these today in two different stores, the boxes are different on them however. One of the boxes has a picture of a man on it but the other one just has a pic of a razor. Anyone else?

The one with the man on it is an outer slip that can be taken off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

ozypozy wrote: »

U sure it isin't just the cardboard cover flap over the main box on one of them and not the other?

edit - beaten by lindtee!

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭ozypozy

U sure it isin't just the cardboard cover flap over the main box on one of them and not the other?

edit - beaten by lindtee!

oh Jesus I feel like the dumbest ass going now, you're absolutely right (off to the Dunce corner with me!)

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Niveus Tauri

Does anyone have a reservation code for Dublin and not going to use it ?

Will appreciate if you could PM me the code.

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,412 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

I'd be interested if anyone have code for Killarney

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Price increased to 37.39 per Argos website.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

pow wow wrote: »

Price was only valid till midnight last night even some have reservations. Locals manager can reduce price at till to match reservation price but they don't have to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

I know, was just a heads up for anyone planning to collect today who might encounter difficulties.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭shot2go

i still have galway code for 2 reserved until tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

How come some argos reservations are given valid for two plus days and others are only one plus a day? anyone know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 495 ✭✭m4rkiz

vicwatson wrote: »
    How come some argos reservations are given valid for two plus days and others are only one plus a day? anyone know?

if item is in stock reservation lasts until the end of the day when reserved before lunchtime, or until end of following day when reserved after lunch time, and up to 5 or so days if it is not in stock but "can be ordered for collection" or something like that when they have stock somewhere and let you reserve it but it needs to be delivered to your store before you can collect it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 246 ✭✭iPearly

pow wow wrote: »
    how can they increase it if it's not available anywhere?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭Maudi

iPearly wrote: »
    how can they increase it if it's not available anywhere?
    hi.if anybody has a code for dun laoghaire arklow dundrum.i be grateful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭boombang

Noted the price increase, but still no availability.

There's no way to order/reserve at the price, right? I'm not missing something am I?

I would be grateful if anybody had a spare code for Dublin via PM. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Dont know if anybody else tried i reserved one and got two as a mix up. The mother said she couldnt get it so i got it in town. Then the mother who didnt know i picked it up went in with the same reservation code and after arguing they gave her the same razor on the same reserve code.

I have no use for 1 of them im considering selling it on done deal for a slight profit considering i have no use for it. But i see peoples point in saying its a bad thing to do just tempted. I will probably find another family member to give it to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

done deal for a slight profit

:eek:

I'd change that before you get the abuse.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 350 ✭✭CRM Ireland

I was going to post up in the small hours of last night about the price increase. However when you click on the item, it goes back down again so you would still get it at the usual 31.78EUR.

Here is the page showing the increase http://www.argos.ie/static/Browse/ID72/14418367/c_1/2%7Ccategory_root%7CHealth+and+personal+care%7C14418350/c_2/2%7C14418350%7CMen%27s+shavers%7C14418367/r_001/1%7CPrice+Cut%7CYes%7C1/r_003/4%7CPrice%7C30+%3C%3D++%3C%3D+49.99%7C2.htm

but when you click on the shaver, it goes to this http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4436632/c_1/2%7Ccategory_root%7CHealth+and+personal+care%7C14418350/c_2/3%7Ccat_19805475%7CMen%27s+shavers%7C14418367.htm?Price+Cut=1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

spongbob wrote: »
    i was wondering how long it would be b4 they made an appearance on DoneD... http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/otherelectronics/4120937

If you note, the seller is offering one for €29 or both for €90.

He must work in Tescos. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

No he's selling 2 different things the Phillips in the deal for 79 and some sort of trimmer for 29 or both for the 90

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭GAMAN

I have 2 for the Jervis that i dont need anymore, needs to be collected today.
    First to PM me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

okidoki987 wrote: »
    :eek:

I'd change that before you get the abuse.

Why it costs money to advertise it on done deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭GAMAN

Gone
    GAMAN wrote: »
    I have 2 for the Jervis that i dont need anymore, needs to be collected today.
    First to PM me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

In defence of Tescos workers, maybe you shouldn't be so snide?

...Especially since if you read the ad properly you will see s/he is selling the PT920 for €79 and a different Philips product (Philips Philshave 964 Precision Shaper) for €29.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Being snide wasn't my intention. I was referring to Tesco's questionable advertising methods - "€0.99 for one or two for €2 deal" - type of thing. However, as I misread the ad, the point is moot.

Apologies to the sensitive folk out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭boombang

Just managed to get a reservation number for one in Dundrum.

This was only after half a day of feverishly refreshing the CheckArgos site.

So there are some still out there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,373 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Bought one this morning they gave it to me at 31.78. Not too much fuss.

Seems to give a pretty close shave....not quite as good as a wet shave but handy for during the week, definitely a bargain at that price.

Have a spare code for Tallaght expires 22nd.
    1st to PM get it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭b318isp

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Have a spare code for Tallaght expires 22nd.
    1st to PM get it.

I'll take it.

Code sent to b318isp.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭Troy McClure

I Would like a code for one of these Razors in either Carlow, Naas, Tallaght, Liffey Valley or Dublin city centre stores. In that order
    Tks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Hardly any codes knocking around for Limerick is there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,151 ✭✭✭ronano

if any for illac,jervis,stephens green or drogheda going i'd appreciate, be a good xmas gift

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 266 ✭✭Solaris10

I have a code for Blanchardstown expires today @ 9pm, can't collect it ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Just collected one for me and one for a mate in two locations. Price in one was €31.78 and the other place was €37.50. Manager looked horrified to be selling it to me at that price in the second location!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭fdevine

Solaris10 wrote: »
    I have a code for Blanchardstown expires today @ 9pm, can't collect it ....

Gladly take it if its still available

• Advertisement
Advertisement