Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Argos Philips Powertouch Pro PT920/19 €31.78 was €199.99

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 397 ✭✭Libera

1 showing in Liffey Valley now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

My reservation is for Queen's old castle, Cork. I'm leaning towards buying it but if I don't I'll PM you tomorrow, if Cork is any good to you?

If Rael doesn't take it could I have the code if you decide against buying it please?:)

[GONE] Anyone want a Jervis Street code valid until end of Friday? First PM gets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Reserved one for collection next week in Letterkenny.
    Reviews seem good and i need a new shaver, i just have a feeling it wont come back into stock.....

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

lindtee wrote: »
    Was able to order for collection next week as it is not in stock anymore. But if anyone has made a reservation in any of the Cork stores and have decided they are not going to use it would be great to get it sooner:) (and before the mistake is noted)

Have done this too, hope the price is the same, thanks OP :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Senna wrote: »
    Reserved one for collection next week in Letterkenny.
    Reviews seem good and i need a new shaver, i just have a feeling it wont come back into stock.....
    Stheno wrote: »
    Have done this too, hope the price is the same, thanks OP :)

Mine says it will be ready for collection between Saturday and Thursday. Am I to assume that it will be waiting there on Saturday or is that 7 day slot an opening for when a truck might possibly turn up with it. :confused:

Bit of a pain really because one section of their site says this
    Argos wrote:
    If it's not in stock, we'll order it in for you and let you know when it's ready for collection.

Are we expected to simply wait by the inbox to see IF they have enough to satisfy demand?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Usually means that it will be there from Saturday and held until Thursday for you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

If Rael doesn't take it could I have the code if you decide against buying it please?:)

If I don't use it myself (I am leaning towards buying it though!!) and Rael doesn't want it, I'll pass it onto you. The code is until close tomorrow, so if I'm not going to buy it I'll pass the code on tomorrow afternoon.

Stheno wrote: »
    Usually means that it will be there from Saturday and held until Thursday for you

Well it will be my poor mother who will find out on Saturday. I reserved them for her to buy me it for Christmas(one for my brother as well). :rolleyes:

She'll have it out with the manager if they are not there. Glad I won't be there. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Rael

My reservation is for Queen's old castle, Cork. I'm leaning towards buying it but if I don't I'll PM you tomorrow, if Cork is any good to you?

I'm in Dublin so Cork isn't good for me :) Thanks for the offer though! If anyone has a code for a city centre location they're not going to use, would be gratefully appreciated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

I reserved it but wont be available until next Tuesday. So i presume this means im not guaranteed that price. Thought it would be a nice cheap present.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 938 ✭✭✭swampy353

I have one reserved in tallaght, if someone wants to chance their arm with currys can forward on the reservation email. This should be enough to envoke the price promise. Pm (will be changing the reservation number on email, not that I don't trust ye) :-P

If I don't use it myself (I am leaning towards buying it though!!) and Rael doesn't want it, I'll pass it onto you. The code is until close tomorrow, so if I'm not going to buy it I'll pass the code on tomorrow afternoon.
    Thanks but I'd say you should go for as it is a great price!
    Are we expected to simply wait by the inbox to see IF they have enough to satisfy demand?

It will be just a waiting game I'd say.
    I reckon its a bit of a marketing ploy just like the "rip-rider" case last year that I mentioned earlier in thread. Most of the ones ordered for collection when it was out of stock were honoured at the misprice when they came back in stock so I am slightly optimistic. I'd take a screen shot of the current price just to be on the safe side though!

I wonder if the Currys Price Promise only applies to the items in the Weekly Price Check List (see the tick boxes). In that case, it wouldn't include Shavers. Hmmm...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Lemmy Scott

Thanks but I'd say you should go for as it is a great price!

It will be just a waiting game I'd say.
    I reckon its a bit of a marketing ploy just like the "rip-rider" case last year that I mentioned earlier in thread. Most of the ones ordered for collection when it was out of stock were honoured at the misprice when they came back in stock so I am slightly optimistic. I'd take a screen shot of the current price just to be on the safe side though!
    hi lindtee im in cork is that thing in argos in town

• Advertisement

hi lindtee im in cork is that thing in argos in town
    The shaver is available to order for collection for sometime next week in most stores at the moment.
    The riprider was last years argos pre-christmas misprice sensation (that never made it to bargain alerts for some reason)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Lemmy Scott

The shaver is available to order for collection for sometime next week in most stores at the moment.
    The riprider was last years argos pre-christmas misprice sensation (that never made it to bargain alerts for some reason)
    thanks lindtee-i presume youll still get it at this price for collection next week wont ya

thanks lindtee-i presume youll still get it at this price for collection next week wont ya
    It is not guaranteed but I am hopefull:pac: The offer ends on the 20th so fingers crossed that they come back in before then.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭guza81

I reserved one in Cork retail park. For collection 18 Sun - 20 Tue, so i presume this means price should be guaranteed as per: Current selling price valid until 20/11/2012.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,954 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 350 ✭✭CRM Ireland

I went and had a look on the Currys forum to see what Captain Morgan was talking about.

Its fair enough if they are not willing to beat a price which is there by mistake, if it turns out officially to be a mistake. Whats unbelievable is that the Currys rep has stated that items on sale at other shops are not included in the "Price Match plus 10% off the difference" offer they are so proud about that they plaster it all over the front of their home page.

Misleading? Pffffft

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056807912

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Who's the genius who sent a pm to Currys which they're now investigating - prob by contacting Argos to confirm it?

Can't you just be happy with the bargain itself without tying to score an additional "bonus"from another retailer?

I expect to see these not being delivered into store by the 20th and the. The price shooting up. I hope I'm wrong.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 329 ✭✭samina

I have a reservation for nutgrove if anyone wants it. Changed my mind about getting one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,092 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

samina wrote: »
    I have a reservation for nutgrove if anyone wants it. Changed my mind about getting one
    Pm sent

I went and had a look on the Currys forum to see what Captain Morgan was talking about.

Its fair enough if they are not willing to beat a price which is there by mistake, if it turns out officially to be a mistake. Whats unbelievable is that the Currys rep has stated that items on sale at other shops are not included in the "Price Match plus 10% off the difference" offer they are so proud about that they plaster it all over the front of their home page.

Misleading? Pffffft

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056807912

It's a bloody error FFS. Look at the price with any competitor. How can you honestly expect PCW to price match this plus 10%?

Same as others pissed about the fact that they were prevented from making multiple orders on low value items to avail of the extra tenner off in the recent PCW error.

Mistakes happen. If you slip through, well done. But if it doesnt work out, dont be bitching about it endlessly. Some people on this forum are genuine fruitcakes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭banchang

ninty wrote: »
    Thanks OP got one ,has an euro 2 pin plug (for bathroom i expect),So get an adapter if you are going to use it elsewhere.

Cheaper in Dealz or 2Euro shop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ninty

Argos do great reductions from time to time so may not be a pricing error ,you only have to look at that LG 42" led tv a few weeks ago for €450 as well as a good few other less than half price offers they have made.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭7upfree

Feck it! I thought it was going to be a flatscreen TV!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,350 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Hi lads, has anyone got a reservation number for any of the Cork stores that they're not planning on using?

please!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 329 ✭✭samina

dodzy wrote: »
    Pm sent

Code sent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭g0g

I'm buying two in Blanch West End. One came in this morning but the other is on the Monday delivery (as I ordered later on yesterday). Would really like to get both today and save myself the extra trip, so on the off-chance anyone has a code for today in Blanch they don't need or will swap and wait til Monday please PM me!

g0g wrote: »
    I'm buying two in Blanch West End. One came in this morning but the other is on the Monday delivery (as I ordered later on yesterday). Would really like to get both today and save myself the extra trip, so on the off-chance anyone has a code for today in Blanch they don't need or will swap and wait til Monday please PM me!

How do you know it came in?

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭rks

Anyone has a spare code for Dublin?

Beer Baron wrote: »
    How do you know it came in?
    Got my automatic text from them a few mins ago. Called store to double-check. The guy said there are quite a few of them on the delivery, but all are already reserved. My early reservation yesterday did say it'd be in today too, but later reservation said Mon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 586 ✭✭✭lowelife

lowelife wrote: »
    Can someone please tell me why this was worth €200 in first place?

Not a fan of leccy razors but could be swayed if this is because its brilliant in some way.

Can anyone help here?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭lesnol

This is still priced at £67.99 on the argos.co.uk site so is pretty definitely a misprice. Still hoping to get mine on Monday though.

lesnol wrote: »
    This is still priced at £67.99 on the argos.co.uk site so is pretty definitely a misprice. Still hoping to get mine on Monday though.

Well It's 10:32 on a Friday morning and the price has been "wrong" for a long time. They have had ample time to e-mail all the people or text all the people still waiting to tell them that the price in voided and their reservation is gone.

They haven't so we must assume the product should still be available until they tell us.

Just picked mine up in Blanch so ignore my request for a code. Looked a bit rubbishy I thought with the outside sleeve thingy for Christmas packaging but the inside packaging looks better. Have been using RQ1075 for years and I can see how that used to be pricey enough (as it has fancy washing stand and case), but this new one from today now I think you'd be mad to spend € 200 on! Handy feature seems to be you can just wash the entire unit under a tap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 212 ✭✭razor12345

If anyone has an unwanted reservation in either tallaght or nutgrove i would gladly take it cheers

• Advertisement

razor12345 wrote: »
    If anyone has an unwanted reservation in either tallaght or nutgrove i would gladly take it cheers
    Appropriate username anyway!:)

Can someone please tell me why this was worth €200 in first place?
    Not a chance
    Not a fan of leccy razors but could be swayed if this is because its brilliant in some way.
    Plenty of reviews here

If you are a fan of a very clean, baby-skin shave, don't hold your breath. Grand for a quickie I'd imagine, that's the only reason I'm investing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Peanut2011

Kaiser2000 wrote: »
    I assume that price will be honored when I go to collect? Got an email and text confirmation at the offer price

Price you pay is the price on the day you go to pick it up, so if you don't do it today the price could be corrected by tomorrow and you will have to pay the new price.

Peanut2011 wrote: »
    Price you pay is the price on the day you go to pick it up, so if you don't do it today the price could be corrected by tomorrow and you will have to pay the new price.

Price on the screen says it is the price until the 20th November so they would have to honour it up to close of the shop on Monday I would assume. (Unless they come out and claim it's a pricing error)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 586 ✭✭✭lowelife

Not a chance

Plenty of reviews here

If you are a fan of a very clean, baby-skin shave, don't hold your breath. Grand for a quickie I'd imagine, that's the only reason I'm investing.

Thanks, I will stick to the razor blade method in the shower once a week and look like a hermit the rest of the time :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Sounds like the isn't worth the full price, but is it worth the €31.78 at least?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

Chance my arm here,...anybody got a cork res number they are not using PM me.

Cheers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 350 ✭✭CRM Ireland

It's a bloody error FFS. Look at the price with any competitor. How can you honestly expect PCW to price match this plus 10%?

Same as others pissed about the fact that they were prevented from making multiple orders on low value items to avail of the extra tenner off in the recent PCW error.

Mistakes happen. If you slip through, well done. But if it doesnt work out, dont be bitching about it endlessly. Some people on this forum are genuine fruitcakes.

Before YOU start bitching endlessly and swearing at me. Why dont you actually absorb what I wrote in that text. Same goes for the person who thanked your post.

I didnt once bitch about this offer. I actually think you mustve read my post while you were half asleep because its SO clear I said I wouldnt expect them to price match plus 10% IF its a genuine mistake.

The whole point of my post is that Currys are saying they dont price match plus 10% on any items in any store which are on sale. Nothing to do with a mistake, just any item which is on sale. I dont even have a problem with them doing this, its their offer and they can make it any way they like, my problem is that they do not mention anything about the offer excluding items which are on sale. Some might call it misleading, which is what I did in my post on their forum, but I dont think its designed to mislead, its just a downright lie.

Before you post up about this post, have a read again, just to make sure you understand it before you start throwing your infantile cursing around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 495 ✭✭m4rkiz

they offerring that, it is not my imagination, is it?
    so either they stick to their word or cancel that offer, instead we get some bs from their 'marketoids'

another example that their advertising campaigns are poorly planned and executed, but how it is my problem? someone got paid for that extra tenner idea so the same person should take responsibility for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

I got a reservation for Swords but I won't be able to collect it now. If anyone wants the ticket, PM me.

EDIT- mine's gone now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭death1234567

Sappy404 wrote: »
    Sounds like the isn't worth the full price, but is it worth the €31.78 at least?
    The razer is actually cheaper than the replacement heads. It was cheaper for me to buy this one new rather than get replacement heads for my old one.

• Advertisement
Advertisement