Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Argos Philips Powertouch Pro PT920/19 €31.78 was €199.99

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 tobytoo

Cloyne man wrote: »
    hi guys, got one for Cork Mahon store, do not need it. PM me for code if anyone needs it

Am I too late to get the code for Argos in Mahon? They are out of stock at the moment. Sorry, I'm not sure how to message you in 'PM' as I'm new to this site,
    Kind regards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

made an order to be picked up on monday. fingers crossed the price stays the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Collected mine this a.m. haven't tried it yet but looks like a nice machine, and and absolute BARGAIN at the price.

Nice spot OP, fair play. I'll think of you everytime I shave :rolleyes: ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 586 ✭✭✭lowelife

vicwatson wrote: »
    Collected mine this a.m. haven't tried it yet but looks like a nice machine, and and absolute BARGAIN at the price.

Nice spot OP, fair play. I'll think of you everyting I shave :rolleyes: ;)

Saucy ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

lowelife wrote: »
    Saucy ;)

:D:D

Your username says it all;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭uli84

if anyone has a reservation they won't use for anywhere in Dublin - I'd be extremely grateful :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

Picked up 2 in Waterford.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

Just picked my reservation up. Not sure if it's for keeping or a present yet!

Thanks OP!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭Ballyv24

Picked up 1 in Waterford.

I had it reserved yesterday and was afraid that the price would have changed by the time I collected it, or after I paid that they would chase me down the street after realizing their mistake

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 350 ✭✭CRM Ireland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Some people are so nice....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 586 ✭✭✭lowelife

The comments are great......:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

If anyone has a code for Galway or Castlebar they are not using I'd appreciate it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

People like that make me sick.

I have a code for drogheda if anyone wants it. To be picked up this evening. Reply on-thread only please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Jimdagym wrote: »

I have a code for drogheda if anyone wants it. To be picked up this evening. Reply on-thread only please.

I actually would object a bit less if they had the good grace to wait at least a couple of weeks, and also maybe not to try and nearly triple their profit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

I think the guy looking for 85 euro is selling two at the same time? So it's not as bad as the guy chancing it for 95 euro...

"Greed is good" capitalism 101 :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Philips AT890/20 Wet/Dry Shaver reduced to €55.41 from €132.99:

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4436670/Trail/searchtext%3EDRI.htm

For those who missed out and are now looking for a shaver.

Edit: You'll also get a €5 voucher for spending over €50, AFAIK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,947 ✭✭✭long_b

Sappy404 wrote: »

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4436670/Trail/searchtext%3EDRI.htm

Ha ha ha - as if anyone actually wants an electric razor - it's the CHASE !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

lowelife wrote: »
    The comments are great......:pac:

Yes, espcially the friendly tone of the OP when called out on their profiteering!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭uli84

Many thanks to long_b for the kind gesture (can't send you a PM for some reason-storage issue)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Yes, espcially the friendly tone of the OP when called out on their profiteering!

Meh I offered them both €32. Well, I put in €31.78 but it updated as €32. Chancers. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 919 ✭✭✭ChickenBalls

The razer is actually cheaper than the replacement heads. It was cheaper for me to buy this one new rather than get replacement heads for my old one.

Reminds me of how printers are cheaper than ink now! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

lindtee wrote: »
    Thanks but I'd say you should go for as it is a great price!

I ended up buying it, Lindtee. Just incase you were wondering! Hopefully you'll be able to pick on up next week...

Anyone know a cheap place to get an adapter for this thing? Don't understand why they didn't stick a regular UK plug on it since you only plug it in while it's charging, not while actually shaving in the bathroom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

I ended up buying it, Lindtee. Just incase you were wondering! Hopefully you'll be able to pick on up next week...

Anyone know a cheap place to get an adapter for this thing? Don't understand why they didn't stick a regular UK plug on it since you only plug it in while it's charging, not while actually shaving in the bathroom.

Euro shops sell them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

Sappy404 wrote: »

Great, been looking for a wet/dry one at a decent price for ages, going in as a stocking filler for herself.. ;)

• Advertisement

dooferoaks wrote: »
    Euro shops sell them.

Nice one, thanks for the tip :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

JJJJNR wrote: »
    Great, been looking for a wet/dry one at a decent price for ages, going in as a stocking filler for herself.. ;)

She hairy much? :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭ando

^^^ haha thats got a giggle

• Registered Users Posts: 2 tobytoo

Its probably too late at this stage but if anyone has a spare code for any of the Cork stores will you let me know please?
    Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Fingers crossed although I am not too concerned as would be for a present for my son or dad. I'll find some other bargain as a replacement present if it falls through. Its a great price for this though. As someone else said here its more the chase of getting one than any great need.:cool:

Edit - Tesco do the adapters for about €1.50 or at least they did a few months back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 397 ✭✭Libera

Whilst collecting mine, out of curiosity I looked it up on the system to see if you could order one in for collection...NO! Odd.

In other news, Currys have taken the shaver off their website earlier today. Now, they could have sold out, or have confirmed that Argos have not made a mistake and do not wish to match it. If the latter, somewhat underhand. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

If anyone has a Cork reservation I'd really appreciate it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Libera wrote: »
    Whilst collecting mine, out of curiosity I looked it up on the system to see if you could order one in for collection...NO! Odd.

In other news, Currys have taken the shaver off their website earlier today. Now, they could have sold out, or have confirmed that Argos have not made a mistake and do not wish to match it. If the latter, somewhat underhand. :rolleyes:

Yeah, Thats whats underhanded in this...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

I just reserved one of these from my local Argos, I got the confirmation e-mail but it doesn't say on it anywhere what I've reserved or any reference number etc at all.

Is this normal...?

No, that does not sound normal!

[GONE] Anyone in Limerick want a res. code? Cruises St. store, held to end of Sat. - PM me. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 jedikn1ght

Jimdagym wrote: »

I would use that code for Drogheda if its still available ?

Can you PM the code

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭donnacha

Anyone in Limerick want a res. code? Cruises St. store, held to end of Sat. - PM me. ;)

In the spirit of what libera has been doing I thought I'd do the same this evening as I'm online:
    If anyone requires a code for the following locations PM me - I'll update the list, all are reserved for tomorrow:

Limerick (Cruises St) x 2
    Wexford x 1
    Castlebar x 1
    Monaghan x 1
    Ilac Centre x 2
    Jervis St x 1 Gone to bittihuduga
    Portlaoise x 1
    Clonmel x 1
    Sligo x 1 Gone to daingeanrob
    Stephens Green x 1 Gone to rks
    Cork Queens Oldcastle x 1
    After 1 hr of f5ing I finally got one for myself in dun laoghaire :)

Ah, donnacha, were you the other one nabbing all the green boxes at the same time as me? :D

So, res. codes for the following available for Saturday collection - PM me:

[all gone]

This is becoming a new form of entertainment! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭donnacha

Ah, donncha, were you the other one nabbing all the green boxes at the same time as me? :D

So, res. codes for the following available for Saturday collection - PM me (one to each person!):

Limerick Cruises St. x2
    Castlebar x1
    Stephen's Green x2
    Ilac x1

This is becoming a new form of entertainment! :rolleyes:

Still haven't got one for myself but have held back one dublin city centre code for myself just in case. Ideally I'm waiting for Dun Laoghaire. Dundrum or Nutgrove also work in case you get there first :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

Anybody got a spare for any of the cork stores? PM me please

Just had a go off it there. It did a pretty good job I think.

I (wet) shave every day because I hate having any stubble at all on my face, so this might take a little getting used to. It seems to have done a pretty close shave (closer than I was expecting) apart from one or two spots that I may just not have gone over properly. Might need to look up proper electric shaving technique. Encouraging so far though.

Well done donnacha! The F5'ing is quite therapeutic, isn't it?! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Just had a go off it there. It did a pretty good job I think.

I (wet) shave every day because I hate having any stubble at all on my face, so this might take a little getting used to. It seems to have done a pretty close shave (closer than I was expecting) apart from one or two spots that I may just not have gone over properly. Might need to look up proper electric shaving technique. Encouraging so far though.

So (after first use admittedly) would you think this could replace a wet shave?.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

Beer Baron wrote: »
    She hairy much? :eek:

yore ma!? hairy hole on her.

So (after first use admittedly) would you think this could replace a wet shave?.

Hard to say, but I'm hopeful. It's not as close as a wet shave of course, but as somebody who hates the feeling of any prickly stubble on my face, I feel pretty clean-shaven after using it. It will probably take a few days to form a solid opinion, but I'm encouraged so far :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

Looks like it can not be reserved any more in any of the stores, after you put in your email address and phone number it just comes up out of stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭evostik

Anybody got a spare reservation code for the Northside?
    (Swords, Santry, Ashbourne, Blanchardstown, etc)

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Have been f5ing to try and get one in Cork with no success but did manage to reserve one in Arklow for collection tomorrow if anyone wants it, reply on thread.

• Advertisement

Ah lindtee, you weren't doing it right...did you blow on F5 and say a little prayer? ;) Will keep an eye out. There is a pattern as to when the stock reappears but I'd say that's about it for the night (ties in with when shops close...or something!). :)

Advertisement