Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Argos Philips Powertouch Pro PT920/19 €31.78 was €199.99

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 397 ✭✭Libera

spongbob wrote: »
    any going availble for longford/ athlone...

Would you prefer Athlone or Longford? :) (edit - Athlone now gone to spongbob]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Thanks very much for the PM and code Libera :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭ronano

wouldnt mind the illac code

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭doctorg

Ilac or jervis or blanch code please :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Has anyone got a Galway one? Please?! :D

I asked pages back!

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭siber

Anything from Galway, Athlone, Tullamore, - anywhere in the Midlands really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I have two codes as I now have 4 available. Two in cruises steet and 2 in Childers road limerick. I'm only giving away one pair of codes as I want the other two.

First pm gets a pair of codes for one of the shops. I have to wait to see which one my mother collects though, you get the other shop.

My Childers roads one was on back order but I got my text this morning saying they are there now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭donnacha

Updated list below - Just Wexford left ...

Limerick (Cruises St) x 2 Gone to A2LUE42 and djdunny
    Wexford x 1
    Castlebar x 1 Gone to Gizmo555
    Monaghan x 1 Gone to Gazzaman22
    Ilac Centre x 3 Gone to Avengers, ThirdFox and Captain Morgan
    Jervis St x 1 Gone to bittihuduga
    Portlaoise x 1 Gone to Mossie27
    Clonmel x 1 Gone to kjgf123
    Sligo x 1 Gone to daingeanrob
    Stephens Green x 1 Gone to rks
    Cork Queens Oldcastle x 1 Gone to gustafo[/QUOTE]

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭siber

On checkargos - there are two available in Killarney this morning. This might help somebody down that way who has missed out.
    I have reserved and have codes for both.
    Reply here if you need either of these codes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Pm sent to Jenno for galwayas I got a pm and one to mjp aswell. Don't have time to go through the thread as I going out soon. Just have 1 for arklow and Nutgrove left.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Lome

lindtee wrote: »
    Pm sent to Jenno for galwayas I got a pm and one to mjp aswell. Don't have time to go through the thread as I going out soon. Just have 1 for arklow and Nutgrove left.

Lindtee can i have the nutgrove one? much appreciated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Edit, doesn't matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Lome

ya sure ya got the right one? still says 31 for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Libera wrote: »
    Res. codes for the following available for Saturday collection until the store closes - PM me early Sat. morning:

Arklow x1
    Longford x1
    Cavan x1

Other codes gone to: s8n, Beer Baron, coldfire1x, fgaha, djdunny, alanbk, toddunctious, fewtinsoffroth, Eireann8, spongbob....phew! ;)

Keep an eye out when the stores close tomorrow evening and for an hour or two after, there may be unclaimed ones added back in. I won't be booking them again! ;)

Can I get Cavan one?

Big Nelly wrote: »
    Can I get Cavan one?

Yup, sending on to you now! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 216 ✭✭Tommy Dillon

anyone collect today? and at what price?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ninty

Just picked one up now that was on order and they are honouring the price

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

My girlfriend pick it up for me this morning and it was still €31.78

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 216 ✭✭Tommy Dillon

niiiiicccceeee

Currys now have it reduced to €99.99 (matching Argos Christmas catalogue)...ahem. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Yup, sending on to you now! ;)

cheers mate

Just back from picking up my one from Dun Laoghaire - Great bargain and thanks to the OP for the heads up. I managed to use my €5 voucher I'd got from the USB 3 harddrive I'd purchased earlier in the week so only cost €26.78 :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 761 ✭✭✭GSBellew

Massive thanks to the op for this.

Had ordered one for collection, was due in on Tuesday, got a text this morning saying it was in stock for collection, picked it up there at €31.78

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭mags1962

Same here Thank You

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 96 ✭✭Keogh08

siber wrote: »
    On checkargos - there are two available in Killarney this morning. This might help somebody down that way who has missed out.
    I have reserved and have codes for both.
    Reply here if you need either of these codes.

Pm sent, thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,607 ✭✭✭pah

got mine in mahon. 31.78 happy days

I would also like to a huge thanks to the OP! :)

[reserved codes now all gone]

Codes gone to: s8n, Beer Baron, coldfire1x, fgaha, djdunny, alanbk, toddunctious, fewtinsoffroth, Eireann8, spongbob, Big Nelly, brensky, brightkane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Why hoard so many?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Why hoard so many?

Have to agree, I think a BA thread is enough, I would not like to be in a position to pick one up at my local Argos only to have to come on here and wait for an OP to be on Boards and responding to PMs, kinda creates a second layer of complexity.
    In fairness I can understand the spirit of the multiple reservations but think it's just a step too far.

It wasn't intended as hoarding, that's why they are being offered! Just returning favour to other Board's members. They appear very briefly on the system as stock goes live and otherwise about 20-30 folk would now have missed out, or have to pay a potentially increased price nice week. Just trying to be nice but won't do it again so...each to his own going forward.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

It wasn't intended as hoarding, that's why they are being offered! Just returning favour to other Board's members. They appear very briefly on the system as stock goes live and otherwise about 20-30 folk would now have missed out, or have to pay a potentially increased price nice week. Just trying to be nice but won't do it again so...each to his own going forward.
    Same here, seemed a good idea at the time:( Won't do it again either.

Edit to add - that they appear in the system at random times for those hoping to get a code later for a particular store later on. It didn't seem to relate to closing times or anything.

Why hoard so many?
    slave1 wrote: »
    Have to agree, I think a BA thread is enough, I would not like to be in a position to pick one up at my local Argos only to have to come on here and wait for an OP to be on Boards and responding to PMs, kinda creates a second layer of complexity.
    In fairness I can understand the spirit of the multiple reservations but think it's just a step too far.

Between the reservation codes coming available last night and this morning I had PM'd all the codes I'd managed to reserve (apart from one that is still available) to boards members before the shops reopened. I happened to want one myself and spent an hour pressing F5 until one finally appeared available for reservation at my local argos.

I thought what Libera started was in the spirit of this Bargain Alert. We have other members contacting other retailers trying to get price matches or better and then we also have members buying and then immediately trying to sell online for profit. I hope in the future if I'm interested in an Argos Bargain Alert and miss the window to reserve one that there is the chance that a member here has a code that they are offering to others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Having one spare is all well and good, but when users start reserving from stores all over the country, it's taking the piss.

I tried to get one in Jervis/ILAC when I became aware of the price and unfortunately all were gone. I was more than a little annoyed to see users had reserved items with NO intention of collecting.

Make all the excuses you like about saving the spots for us that missed out. In fact, you're more of a nuisance.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭lesnol

I actually thoght it was a great idea and very thoughtful of those who reserved them and distributed them evenly. It was a good move to stop those who read and never contribute to the board from buying up multiples and selling on, it seemed to be done in a fair, well intentioned, fun manner to me.

You can't please everyone all of the time and one way or another, not everyone is going to get one as stock is finite. So, just look after yourself in future and everyone will be happy - lesson learned. (edited for typo)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

i will take the longford one if its still going

Got mine this morning for 31.78 and have a res code for another two in limerick. Two people sent me a pm for them but never came back to me. Shop is open till 6pm. Pm me now for code. Sorry to the other two people, I tried to contact you by pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

Out of stock atm

http://www.checkargos.com/StockCheckPage.php?productId=443/6632

I changed my mind and if anyone wants to collect from Tallaght please send me pm.

If I can't reply via pm it means that this reservation number went to someone else.

Cheers

keeponrockin got it

brightkane wrote: »
    i will take the longford one if its still going

PM'ed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 761 ✭✭✭GSBellew

There is one showing as in stock in Limerick at the moment.

GSBellew wrote: »

There will be two more tomorrow because nobody wants my code.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 562 ✭✭✭thegift06

anyone got any spare reservation codes for any dublin stores?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 881 ✭✭✭grange mac

If anyone sees any in cork, ill take the code. thanks guys

• Registered Users Posts: 44 fizzles

If anyone has a spare reservation number for Omni or Swords, would really
    appreciate it. Many thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

fizzles wrote: »
    If anyone has a spare reservation number for Omni or Swords, would really
    appreciate it. Many thanks.
    2 Available in Swords now

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

GSBellew wrote: »

Two actually

http://www.adverts.ie/hair-care-grooming/philips-powertouch-pro-pt920-19-shaver/2325850

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

One in Wexford ATM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

lindtee wrote: »
    Same here, seemed a good idea at the time:( Won't do it again either.

Edit to add - that they appear in the system at random times for those hoping to get a code later for a particular store later on. It didn't seem to relate to closing times or anything.
    donnacha wrote: »
    Between the reservation codes coming available last night and this morning I had PM'd all the codes I'd managed to reserve (apart from one that is still available) to boards members before the shops reopened. I happened to want one myself and spent an hour pressing F5 until one finally appeared available for reservation at my local argos.

I thought what Libera started was in the spirit of this Bargain Alert. We have other members contacting other retailers trying to get price matches or better and then we also have members buying and then immediately trying to sell online for profit. I hope in the future if I'm interested in an Argos Bargain Alert and miss the window to reserve one that there is the chance that a member here has a code that they are offering to others.

Thank you very much for providing that service - I've got the one from the Ilac centre from a code Donnacha gave me.
    Having one spare is all well and good, but when users start reserving from stores all over the country, it's taking the piss.

I tried to get one in Jervis/ILAC when I became aware of the price and unfortunately all were gone. I was more than a little annoyed to see users had reserved items with NO intention of collecting.

Make all the excuses you like about saving the spots for us that missed out. In fact, you're more of a nuisance.

Unless you're a hawker why would you have a problem with this?

Because knowing human nature - frankly if the users above hadn't reserved the items when they did someone with purely selfish intentions would have reserved them all and bought them for resale.

The people above were being selfless and this helped to ensure many boardsies got a good bargain instead of them all ending up with that poster in Limerick who's trying to sell them at a 300% price inflation.

So don't stop what you did there guys - thanks for your help.

And Mugger - think about it this way - you may be pissed that you couldn't reserve one...well frankly if lindtee, donnacha or libera didn't reserve one you wouldn't have gotten one anyway as "some guy" will have reserved them before you and sold them on.

Better it gets reserved by people who want to share with others rather than people who don't.

On-topic: when I tried in the Ilac centre at the auto desk with the code Donnacha gave me the machine actually told me the reservation number wasn't recognised. I spoke to customer service who were able to bring up the reservation on their internal system but on the public till system there may have been a "no sale" put on the item. Hence I'm not sure if this is a good bargain or a misprice and Argos are trying to stop stores from selling them or if it was just a problem with their stock levels or something.

Eventually I did get it though (after waiting for 30 minutes - I popped out to have lunch!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

Thirdfox wrote: »
    Thank you very much for providing that service - I've got the one from the Ilac centre from a code Donnacha gave me.

Unless you're a hawker why would you have a problem with this?

Because knowing human nature - frankly if the users above hadn't reserved the items when they did someone with purely selfish intentions would have reserved them all and bought them for resale.

The people above were being selfless and this helped to ensure many boardsies got a good bargain instead of them all ending up with that poster in Limerick who's trying to sell them at a 300% price inflation.

So don't stop what you did there guys - thanks for your help.

And Mugger - think about it this way - you may be pissed that you couldn't reserve one...well frankly if lindtee, donnacha or libera didn't reserve one you wouldn't have gotten one anyway as "some guy" will have reserved them before you and sold them on.

Better it gets reserved by people who want to share with others rather than people who don't.

On-topic: when I tried in the Ilac centre at the auto desk with the code Donnacha gave me the machine actually told me the reservation number wasn't recognised. I spoke to customer service who were able to bring up the reservation on their internal system but on the public till system there may have been a "no sale" put on the item. Hence I'm not sure if this is a good bargain or a misprice and Argos are trying to stop stores from selling them or if it was just a problem with their stock levels or something.

Eventually I did get it though (after waiting for 30 minutes - I popped out to have lunch!)

Well said about the 3 lads all they were doing is trying to help people out.
    Fair play Donnacha i picked mine up aswell today delighted with this bargain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 909 ✭✭✭gazzaman22

many thanks again donnacha... i owe you a pint... picked up the one you had reserved for me in monaghan.. gonna test drive her tomo ! cheers and many years of safe driving

• Advertisement
Advertisement