Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Argos Philips Powertouch Pro PT920/19 €31.78 was €199.99

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,948 ✭✭✭gizmo555

Have a code for Castlebar on Tuesday next, Nov 20, if anyone wants it PM me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 397 ✭✭Libera

2 in Dundrum NOW! Book yourself... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

If I get notification that the couple ( in Mahon & Blackpool) that I reserved on thursday for collection from tomorrow onwards come back into stock I will pass the codes on here for anyone who missed out as it is doubtful they will come available to reserve from now on.

Would like to add that I reserved the ones last night with the best of intentions as I thought the others were great for doing so, to help other boardsies out who didn't have the time nor inclination to sit press f5 and as has been said to stop them falling into the hands of profiteers. I do remember someone else getting an awful doing for doing the same last year with some other argos bargain so I should have known better! And I do know better now.

A tip for anyone who is going to be f5ing for the evening is that before they come back in stock in certain stores, it comes up as "unknown status" on checkargos and "unable to check stock now" on argos.ie.

lindtee wrote: »
    A tip for anyone who is going to be f5ing for the evening is that before they come back in stock in certain stores, it comes up as "unknown status" on checkargos and "unable to check stock now" on argos.ie.

I had been going to raise that earlier but sometimes it works and other times not, in my experience but on the whole, it does give some indication.,,may just take 5 minutes or so before it appears back in stock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 881 ✭✭✭grange mac

lindtee wrote: »
    If I get notification that the couple ( in Mahon & Blackpool) that I reserved on thursday for collection from tomorrow onwards come back into stock I will pass the codes on here for anyone who missed out as it is doubtful they will come available to reserve from now on.

Would like to add that I reserved the ones last night with the best of intentions as I thought the others were great for doing so, to help other boardsies out who didn't have the time nor inclination to sit press f5 and as has been said to stop them falling into the hands of profiteers. I do remember someone else getting an awful doing for doing the same last year with some other argos bargain so I should have known better! And I do know better now.

That would be great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 376 ✭✭Sikpupi

Enlightening me....what is the F5 trick?????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

Sikpupi wrote: »

refresh page

It just refreshes the page...requires patience! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 138 ✭✭locohobo

Anyone got a code to spare for Limerick??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

Just don't overdo it ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 fizzles

Thanks A2LUE42, but there's none showing now. So still looking for code
    please for Omni or Swords.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 plasticine

Hi,
    Anyone have code for Dundalk or Drogheda?

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭crazybaldhead

I collected the one I reserved at Blanchardstown Westend today. It wasnt in stock when I reserved it but got text this morning saying it was available for collection. Collected this afternoon at €31.00 happy days

Might have a code on Monday as one of the lads in work reserved one too and may not want it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭ALS

Code for Wexford if any one is stuck , pm me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16 kevchase

any codes for dublin or surroundings area please pm me if you have any spare .. thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

kevchase wrote: »
    any codes for dublin or surroundings area please pm me if you have any spare .. thanks

Did you check for those two in Dundrum?

i went on to argos and it says out of stock... am i doing something wrong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭PinkFly

A big thanks to Lindtree for the code, picked mine up today
    Now the hardest part is to decide who to give it to!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

kevchase wrote: »
    i went on to argos and it says out of stock... am i doing something wrong

You're doing nothing wrong, they are simply out of stock! Someone might be able to give you a spare Reservation code.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

Seems to be out of stock everywhere :/

ye i was afraid of that ... anybody get a code please pm me .... greatly appreciated!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Thirdfox wrote: »

Because knowing human nature - frankly if the users above hadn't reserved the items when they did someone with purely selfish intentions would have reserved them all and bought them for resale...

Or people looking for one who didn't have the opportunity to consistently follow this thread might have been able to secure one without going through a middle person (albeit well-intentioned). It adds an extra layer of complication for all involved - those reserving the stock and those looking to buy it. At the same time it was done in good spirit and it would be unfair to have a go at the posters who were trying to do a good deed.

Knowing human nature as you do, one can't possibly know that anyone asking for a code here didn't have a couple of these lined up for sale at home already. Block-reserving them doesn't in any way mean that they don't fall into the hands of people looking to sell them on for two or three times the price - it just means they have to go through someone else to do it.

Thanks for the bargain alert OP, managed to pick one up yesterday morning (at about 9.05am in the case they decided to whack the price up!) :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 930 ✭✭✭robertpatterson

Faith+1 wrote: »
    If only there was a user on here with the name 'spiochu1' at least then we'd all know it might be the same person looking to make a killing
    Oh wait there is ...
    http://www.boards.ie/search/submit/?query=&forum=&user=454348&date_from=&date_to=:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

If only there was a user on here with the name 'spiochu1' at least then we'd all know it might be the same person looking to make a killing
    Oh wait there is ...
    http://www.boards.ie/search/submit/?query=&forum=&user=454348&date_from=&date_to=:mad:

:confused::confused:, what's the suggestion?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

slave1 wrote: »
    Have to agree, I think a BA thread is enough, I would not like to be in a position to pick one up at my local Argos only to have to come on here and wait for an OP to be on Boards and responding to PMs, kinda creates a second layer of complexity.
    In fairness I can understand the spirit of the multiple reservations but think it's just a step too far.

totally agree, thread notification is enough....think about it...its not right that a regular shopper will miss out on a great deal like this because of some online clique
    Libera wrote: »
    It wasn't intended as hoarding, that's why they are being offered! Just returning favour to other Board's members. They appear very briefly on the system as stock goes live and otherwise about 20-30 folk would now have missed out, or have to pay a potentially increased price nice week. Just trying to be nice but won't do it again so...each to his own going forward.

don't try to justify it like that...it is hogging the system...you do realise that argos hold the "reserve items" until closing time the following day..so thats a full day that a "non boards.ie member" can't avail of this special offer, c'mon its not right

> I honestly think argos should suspend the check & reserve feature for these one off offers...its the only way to stop it from being exploited....it should be first come first served..simple as

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭g0g

Sorry to the people who thought they were doing a good deed booking up every one they could find in the country, but just to point out another angle as to why (and maybe others) am against it.....

Part of BA that I like is the satisfaction of getting the deal yourself! Most of the time I don't even need the stuff I see in threads, but it's the challenge of getting them before they're gone! Getting a second-hand code from someone else, whilst it might get me the deal, "cheats" me of the novelty factor of getting something I didn't need for cheap! Most of the time it's not the end of the world if people miss out on these deals as I didn't see tens of people in the requests for over the past weeks looking for cheap electric razors!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Talk about flogging a dead horse. The three of us who did this have no intention of doing it again so I don't know why people keep harping on about it in typical boards.ie style. It was one day where about twenty codes maximum in total were passed on to others. A hell of a lot more stock than that was available since the outset. How many who really wanted one managed to get one last night? Plus it was not an advertised offer. If you didn't use boards.ie or someone who did then you wouldn't know about it. I'd say the profiteers got lots more shavers than we passed on codes for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,195 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Oh wait there is ...

As Chief Wiggum would say, That's some nice work there Lou. You'll make detective for this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

g0g wrote: »
    Sorry to the people who thought they were doing a good deed booking up every one they could find in the country, but just to point out another angle as to why (and maybe others) am against it.....

Part of BA that I like is the satisfaction of getting the deal yourself!Most of the time I don't even need the stuff I see in threads, but it's the challenge of getting them before they're gone! Getting a second-hand code from someone else, whilst it might get me the deal, "cheats" me of the novelty factor of getting something I didn't need for cheap! Most of the time it's not the end of the world if people miss out on these deals as I didn't see tens of people in the requests for over the past weeks looking for cheap electric razors!
    As an avid BA fan, it never bothers me how I get there. It's the getting there that's important;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

I got mine last night thanks to donnacha.
    When I came back home I opened up and saw it was model AT892.
    Did everyone get model PT920 as advertised in original post?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

I got mine last night thanks to donnacha.
    When I came back home I opened up and saw it was model AT892.
    Did everyone get model PT920 as advertised in original post?

I got it (at least I think I did - can you link to the AT892 model), take it back and exchange it. I'm sure there be no issue.

Edit - Here's a link to the AT892 from Amazon and its retail is Stg 99.99 so still a bargain (though I know that's not the point) !!!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-AT892-22-AquaTouch-Electric/dp/B008PPGHPY

Or €110.00 in Argos itself, good deal

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/catalogId/14551/partNumber/4440446.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

Hi, does anyone have another code? Would really appreciate it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 626 ✭✭✭shardylan

Have a code for Blanch that can be used up to 21st that I'm not using .1st pm can have it

Code gone thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

vicwatson wrote: »
    I got it (at least I think I did - can you link to the AT892 model), take it back and exchange it. I'm sure there be no issue.

Edit - Here's a link to the AT892 from Amazon and its retail is Stg 99.99 so still a bargain (though I know that's not the point) !!!

I hope I did not get a bad deal. Not sure where does my AT892 model stand when compared with the PT920 model that was in offer. I opened the box and put it on straight for charging. If I had not opened it I could have taken it back. But I am surprised Argos gave me the wrong model. They took 30minutes to give this box to me and every 5mnts the girl said its coming its coming. Now when I see the box I can see they removed the Argos catalogue number sticker on the box. So I believe they gave me this on purpose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

Bring it back if you were given the wrong product.

Unless you are happy with AT892 .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,397 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Mine is meant to be in store today but haven't received text to confirm it's in...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 930 ✭✭✭robertpatterson

:confused::confused:, what's the suggestion?
    Same user name as the one in the ebay link
    Suggestion is that this person is upselling

once again would appreciate if anyone has a spare code for dublin being tryin for last 2 days since i knew about it to get one ... need one for the father for christmas... thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 5 alc2013

Id appreciate if anyone hase a code for Dublin area.

Thanks guys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,161 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I reserved one in Dundrum and it says it's available to pick up between yesterday and Wednesday. I assumed this was an estimate and they'd email me again when it's actually back in stock. Is that the case or do I need to go down to the store and check if my reservation code will work? I didn't bother giving them my phone number so I won't be getting a text from them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

AT892 looks to be more expensive model. I would say keep it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

I hope I did not get a bad deal. Not sure where does my AT892 model stand when compared with the PT920 model that was in offer. I opened the box and put it on straight for charging. If I had not opened it I could have taken it back. But I am surprised Argos gave me the wrong model. They took 30minutes to give this box to me and every 5mnts the girl said its coming its coming. Now when I see the box I can see they removed the Argos catalogue number sticker on the box. So I believe they gave me this on purpose.

I reckon you got a good deal. AFAIK Argos have a substitution clause in their Ts&Cs and they're unlikely to substitute an inferior product. I've never used a wet and dry shaver but it sounds like the best of both worlds. :)

Capitalism at work. Buy cheap sell dear, no place for sentiment.

does anyone if there will be more codes get giving out or are they gone for sure now ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

bmaxi wrote: »
    Capitalism at work. Buy cheap sell dear, no place for sentiment.

ya, but it goes against the spirit of bargain alerts........he/she is exploiting it for their own selfish means

fryup wrote: »
    ya, but it goes against the spirit of bargain alerts........he/she is exploiting it for their own selfish means

As I said, capitalism has no place for sentiment. Concern for your fellow man is sentiment.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

he's even on adverts.ie (sister site of boards.ie) now thats cheeky

cmon guys any codes for anywhere ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭jj73

Got one in in Blanch today so I have a spare code for Liffey Valley if anyone wants it.

- code taken

Advertisement