Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

H&S risk from storage of wood pellets

• 15-11-2012 11:30am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 107 ✭✭

I thought this would be worth posting , as the drive towards renewables and lower CO2 this is an issue that should be noted.

Since 2002 there had been 9 fatalities after being overcome by carbon monoxide associated with the storage of wood pellets. I have provided a link to the UK HSE Saftey Notice.

It is worth considering that if you have bulk storage of wood pellets or even chips that there is a constant fresh air supply and the installation of a carbon monoxide sensor/s.

http://www.hse.gov.uk/safetybulletins/co-wood-pellets.htm?ebul=hsegen&cr=2/12-nov-12

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 648 ✭✭✭PeteHeat

An incomplete and IMHO an inaccurate document.

Transporting any wood in the hold of a ship has been known to be dangerous for centuries good management is to open the hold and allow it to vent before anyone enters it, they knew that in the days of the tall mast sailing ships why should it change just because the ships are capable of bigger loads and better sealed?

The case in Germany refers to a storage tank of some 155 tonnes of pellet fuel, hardly applicable to the standard 3 tonne bulk store used for domestic boilers, also there is nothing stated that proves the wood pellet caused the C0

The case in Ireland I am not at liberty to comment on as I attended the forensic examination of the tank, the pellets and the boiler.

Maybe like me they can't publish the full facts as the cases are pending before the courts however that is no excuse for publishing information based on rumors.

I can clarify that we did not supply, install, commission or service the Irish system.

Advertisement