Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Xmas Gig - in Aid of the Santa Strilke Force [Bid on a WWE title For Charity!]

Options
  • 15-11-2012 11:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭

Ladies & Gentlemen, Boys & Girls, you are cordially invited to the 5th annual Boards.ie Stand-Up Comedy Night in aid of The Santa Strike Force.

Hope you all can make it along to support the Santa Strike Force and have a Fantabulous Night at the same time!

BOARDS.IE PRESENTS: Now Ye're Laughin: The best of Irish comedy!

When: Saturday the 8th of December
    Where: The Belvedere Hotel, Great Denmark St, Dublin
    Who: The best stand up comedy acts this side of Montreal.

Official Line up to be announced soon!

DEFINITELY.....The best comedy line up in the world!!

Why: to Raise Money for the Santa Strike Force
    How Much: Free!! -> but donations to the SSF welcome

Going to be a brilliant night and for a very very good cause.

The Raffle on the night is always a highlight and this year is no exception, prizes TBA:

Every Penny donated and raised by the Raffle goes to the Santa Strike Force!

There will also be special drinks promotions too, watch this space!

536828_10151505086998238_1108587861_n.jpg

Come see great comedy and help kids in need!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

This year WWE have gone above and beyond with their help and they are providing us with A WWE Championship Title Belt to help with the night!

Their generosity is greratly appreciated and will go a long way!!

AAAAAnYCQCMAAAAAAUIPJQ.jpg?v=1220408387000

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

This year WWE have gone above and beyond with their help and they are providing us with A WWE Championship Title Belt to help with the night!

Their generosity is greratly appreciated and will go a long way!!

AAAAAnYCQCMAAAAAAUIPJQ.jpg?v=1220408387000

Fair play. How did you manage that?

godtabh wrote: »
    Fair play. How did you manage that?

I work alongside WWE so I just appealed to them and they were more than happy to help us! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Who says that global corporations are all take take take and no give? Fair play to the WWE!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Fair play!

• Advertisement

Do ye not think that maybe a €5 cover charge would raise more money for the charity though?!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Do ye not think that maybe a €5 cover charge would raise more money for the charity though?!

We've found that having no cover charge makes people happier to spend their money on raffle tickets. There is also the option for people to throw money in the bucket if they want. This way people are not obliged to pay anything but can pay more or less based on what they can afford/what they see fit.

as well as that we like to put on the best show we can - if people believe we have put on a good show they are more willing to give money, more pressure on us but to date we have raised about €3000 this way! :)

Here is the line up so far (we have two more to be confirmed, so keep an eye on the thread!):

- MC Ruairi Campbell: A veteran of many festivals worldwide including Edinburg, New York & Kilkenny Cat Laughs.

- Neil Hickey: A Bulmers Comedy Award winner and also the man responsible for those twisted Anne & Barry videos.

- John Colleary: Star of The Savage Eye and The Panel.

- Gerry McBride: Author of the awesome 'No Punchline' blog and winner of a TedFest award!

- Robbie Bonham An internationally published cartoonist and winner of 98FM's Best Comedian award.

Galvasean wrote: »
    We've found that having no cover charge makes people happier to spend their money on raffle tickets. There is also the option for people to throw money in the bucket if they want. This way people are not obliged to pay anything but can pay more or less based on what they can afford/what they see fit.
    Good stuff. Great to see John Colleary added to the lineup as well.

• Advertisement

Bck in work today to see the package from WWE arrived - Holy f*ck is it heavy! They actually sent us the deluxe WWE Championship belt worth $446.66 (incl vat)

Good God that is generous! Shipping up to be the best gig ever! :D

So will we be seeing you in your profile picture with the belt hanging over your shoulder then? Or maybe you could get your manager to stand behind you and hold it up in the air, like Paul E. Would be cool to see some snaps of the thing if that's possible man!

I have it at home with the raffle prizes thus far! I will take some pictures later and post them! :)

Good stuff!

Sorry for the delay lads - here she is, in all her shiny glory!! :)

photo4.jpg

and

photo3.jpg

:D

You should totally walk around the place with that on you between now and the gig and then whoever wins it on the night will have to make you tap out to get it away from you.

Delighted to finally announce the 3 extra comedians that complete the bill:

- Marcus Olaoire: Regular on The Republic of Telly and The Savage Eye.

- Gordon Rochford: Founder of Comedy HaHa and star of the hilarious 'Spare Room.

- Greg Marks: "If Ali McCoist, Ricky Gervaise, Brian Cowan all rode Mary Harney, the bastard child of that UNIQUE sex session".

Nice one on gettin Marcus!

Each year one of the highlights of the night is the raffle and this year is no exception, you could win one of these amazing prizes including:

Ukulélé
    Transforming Postman Pat
    Elizabeth Arden "splendor" perfume
    Luxury "L'Occitane En Provence" bath & shower kit
    Hypnose Senses by Lancome Perfume kit
    Meal for 2 voucher for Seagrass restaraunt Portobello
    TGI Fridays meal voucher
    Butlers Chocolates Presentation Box
    Sweet Treats Brownie Bites Maker
    Food Hamper
    Tin of Roses
    Selection of Alcohol
    Scarf & Glove set
    17" Kermit the Frog plush toy
    Assorted Board Games
    "Fufris" Laughing Monkey
    Bert & Ernie Plush toys
    The Great Dino Race Book
    Plus More.... :)

Raffle tickets €1 each (a line for €5) available on the night or contact either myself of Galvasean!

DSCF0675.jpg

Is that a toy ukelele or is it a real one? (I know there's very little distinction between the two)

• Advertisement

Tis a toy one - but as you said probably not much in the way of difference!!

good_news_everyone.jpg

There will be a free shot for all attendees at the door thanks to the good people at Piranha.

Ah crap. I just noticed the date is actually the 8th. For some reason I had the 9th in my head!

The 8th > The 9th

Well yeah, but it's because Kerbdog are playing in Spirit at the same time as your show!!

Hey guys,

As you all may know WWE gave me a WWE championship belt to help with the Santa strike Force! (Worth $470)

Well I am auctioning it off and if you want to bid now you can - pm me your highest bid and I will go with increments of €10 (so I won't jump straight to your max!)

Every penny goes to the Santa strike force! And I will arrange for collection!!

Dig deep folks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,134 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Hey guys,

As you all may know WWE gave me a WWE championship belt to help with the Santa strike Force! (Worth $470)

Well I am auctioning it off and if you want to bid now you can - pm me your highest bid and I will go with increments of €10 (so I won't jump straight to your max!)

Every penny goes to the Santa strike force! And I will arrange for collection!!

Dig deep folks!!

Any photos/details of the belt handy? Just so we know what we are bidding on :)

If you go into the Santa strike force gig thread there's one there!! (On phone so I can't!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

There are pics in the main Santa Strike Force gig thread :
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056807818

I'll merge this with the main thread tomorrow and change the name.

• Advertisement

I am very confused, was this event not on tonight? I was in Dublin tonight, but came home.

Advertisement