Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BoI Car Loan Application - Can't Process Online

Options
  • 15-11-2012 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭

Hi BoI

Can you please advise as to why after completing a straightforward car loan application online as directed on the BoI website, I receive a phone call two days later saying that my application cannot be processed online and must be dealt with via my local branch?

This is a completely standard loan application, and I have even had a loan from BoI in 2009 which was paid off in full without any late payments etc., and my financial situation at present and in the past is solid.

Not wanting to sound like a bit of a weirdo or anything, but given thedebate we hear about the lengths many banks are supposedly going to at present in order to reduce the number of applications for finance which could be rejected by initially screening and then making it awkward for the applicant to pursue in order to fob them off. I would be an ideal candidate for this type of fobbing off, as I live and work in Dublin, but my local branch from my younger years is in Galway. I'm not going to take a day off work to fill out a loan application and to then be rejected.

I would be grateful if you could shed some light on this for me.

Many thanks,

David

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi David,

Thanks for your post.

Loan applications are based on individual circumstances.
    We do not have access to account information so would not know the specifics of your application. Rather than visiting your account holding branch, I would advise calling and speaking with a Lending Advisor who should be able to help.

Thanks

Billy

Advertisement