Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What would you like to see in a GTAV DLC?

• 15-11-2012 12:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,320 ✭✭✭✭

Even though none has been announced, if there was any GTAV DLC, what would you like it to be?

What type of DLC would you want? 81 votes

More missions for each character
    0%
    New story with a new character in Los Santos
    19%
    Mc LoveNailzBig KnoxLone StoneScumLordjohnnykilodeath1234567PennGlico ManWashington IrvingbeefjerkySaarongnfnrheadwnolan1992SureYWouldntYaahnowbrowncow 16 votes
    New location or towns
    25%
    BlistermanMc LovesinkNailzLone Stonedave1982ScumLordjohnnykiloHogzyNuri Sahinbluestripe93Glico ManZero-CoolSaaronCreamsodapedatronwnolan1992Mister JinglesIncognitoManShaneMc2012 21 votes
    'Undead Nightmare'-type DLC with zombies or something
    29%
    BlistermanMc LoveNailzLiam90Big KnoxjohnnykiloHogzyWoollyRedHatThefirestarterdonvito99CMpunkedNuri SahinGlico ManRedzer7Washington IrvingDelta_Raven1SaaronCreamsodaWard670pedatron 24 votes
    Other (specify)
    24%
    the_sycobohsmanPlugNailzphill106Lone StoneScumLordjohnnykiloHavoNuri SahinPennSaaronBloodwingahyeahokgnfnrheadpedatronJohnMarstonsolarithahnowbrowncowLight Switch 20 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭death1234567

New story with a new character in Los Santos
    Prediction: There definitely will be DLC in some form for GTA V.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Some story that lets us go back to Vice City in HD where we own all the things.

For the swag like

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 870 ✭✭✭pedatron

Other (specify)
    Play a character you cross in GTAV that maybe has to travel to a new part of Los Santos. I think new areas of Los Santos are essential in DLC!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

I would like new location and new character(One based on Cesar from SA) pedatron a problem for me with that is why would this Los Santos area suddenly become available? And what could they add really? I don't know how much effort goes into DLC, could DLC be technically a whole new map?

If you DL new character though the game should overlap with the old characters, I didn't play the DLC for IV did this happen?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,320 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Other (specify)
    EdenHazard wrote: »
    If you DL new character though the game should overlap with the old characters, I didn't play the DLC for IV did this happen?

Yeah, the three characters met up during different missions in different combinations, or the actions of one caused problems for another. It was actually really well done.

This mission involved all three. At 4:13 in the video, Niko meets up with Johnny from The Lost and Damned. About a minute later, the meeting is interrupted by Luis from Ballad of Gay Tony. So each had their own missions leading up to that and after that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭solarith

Other (specify)
    I liked Undead Nightmare, it was a simple and cheap addition which totally changed the gameplay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Other (specify)
    Three characters would be enough so I think extra missions that can be done by any character to allow you to continue with your favourite when you finish the main story.

Would also like to see something completely different ala Undead Nightmare, but not zombies. That would be too similar. Something like that though that gives the game a whole new look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭wendell borton

Don't want a dlc just make the original release well and then get yer asses into gear for bringing out a new vice city.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,320 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Other (specify)
    solarith wrote: »
    I liked Undead Nightmare, it was a simple and cheap addition which totally changed the gameplay.

I think with some of the weapons and activities GTAV will have, plus cars and stuff, it could actually be great fun. Just hopping in a big jeep and mowing them down (as they're all over the streets). And with the GTA brand of humour they could make it really entertaining too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

Other (specify)
    28996355.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 870 ✭✭✭pedatron

Other (specify)
    I would like new location and new character(One based on Cesar from SA) pedatron a problem for me with that is why would this Los Santos area suddenly become available? And what could they add really? I don't know how much effort goes into DLC, could DLC be technically a whole new map?

Yeah. I'd say the DLC will definitely be based on the original map. Adding new parts will probably upset the balance of the game to be fair. It'd also be like starting a new game whereas they can just throw new missions and characters with relative ease I would say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

'Undead Nightmare'-type DLC with zombies or something
    If there's a zombie based DLC I'm going to run over my game disc, burn it, then throw into the ocean. It's so overdone in games, films, TV. When I become Supreme Emperor of the World I shall ban all zombie related everything

I'd like some new locations, nothing major, just some countryside towns or something where you can access new missions for the existing characters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Other (specify)
    Undead nightmare for me. I thought it was a great laugh in RDR. Imagine running zombies off the top of mount chilliad and watch them go splat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

New location or towns
    Anything but zombies.

Sorry, just not my cup of tea.

It's hard to say without having played the game, but maybe some extra missions which go into deep detail on the characters' backgrounds would be nice, maybe flashback missions to the 80's when Michael and Trevor were young. Could allow for some homages to SA.

Or, some missions where you play as Michael's son would be a possibility, even though it's very RDR.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

By the looks of it Michael's son to me will be the obnoxious douchebag you wanna see dead, not the kinda guy you wanna play as! I'm sure we'll be introduced to some outside character who will be cool to play with!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

New location or towns
    By the looks of it Michael's son to me will be the obnoxious douchebag you wanna see dead, not the kinda guy you wanna play as! I'm sure we'll be introduced to some outside character who will be cool to play with!

Opinion noted.

I'll wait until I play the game to make that judgement though. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Other (specify)
    Having to spread the zombie infection whilst there is a 5 star wanted level, trigger happy cops and the military blocks all the bridges.

Also, as you're a zombie, the screen is hazy and greenish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Other (specify)
    A DLC with ****loads of zombies obviously. If they could do one that just put massive, massive hordes in the city. No super zombies that spit goo or run or any of that nonsense just thousands of zombies and all you have to do is make it out of the city.

Advertisement