Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sky

• 15-11-2012 12:28pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭

Ive had enough of their shít. I turned on SSN at 11 to see the highlights of the England match last night and not even a mention, the only way you'd know there was even a match on last night was through the text at the bottom, 2 sentences!

You can guarantee that if Welbeck had scored 4 last night in a 4-2 victory then it would be rolling all hour every hour and they would have countless "Experts" saying how world class Welbeck was and that England must now be favourites for the World Cup.

Comments

Only cause the game was on UTV and not Sky they are always poor when it comes to games that they are not showing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭death1234567

SSN is just a propaganda network for Sky to promote their own programming. If its not live on sky then they don't give a ****, its just a 24 hour ad for SkySports not a news channel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Meh factor five captain!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

You watch SSN for the news???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

So annoying

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

You should never watch another thing on their channels in protest imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,789 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Melion wrote: »
    Ive had enough of their shít. I turned on SSN at 11 to see the highlights of the England match last night and not even a mention, the only way you'd know there was even a match on last night was through the text at the bottom, 2 sentences!

You can guarantee that if Welbeck had scored 4 last night in a 4-2 victory then it would be rolling all hour every hour and they would have countless "Experts" saying how world class Welbeck was and that England must now be favourites for the World Cup.
    Have you had enough of them pumping money into the club you support?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭Corvo

Their coverage is miles ahead of Setanta and Espn

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

padd b1975 wrote: »

You win!! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Not really relevant to the point he was making is it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Ive had enough of their shít. I turned on SSN at 11 to see the highlights of the England match last night and not even a mention,

Why would you tune into a channel who don't have the rights to the highlights you want to watch? :confused:

Not really relevant to the point he was making is it?

So "their sh1t" does not include money?

Cool beans man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Moist Bread

You guys would bicker over anything.

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Why would you tune into a channel who don't have the rights to the highlights you want to watch? :confused:

Because according to their Twatter this morning they were showing highlights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Blame Ferguson sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

You guys would bicker over anything.

No we wouldn't :mad:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Sky sports is hard to watch unless its match day and teams are playing, even then I try to avoid at all costs.

Blame Ferguson sure.

Why would i do that :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,287 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Their coverage is miles ahead of Setanta and Espn
    ESPN Press Pass beats anything analysis wise that Sky do on a daily basis.

Because according to their Twatter this morning they were showing highlights.

Just checked. Their twitter does say they would have action from the friendlies (which I presume they did for the ones they have rights to) including the Ibrahimovic strike which I assume in reality they just mentioned.

You're right that they shouldn't be mis-selling their product but if Welbeck had scored that goal then they still couldn't have showed it. It's not the English media conspiracy that you seem to want it to be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Why would i do that :confused:
    Well you blame him for few things and yet again picked United player for no reason. But continue on.

Well you blame him for few things and yet again picked United player for no reason. But continue on.

What the hell did i blame on Ferguson now?

And i picked Welbeck because he was playing as the England striker last night :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Regardless of whether or not they had the rights to show the goals at that stage, the whole premise of 'they only discuss England when England win' is laughably wrong.

Theres nothing the English media, inc Sky, love more than a disastrous England performance. It can be analyzed at every level with irate phone-ins and rent-a-quote experts before deciding that the solution lies somewhere between becoming a cerebreal footballing outfit like Spain, preferably overnight, or retreating back to basics and playing 4-4-2 with a man motivator like Keegan in charge because the foreigners don't like it up 'em.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

The can't show highlights to an England game they didn't have rights to?

AdamD wrote: »
    The can't show highlights to an England game they didn't have rights to?
    But strangly Sky news can...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

You may be sick of it, but are you actually going to stop watching Sky?

IvySlayer wrote: »
    You may be sick of it, but are you actually going to stop watching Sky?

I dont have Sky Sports or movies anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

I wonder at what point will the hatred of Sky become so hipster that it will swing all the way around full circle so watching La Liga and the Bundesliga will be what sees you looked down upon for only watching mainstream football.

I dont have Sky Sports or movies anyway.

I do have them and I love it. Get ESPN for free too.

I don't watch SSN though. Don't watch it if bothers you. Sky overhype everything.

• Advertisement

But strangly Sky news can...

Sky News are a news broadcaster. Sky Sports News are an advert for Sky Sports. The rights involved are different.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Wimbledon. Every year it gets two minutes at the end of the hour on Sky. They don't spend much time talking about stuff they don't have the rights to.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Wimbledon. Every year it gets two minutes at the end of the hour on Sky. They don't spend much time talking about stuff they don't have the rights to.

They do spend a lot of time talking about cricket though :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭Brain Stroking

Funniest was the very first night of Sky's Champions League coverage a few years ago began with Richard Keys saying "This is the big one". Yet Keys had been presenting Premier League football for about 15 years at that stage and hadnt mentioned the Champions League once!

It is a corporation owned by Rupert Murdoch, an unscrupulous snake. Caveat emptor. Dont let it bother you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Well, the last time a group of english youths got done like that, the BBC pretended it didnt happen, perhaps Sky were doing similar?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I don't like to defend Sky but I don't get the problem. I turned on to SSN last night and also this afternoon and they did a recap of all the international games. They are even today showing Ibra's goal which meant they presumably had to get permission from ITV (paid them for it possibly?). I also saw Scotland's goals which was a game originally shown on ESPN.

• Advertisement
Advertisement