Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How Many Times Can Potential Jurors Be Called Back For Selection?

• 15-11-2012 1:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭

I'm just curious about this. I was called for jury service on Wednesday, showed up and wasn't selected. The remaining potential jurors were asked to return today and a second group was chosen for a second case. Again, I wasn't called. The rest of us were dismissed and asked to return for selection for a third time next Tuesday.

I may be selected when Tuesday comes, but if not, can/will I be called for selection again? How many times is a group of potential jurors expected to return for selection usually, before the next group is summoned?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Fish Bloke wrote: »
    I'm just curious about this. I was called for jury service on Wednesday, showed up and wasn't selected. The remaining potential jurors were asked to return today and a second group was chosen for a second case. Again, I wasn't called. The rest of us were dismissed and asked to return for selection for a third time next Tuesday.

I may be selected when Tuesday comes, but if not, can/will I be called for selection again? How many times is a group of potential jurors expected to return for selection usually, before the next group is summoned?

Honestly I think it is any number of times within one week which if right then Tuesday would be your last time.

That said I am not certain about it

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Fish Bloke

That's great Ciarán, thanks. I hope you're right!

Advertisement