Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Double dip EU recession will ECB reduce Interest rate?

Options
  • 15-11-2012 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭

Noting that Europe is now offically in a double dip recession, i'm wondering if the ECB will reduce their interest rate there by reducing the cost of trackers again.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭rameire

yes.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

The only reason the ECB changes its rates is to influence mortgage tracker products in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

snubbleste wrote: »
    The only reason the ECB changes its rates is to influence mortgage tracker products in Ireland.

I get what your trying to say. But the question doesn't imply that was my opinion. ECB use the rate to spur growth in the European Economy and also more importantly to keep inflation under control. Inflation is less that 3% the economy is stalled so that was the point I was making. If the rate goes down of course this helps trackers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Noting that Europe is not offically in a double dip recession, i'm wondering if the ECB will reduce their interest rate there by reducing the cost of trackers again.

Hope not, I'm starting to get a bit sick and tired of subsidising other peoples mortgages.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

Anyone wrote: »
    Hope not, I'm starting to get a bit sick and tired of subsidising other peoples mortgages.

The tide goes both ways. You just got to roll with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,382 ✭✭✭Tow

Anyone wrote: »

I better not tell you my tracker rate ;)

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭kkelliher

Tow wrote: »
    I better not tell you my tracker rate ;)

Ditto, but I just did my tax return so I dont for a second believe that anyone is subsidising or paying for me......... we all pay one way or another

Advertisement