Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

strandhill surf today

Options
  • 15-11-2012 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭

can anyone tell me whats the surf like,,,for some reason i can get the standhill surf cam to work on my computer

main beach please

thanks

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,239 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I'm not a regular around there so wouldn't really know what the best conditions are for it.

Have a read of the second post in this thread though:http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055828999

If you get your head around what xxyyzz is saying there you should be able to have a good idea of what it will be like without the need for a webcam ever again. Once you know a spot and how the varying wind/swell/tide effects it your garaunteed to never have a wasted journey. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Ronnie Beck

http://www.windguru.cz/int/index.php?sc=47721

Big swell and light crossshore winds turning more onshore.

Enniscrone or streedagh would work better under those conditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

Ring the surf shop, or check out the enniscrone webcam

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭sanbrafyffe

really just want to know if there is much of a surf on it and is it fast etc,,what do i have to do to get the webcam to work on laptop,,,can anyone send me a pic of todays surf

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭rodento

The cam should work

http://www.strandhillsurfschool.com/page/main_beach

What computer are you using and are you accessing the net through wifi

• Advertisement

rodento wrote: »
    The cam should work

http://www.strandhillsurfschool.com/page/main_beach

What computer are you using and are you accessing the net through wifi

im using a laptop...acer aspire 5733 and im using eircom wireless

• Registered Users Posts: 3,987 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

Sorry but you get people asking is the surf good on Tuesday next all the time because they can't be bothered to learn a small bit about forecasting and make their own decissions. It kind of kills the buzz around here my take on it is that from now on I'm going to tell them it's epic after they was time and money driving to crap surf they will get the message

how bout you worry bout your sufing conditions and ill worry about mine,,,,cheers

Sorry but you get people asking is the surf good on Tuesday next all the time because they can't be bothered to learn a small bit about forecasting and make their own decissions. It kind of kills the buzz around here my take on it is that from now on I'm going to tell them it's epic after they was time and money driving to crap surf they will get the message

thank you all to the others,,,i had install something for the webcam to work,,,appreciate your replies

regards,,,,b

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭rodento

how bout you worry bout your sufing conditions and ill worry about mine,,,,cheers

Class reply:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭promethius

as far as i know it was a bit crap.

i surfed one of the northern reefs in the morning and the size suggested strandhill wouldn't be able to hold anything clean. the surfcam was working for me no issues.

it's not been great out there since a good bit of sand moved back onto the beach. it was epic a year ago when all the sand was sucked out but a big issue for non surfers and local business. there's supposed to be some resources freed up to do some protection works out there according to local papers. i hope they don't make a mess of it but previous works don't inspire me with confidence.

Advertisement