Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stereo system with Sleep timer & alarm

• 15-11-2012 1:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭

I used to have a nice multifunction system with multi disc player, twin tape deck, radio, digital display, good speakers. was sizeable enough for what you can get nowadays. it was an Avia (I think that was the name - as far as I remember they were some offshoot of Sony).

The great thing about it was you could set the time, so when it was off, the time would show. It was my bedroom clock. But you could also set it as an alarm, so I would wake up to the radio. or CD or even tape, depending on whichever function was running when it was turned off. I used to go to bed and hit the sleep timer on it which you could set from 10 mins to about 2 hours (like you can with most tv's). It had a big round button with a red LED indicator for the volume and looked so cool in the dark when you turned it up or down with the remote, the button would actually turn!

So it is gone now a while and I have been looking for a replacement for some time now but can't find anything with the time, alarm and sleep functions. Can anybody recomend something that would have these functions?

I would be looking for something obviously nowadays that has a dock to plug my iPod into, and maybe even a hard drive. Would be great if it had Wi-Fi to hook up to my router so I could play internet Radio, but not necessary. I don't mind if there is no CD player, but it would be nice to have as I am real lazy when it comes to uploading to my iPod. I don't need a tape deck let alone 2, but won't complain about it if it has all the other features. The speaker can be inbuilt into the unit itself, though it would be nice to put them in the oposite corners of the bedroom.

With Chrimbo approaching the missus keeps asking what I would like so if anyone can recomend something to answer my search, I would love to help her part with her cash :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Bump... can anyone help me out?

Advertisement