Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shadow Warrior on GoG, who wanta some Wang!

• 15-11-2012 2:07pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,560 CMod ✭✭✭✭

http://www.gog.com/gamecard/shadow_warrior_complete

By far and away the best Build engine FPS game. Can't wait to play this again and it comes with two expansions I never realised existed.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

there is no way this game is better than one unit whole blood.. just no way, although it has been on my "hrm, i should really get this" list for a while

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,560 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

there is no way this game is better than one unit whole blood.. just no way, although it has been on my "hrm, i should really get this" list for a while

It's a close call but I think Shadow Warrior is much better. Blood falls into Duke Nukem 3D territory where after the shareware episode the jokes and polish dry up, although in Bloods case the level design remains top notch where it takes a nose dive in DN3D. Shadow Warrior keeps the same high quality the whole way through with some excellent level design (although I don't think that train level in Blood will ever be topped).

I'll throw some money on the card next week so and finally pick it up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

I've always wanted to play this, but it was never released for anything that I played on (at least not to my knowledge).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I recently went through the whole Blood pack and while it's a great game, the dark humour present in the shareware version practically vanishes.

This, though, I haven't played in years. Used to blue screen my Windows 98 machine at certain parts.

Will pick this one up for a larf, I loved the katana weapon and slicing enemies up. It's the only Build game I haven't played beyond the shareware.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

It's definitely not as good as Duke3D or Blood (the best build game :pac:)

I'll probably pick this up despite owning a boxed copy of it so thanks for the heads up all the same Retr0gamer, even though you're wrong :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,560 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I don't know, Dukes first episode was gold but the second one wasn't great and the third while better didn't live up to the first episode. I'll take Blood and Shadow Warrior over Duke any day, although that first episode is well worth playing.

bought shadow warrior a few minutes ago

it looks amazingly terrible on my monitor (2560x1440p)

I do have a smaller 20 inch I plug in when I'm watching a starcraft tournament so I might rearrange my desk to put that one in front of me while I play SW... couldn't do it on the main one

also, right click mouse to strafe... jesus christ the nostalgia

You can configure the controls to more modern mouse look controls, it's how I used to play build engine games and still do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    You can configure the controls to more modern mouse look controls, it's how I used to play build engine games and still do.

Back in the day when people thought you were a weirdo for using WASD as opposed to the arrow keys :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement