Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sonic & All Star Racing Transformed

• 15-11-2012 3:24pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,560 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone else looking forward to this? It's made by Sumo Digital who made the awesome Outrun 2 ports and the original was very unfairly ignored since in my opinion it was a mario kart beater. This one looks even better. It's full of Sega fan service as well, it's like a Sega racing version of Smash Bros:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Ign gave it a 8.6/10

Cant bloody wait to be hazuki again :D

amazon just posted mine 36 euro 50 in gamestop lol

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Anyone else looking forward to this? It's made by Sumo Digital who made the awesome Outrun 2 ports and the original was very unfairly ignored since in my opinion it was a mario kart beater. This one looks even better. It's full of Sega fan service as well, it's like a Sega racing version of Smash Bros:

Completely agree. It's great to see something other than just a Mario Kart clone circulating, it's much better than most of Mario's recent outings. The level design in All Stars was colourful, imaginative and well thought out, Mario Kart seems tacky in comparison. Will definitely picking this up on 360 and PC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

The first one was a great laugh playing splitscreen, we still throw it on now and again when we get a few mates together. Definitely more fun than the past few Mario Kart games

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

Vyse as a playable character? Count me in:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,341 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Sold. Only issue now is whether to get it on the Xbox or Vita.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-11-16-sonic-all-stars-racing-transformed-review

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,560 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

For the last game the DS version was completely different and actually much better than the console version. I think the 3DS version will be different as well, can anyone confirm and are there reviews for it yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

a dreamcast controller as a jetboat? I like it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

This is ridiculous fun and challenging.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

Hmm, this hasn't been on my radar at all but after just finishing Rayman Origins, I'm in the market for a family friendly game. This looks like great fun

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

DAYTONA! lets fly away

Im sold

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

Yeah. Gonna get this. Daughter (just turned 6) liked the first one and plays a fair bit of Mario Kart on Wii & 3DS. Will get this for 360 or PS3. Anyone know best place to get it ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

brianon wrote: »
    Yeah. Gonna get this. Daughter (just turned 6) liked the first one and plays a fair bit of Mario Kart on Wii & 3DS. Will get this for 360 or PS3. Anyone know best place to get it ?

You'd probably get the first one fairly cheap if it's only for a 6 year old.

Have the first one. She is 6 but I am 37 and I want the new one :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

brianon wrote: »

I'm going to pick it up off amazon. £24.99 on ps3 and 360. Not too bad.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Apparently the PC version is getting TF2 characters also :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

HMV are selling both Xbox and PS3 versions for €35 each, Smyths are €39.99 each, the vita version is out the first week of December.
    3DS is out in Februrary.

HMV are selling both Xbox and PS3 versions for €35 each, Smyths are €39.99 each, the vita version is out the first week of December.
    3DS is out in Februrary.

Now why'd you have to go and tell me that. Do you know how much I've already spent this month on games. Have some consideration why don't ya ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

3DS is out in Februrary.

Good news. My stupid impulse buy of BLOPS2 may be put right as I'm sure the trade in value is very good and could go towards this.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,560 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Phantasy Star needs to win, the lack of phantasy star is a sore omission.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,542 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Picked this up today and it's a lot of fun. I think the words 'Mario Kart beater' should be used with caution - the basic mechanics (drifting, handling, weapons) definitely aren't as tightly honed as Nintendo offer. The flying is integrated more fully than it was in MK7, but it feels a tad loose and awkward in its current form. However, the tracks are much more varied and surprising - definitely taking a cue from Split/Second and the like. Similarly, chock full of more fan service than your average anime production! Nice variety of characters, even if the last one I unlocked was Shadow the frickin' Hedgehog :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Wtf where they thinking of not putting ryo hazuki in the sequel , do they even know sega fans :confused:

Anyways despite no ps character i vote for axel from streets of rage , put that badass in a police car i be ****ing happy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

While a nice set of characters (Welkin in the Edlweiss would be brilliant), my main vote has to go to Segata Sanshiro.

Toejam & Earl OH MY GOD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

The whole time I was playing the game I kept thinking "I wish there was a Streets of Rage character or stage". You can guess my picks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,341 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

It's a lot of fun. Only spent an hour with it so far but I'm really enjoying it - especially online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,542 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

It's true, if dramatically exaggerated a bit. It can be relatively punishing. I'm playing on medium and checkpoint races and the like usually only offer you a second or two leeway. The levels where you have to beat lap times are particularly demanding - mistakes are pretty much fatal. Many of the unlockable characters are already hidden behind massive star demands - oftentimes double the number I've collected. Mods help if you're looking for sheer speed, and drifting is a must. The Burning Rangers level, with it's small corridors and tight corners, has proven to be the most challenging course yet.

I don't mind a challenge - although I did try and start with A grade racing and was pretty much instantaneously relegated down a peg. It's fun, but it's definitely requires some commitment and skill to get the most out of it. Makes Mario Kart 150CC look like a walk in the park.

Advertisement