Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sonic & All Star Racing Transformed

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Following all your positive feedback, a demo play and having not played a kart game in a while I ordered this before Xmas and it arrived this morning. Just loading it up now. The Xmas that just keeps giving. I have officially got waaaaaaaay too many games to play right now.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

PC release in just over 2 weeks. Only 22 euro a pop. Or a 4 pack for 67 euro, works out at just under 17 euro each. Bargain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

It's true, if dramatically exaggerated a bit. It can be relatively punishing. I'm playing on medium and checkpoint races and the like usually only offer you a second or two leeway. The levels where you have to beat lap times are particularly demanding - mistakes are pretty much fatal. Many of the unlockable characters are already hidden behind massive star demands - oftentimes double the number I've collected. Mods help if you're looking for sheer speed, and drifting is a must. The Burning Rangers level, with it's small corridors and tight corners, has proven to be the most challenging course yet.

I don't mind a challenge - although I did try and start with A grade racing and was pretty much instantaneously relegated down a peg. It's fun, but it's definitely requires some commitment and skill to get the most out of it. Makes Mario Kart 150CC look like a walk in the park.

Agreed, while I am enjoying the game it is immensly hard (for a non-racer like myself). Typically, for other racers, I can usually come 1st in the 1st couple of races but not a chance here. Haven't managed better than 3rd in any race which makes it highly unlikely that I'll be able to unlock a lot of the characters:(

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Picked this up, as said it's very tough, but fun and addictive. I love the drift challenge and the beat a different racer each lap mode. I hate the ring challenge cos if you hit any bit of scenery it's all over, no matter how much time is left.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

Don't know whether to pick this up on Wii U or PC, I have to choose between splitscreen or saving a few quid, anyone else have the same problem?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Don't know whether to pick this up on Wii U or PC, I have to choose between splitscreen or saving a few quid, anyone else have the same problem?

It's splitscreen on PC as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

If you're doing local multiplayer on the WiiU then you can have four on your tv and one on the tablet controller thing (if you do two player, one gets the tablet and one gets the whole tv).
    Don't know what local multiplayer is like on the PC, presumably maximum of four.

Game was released today on PC and included bonus characters. Most people on the Steam and Sega forums universally praising the framerates and netcode (seems better than online console counterpart)

And indeed the PC supports 4 player splitscreen. Also if anyone has Windows 8 and a tablet, the game supports touch and tilt play. Some reviewers have re-reviewed the game and agree that the PC version is the best of the lot.

I had little time to play it but I had some issues that were sorted after a trip to the Sega forums. After that it was great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

mystic86 wrote: »

Oh no! The game is hard! Run away!

Awful stuff from Kotaku, S&SART is a wonderful game.

Advertisement