Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NAMA Properties

• 15-11-2012 3:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,228 ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone know somewhere I can search to find if a property is owned by NAMA?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

nama.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

Why do NAMA properties not seem to be much cheaper than market rate properties?

Their job is to get as much money back for the tax payer as possible.

If they were selling below market rates they would be doing a very bad job.

Fair enough. There seems to be some kind of belief that there's bargains available - but not so much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,045 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Rasmus wrote: »
    Fair enough. There seems to be some kind of belief that there's bargains available - but not so much.

There is bargains available. if you are a property developer and want to buy 160 apartments or a whole retail street.

• Advertisement

Rasmus wrote: »

Yeah -well, not unless you work in NAMA.

When they go at auction you might get something at a good price.

listermint wrote: »
    There is bargains available. if you are a property developer and want to buy 160 apartments or a whole retail street.

Sure. I'm talking about individual dwellings though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭Villa05

By the time nama get the finger out allsop will have all the cash hovered up. Come 2016, we will allget an apartment in ballybackwards to celebrate 100 years of the banama republic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,228 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I think Nama are unrealistic about pricing....an apartment I looked at was going for 130k....the apartment beside it sold for 110k a few months back.

Is it also true nama own a huge amount of the apartments in the square in smithfield?

gmisk wrote: »
    I think Nama are unrealistic about pricing....an apartment I looked at was going for 130k....the apartment beside it sold for 110k a few months back.

Is it also true nama own a huge amount of the apartments in the square in smithfield?

Maybe, if 'Aran Quay Terrace, Dublin 1' (listed on Nama site) is the site you are talking about in Smithfield.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Bigus

Asking 130 so what did you offer ? Do you think they are going to get the full asking price every time ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,228 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I offered 120 and it was rejected....they said it would only be sold at 130.....so yeah obviously nama do....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Bigus

I offered 120 and it was rejected....they said it would only be sold at 130.....so yeah obviously nama do....

Fair enough so :eek: apologies

Civil servant mentality on their part.

Advertisement