Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Identify this smallbore pistol?

• 15-11-2012 3:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭

Reading through the recent threads on entry-level .22lr pistols got me thinking about the first one I ever fired, and I went digging back through the old photos; but this was in East Antrim back in 2000 and the photos aren't the best in the world and for the life of me, I can't remember what kind of pistol it was and I just don't recognise it from the photos:

228704.jpg

228705.jpg

I thought it might have been a Unique DES69 with a forward weight, but the back of the slide doesn't match at all. Anyone recognise it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 psf32

was it a top loader if so looks a bit like a FAS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

I seem to remember it being a bottom loader with a magazine in the pistol grip; and the front doesn't look like the FAS's:
    0_FAS-008-FAS-DOMINO-SP602....jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Mr.Flibble

DES 69U

Mr.Flibble wrote: »
    DES 69U
    It really does look like one, doesn't it? Did they change the shape of the pistol just in front of the rearsight between the 69 and the 69U?

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Mr.Flibble

Sparks wrote: »
    It really does look like one, doesn't it? Did they change the shape of the pistol just in front of the rearsight between the 69 and the 69U?

Not fundamentally, but the proportions of the parts are changed enough to make it look a little bit different.

• Advertisement

Thanks Fibble, that's a loose end tied up nicely...

Advertisement