Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vegan Christmas Dinner

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

I've actually changed my mind from mushroom mousse (which I tried and it didn't turn out great) to mushroom parcels.
    1 grilled flat mushroom, topped with a "mushroom stuffing" (=fried onions, fried field mushrooms, a little bit of white wine and cream reduced to a thick sauce and turned into stuffing by adding some bread crumbs, seasoned with parsley and sage), then topped with another grilled flat mushroom, with a ribbon of puff pastry around and baked.

Simple, and it looks and tastes amazing. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭folamh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

How did everyone's go? Mine went down a storm with my meat-eating family. I made a post in the "what did you have for dinner last night' thread: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=82394533&postcount=1055

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Staff Infection

I'm planning on making this, which is completely vegan if you get the JusRoll pastry and Linda McCartney sausages.

It's delicious, and so so easy to make, but much better if you can make it fresh and serve it straight from the oven. It's still lovely for the next day, but a bit drier.

Made something inspired by this after seeing it in this thread. Can't thank Raminahobbin enough was great altogether. Made a few changes from the recipe.
    Basically I grilled the Linda Sausages in a pie dish then broke them up with a spoon. Then I put oil in a pot with two cloves of garlic sautéed a well chopped leek and a pack of mushrooms. Once they were cooked I added about half a bottle of ale and brought to a boil. Finally I added bit by bit some pre cooked roux until a nice gravy was formed. Topped with some JusRoll pastry made it look pretty decent and lobbed it in an oven for 40 minutes. Lovely jubley, had it with all the usual sides. Some of my meat eating family tried some and enjoyed it also.

Then had some cheery cobbler and attacked the christmas pudding :)

Advertisement