Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog Park in Millennium Park

• 15-11-2012 4:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭

Hi All,

Anyone know if this is open and if it's a fenced off area? Many dogs there at any one time?

Would love to bring my guy down during the weekend if I thought it was save and he'd have some other dogs to play with. Thank you :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Mileybichon

Anyone know of any dog parks in North Dublin, I live in Balbriggan?
    I've heard there is one in Marley Park and Milennium park and St annes but they're a bit far away for me.
    I've a five month old Yorkie/bichon mix and i'd love to bring her somewhere safe where i could let her off the lead and she could meet other dogs
    Any suggestions?/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Inexile

Millenium Park - is that the one in Coolmine/Blanch. My sister brought her dog there and let him off. She set it was great as it was fenced in and there were no other dogs there when she went. Apparently there are tunnels and things too for the dogs to run through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Oh were abouts is it in the park - we'll have to check it out! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭nemo32

Oh maybe it's open now, excited!!! Someone posted the other day that it was still under construction.

Inexile,

When was your sister there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Inexile

Nemo - my sister was there about 2 maybe 3 weeks ago. She was delighted her dog hasnt got great recall so it was great to find somewhere she could let him off for a run and not worry about him - mind you if the place was busy she mightnt let him off either.

TK123 - Its at the back of the Blanchardstown Centre - not exactly sure where but it somewhere that runs from the back of the Renault Garage on the Coolmine Road up to towards Whitestown/Blakestown.

Sorry used to live up that way but cant remember road names anymore

• Advertisement

Thanks inexile,

I will wander up there over the weekend and see what's it like :D
    Yeah if it's it's too busy I'd be a bit wary of letting my fella off the lead but if I go up early I hope it will be safe enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭juniord

there is a dog park in griffeen park in lucan now also

TK123, Did I see you walking up there on Sunday?
    I drove by and could see the dog parks (looks like there are 2 separate ones) but they had big pad locks on the gates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

nemo32 wrote: »
    TK123, Did I see you walking up there on Sunday?
    I drove by and could see the dog parks (looks like there are 2 separate ones) but they had big pad locks on the gates.

No haven't gone over yet!

tk123 wrote: »
    No haven't gone over yet!

Ah must have been someone else with a retriever. Pity they didn't open the park in the summer..not that the dogs would mind running around in the mud ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭stevekavo

I went up on sunday morning around 10 and both gates where padlocked. I was looking forward to seeing my boxer run amok in the tunnels.

Does anyone know if this was a once off being closed?

So there was no signs on the gates? I was presuming it was because of the wet weather but maybe there's times it's open and closed.
    Looked good didn't it?

It looked great.Just a pity there was no signs indicating why it was closed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Assassins Creed

last post is November and still i see the padlocks on the gates. Anyone got any updates.

It is still all locked up. Haven't seen it open yet. I wonder what the delay is?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 taxi29

its been closed for a good while now i have a 8 month old doberman and cant wait to get him in there so he can have a good run around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭are you serious

taxi29 wrote: »
    its been closed for a good while now i have a 8 month old doberman and cant wait to get him in there so he can have a good run around.

Sorry to be a kill joy but you wont be allowed to have him off leash in there! :(

ah i though cause it was was closed off and he had a muzzel on him it was ok to let him off his lead in there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭are you serious

taxi29 wrote: »
    ah i though cause it was was closed off and he had a muzzel on him it was ok to let him off his lead in there

Yeah it would be great if you could have them off lead! The RB list is a farce and because of it some great dogs are not allowed off lead and some little terrors are!

I have been up in millenium park myslef with my 2 dogs before and had them both off lead but I kept in nearer the forest and it was midweek during the day, the park was empty. I hear the park warden is a nightmare there, havnt met him though.

yea i no its a joke. my doberman would lick you to death lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Farmlife

got up here today with my rottweiler puppy and he had a great day, sleeping away now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭dmm82

Hi so is this park open now?

Advertisement