Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WTF!!!! Seriously like?? Some ad here

Options
  • 15-11-2012 4:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭

This is a work PC, so I would like not to get this advert on it
    in fact
    I would love not to EVER get it!!

228707.JPG
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Treha

Mature people need love too.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Aren't ads somehow related to your google searches? Just saying...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,312 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I wonder if they keyword triggering it is "regrets"....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

LizT wrote: »
    Aren't ads somehow related to your google searches? Just saying...

not considering this is a work laptop ha.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

not considering this is a work laptop ha.

What have your colleagues been looking up then? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,437 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Maybe you should do some work and get off boards, slacker!!!
    :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

If you see inappropriate ads then save the url they link to and drop Dav or Nicola a pm about it and they can block them.

Boards is PG13 so shouldn't be serving these but some of them seem to get through. :)

Edit: see here - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056808088

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

*re-enables ads*

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Complaining about advert content on boards when browsing on work equipment...browsing boards.ie on work equipment.

Yep it makes sense to me

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Cabaal wrote: »
    Complaining about advert content on boards when browsing on work equipment...browsing boards.ie on work equipment.

Yep it makes sense to me
    Can be quite a valid resource to use at times depending on the work.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Hate to break it to you buddy, but web advertising is based on net activity. :rolleyes: Shouldn't really be browsing boards at work either as some content may not be safe for work.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Itzy wrote: »
    Hate to break it to you buddy, but web advertising is based on net activity. :rolleyes: Shouldn't really be browsing boards at work either as some content may not be safe for work.

If you choose to opt out of targeted advertising you can get loads of mad ads displayed to you.. and not all employers forbid you from browsing the web.

It's a bit of a cop-out to blame people for the ads they see when Boards have a degree of control over the ads that people are shown. (not aimed at you in particular.. just generally speaking).. NSFW is an ambiguous term at the best of times.

Advertisement