Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buy or deposit?

Options
  • 15-11-2012 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭

Firstly, thanks for entertaining another newbie question. I'm interested buying a rifle for target practise. I want to find a club/range and go through all the channels and hoops I need to whilst applying for a license. My question is this: Do I actually buy the rifle first and then apply with the serial number etc or am I even allowed do that? Will the dealer only accept a deposit until/if a license is obtained and produced. My reason for asking is that if I put a deposit on something and then apply with that rifle's details and then changed my mind and, say, went for a different rifle, would I have to begin the process from scratch?
    Sorry if I haven't articulated this very well but it's a bit difficult when trying to get my head around it for the first time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

Yes, you put a deposit on a rifle and then the dealer gives you a bill of sale with all his details on it and it will have all the details of the rifle. Make , model, serial number, cal etc.. and then you use that to apply. If you decide to change your mind you may lose your deposit on the rifle you now don't want and you will have to start from scratch with the details of the other one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

Don't rush into buying something, Wait and get the rifle you want not what he is trying to sell you, because a dealer will tell you what ever rifle he has in stock is the best rifle for you etc... you know what i mean anyway.
    Do some research and if you are a member of a club ask others their opinion and have a go of theirs.

Advertisement