Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cooms Room Pressure Testing

Options
  • 15-11-2012 4:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi All.

I'm new to Boards.ie so I hope I am doing this correctly.

I am working for a SME and part of my role as Facilites Manager is to look after the IT infrastructure at our two premises (we are an engineering company with c.25 employees).

The MD has asked me to look into getting our two comms rooms pressure tested.

I think it has something to do with the fire suppression sytem.

This is all new to me so I was wondering if a) anyone knew anything about this, and b) if anyone knew of any companies/indiviuals who do this work.

(I also have anither post relating to ethernet speed certification if anyone could help me on that)

Thanks

Larry

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Freddy Smelly

loconnell wrote: »
    Hi All.

I'm new to Boards.ie so I hope I am doing this correctly.

I am working for a SME and part of my role as Facilites Manager is to look after the IT infrastructure at our two premises (we are an engineering company with c.25 employees).

The MD has asked me to look into getting our two comms rooms pressure tested.

I think it has something to do with the fire suppression sytem.

This is all new to me so I was wondering if a) anyone knew anything about this, and b) if anyone knew of any companies/indiviuals who do this work.

(I also have anither post relating to ethernet speed certification if anyone could help me on that)

Thanks

Larry

would this be of any use to you?
    http://www.chevrontraining.ie/airpressurecourses/trainerprofile.html

they do Comms rooms air pressure tests

• Registered Users Posts: 23 loconnell

Thanks Freddy,

Do you know who the guy on the link, Shane Whelan, works for?

Thanks Larry

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Freddy Smelly

Thanks Freddy,

Do you know who the guy on the link, Shane Whelan, works for?

Thanks Larry

i think he works for that company that owns that website

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Puggle

Give whoever installed / maintains your fire suppression system a call. They will be able to organise a room integrity test sorted for you.

Thanks Puggle,

Only problem is the system hasn't been maintained in a while and no one seems to know who installed it (no labels etc).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Puggle

Have you got an O&M (Operation & Maintenance) manual for the office?

Afraid not Puggle. The place is a bit of a mess and I'm trying to bring everything up to standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭DubOnHoliday

Afraid not Puggle. The place is a bit of a mess and I'm trying to bring everything up to standard.
    If I was in your position, I'd get the suppression system checked out and put under a maintenance contract, the same company should then do the integrity test. I use Siemens and they have been pretty decent.

Hi Dub,

That sounds like a good idea.

Could you PM me the details of your contact in Siemens?

Thanks,

Larry

Advertisement