Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hair transplant cost

• 15-11-2012 4:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hello, I'm a male in my mid-20s with a receding hairline of about 2-3 years, and a slight bald patch on top. I am wondering how much would it cost to get a hair transplant, both in Ireland and abroad. I was also curious as to whether this would be a lot less expensive, as I still have a fair amount of hair left - than the sums of money an individual with a lot of hair loss would have to pay, as I have heard of individuals paying astronomical fees for this procedure, often €10,000 +.

Thanks for all help.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Moved to Beauty. hlyinh, please note that you will need to register to post in this forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60 ✭✭xtinataguba

you can go check this site www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/hair-loss-treatments/hair-transplant-costs.asp. i hope this would help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭john.west

These guys are quoting hair transplants from €3,000.

http://www.dhiglobal.com/index.cfm/id/5/lang/british/

They claim to employ a method which is more breakthrough and better than FUE and FUT, but don't they all claim to be better than the next.

Still €3,000 is small enough money for a procedure in Ireland. I would assume it is going to be a small scale procedure you'd be getting for that money but am open to correction.

They have a clinic in Sandyford in Dublin and would seem to have an online consultation option

It may be worth sending them on pictures of your hairloss and they might be able to provide you with an estimate of restoring your hairline to its original self.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

Had one procedure a few years back (in the good times), came to over 5,000. Subsequent procedures would have cost about 4,000, though I didn't go back for another.

It's very hard to know who's good and who isn't other than looking at the price (Who has the prettiest website? The shiniest reception?) If you google the clinics, you'll probably find bad reviews of all of them. I've also read some worrying complaints about false/exaggerated qualifications by those performing the procedures.

It's probably almost as cheap to travel to the US and have it done there, though of course if there are any complications you're in another country; or you require any follow-up work you can't readily travel back.

Advertisement