Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contacting bank instead of auctioneer

• 15-11-2012 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

Ive been trying 2 years to get a mortgage. finally managed to get it last week but the property i was after has sold.

during that process i caught the auctioneer (vendor) colluding with a valuer i had employed (another auctioneer). they were trying to stick a higher valuation on the house and i would have been out of pocket for 20k had i accepted their valuation. the guy in question is a well known as a snake around these parts

my problem:
    the only other house in the area that i am interested in is being sold by the same guy who tried to sting me.

question:
    is it possible to directly approach the bank who are selling it rather than going through the auctioneer. ulster bank are the owners now

any help or past experiences appreciated!

Alan

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

Where is the likely benefit to you? The bank might be happy to see the auctioneer drive the price up.

Decide what the house is worth to you, and bid accordingly (that does not mean that you make your best offer as an opening offer).

The greatest wrongdoer in your previous situation was the valuer.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭bigalk

Hi P.

not looking for a benefit really other than i dont want to have to deal with this snake. also the property was sale agreed previously. auctioneers story is that the back had agreed a price but just wouldnt sign off on it, meaning buyer moved on in the last couple of weeks.

im having great difficulty believing that the bank had agreed sale and then would not sign, with a customer chomping at the bit. basically i cant believe a word out of this guys mouth and was hoping a direct line to the bank migth reveal the truth of the matter.

yes - i realise the valuer was the 'greatest' wrongdoer. he did a half days work without pay for the pleasure! small recompense but hey...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭StillWaters

I doubt the bank will deal with you directly. No harm in trying though.

Advertisement