Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Isreal at war. Many comentators egging them on.

• 15-11-2012 5:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭

So troops and tanks from Isreals part time army are gathering to invade Palestine. Bombers are killing civillians from fighter jets and drones.

George Calloway, famous Big Brother Housemate and politicianist is urging Arabs to give up on their uprising yoke and defend their Palestinian neighbours.

Izzy right???? Or just fanning the flames??

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Looks like a good excuse for Iran to do something considering their links with hezzbollah and hamas,but nothing will happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭Max Power

Where is Isreal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

anyone see that picture of a palestinian bbc journalist holding his dead baby son after the attacks last night, fcuking heart wrenching stuff, the aungish on the guys face just haunts me, this has to stop, its just madness :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

Following on from the recent Poppy wearing thread, we've now got the Israel , Iran , Hamas fun thread for a little light pre Christmas entertainment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,151 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Is this the annual punch-up where the US eventually uses its veto and the whole thing fizzles out until next year's effort?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Pilotdude5

I've heard there's been trouble there before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭gobnaitolunacy

Where is Isreal?

Bordering Eeegit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Next to Isfake. They mostly make handbags.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,070 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Galloway is a complete nutter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭Max Power

davet82 wrote: »
    anyone see that picture of a palestinian bbc journalist holding his dead baby son after the attacks last night, fcuking heart wrenching stuff, the aungish on the guys face just haunts me, this has to stop, its just madness :(
    Animals. No other word for them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

The 2 sides need to cop on tbh.

That iron dome thingy the Israelis use is impressive mind you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

I say we indiscriminately annihilate the Middle East with nuclear weapons. All of the worlds problems solved right there. Throw in Afghanistan, Pakistan aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

Of course Israel is flexing its muscles. They have elections early in the new year and nothing shows your strongman credentials better than dead Palestinian children.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

pmcmahon wrote: »
    Looks like a good excuse for Iran to do something considering their links with hezzbollah,but nothing will happen.

What, besides funding Hamas, does Hezbollah have to do with Palestine?

Hezbollah is an Lebanese.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

donvito99 wrote: »
    I say we indiscriminately annihilate the Middle East with nuclear weapons. All of the worlds problems solved right there. Throw in Afghanistan, Pakistan aswell.

you could have put the irish in that bracket a few years ago

Seaneh wrote: »
    What, besides funding Hamas, does Hezbollah have to do with Palestine?

Hezbollah is an Lebanese.

with a relationship with hamas funded by the same country with the same goal.

i left out hamas by mistake in my original post.

you clearly know nothing about the middle east.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

squod wrote: »

George Calloway, famous Big Brother Housemate and politicianist is urging Arabs to give up on their uprising yoke and defend their Palestinian neighbours.

Obviously not that famous.........
    Galloway

mattjack wrote: »
    Following on from the recent Poppy wearing thread, we've now got the Israel , Iran , Hamas fun thread for a little light pre Christmas entertainment.

Paging Wes and Nodin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

I almost want to root for Israel just for being existing in the middle of an Islamic snake pit but of course they're altogether entirely horrible themselves in turn.
    Interesting fact time! Einstein was offered the first presidency of Israel but turned it down. He didn't really like what he saw happening there.

They're taking the piss more than usual this last year. Military figures stepping down and speaking against the current regime, a lot of talk about Iran, blowing up Iranian scientists all over the place, that especially threatening Romney endorsement, all that noise from the flotilla, and now this craic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

At this stage Hamas are like a child who keep poking a rabid dog with a stick and then act surprised when they get bitten.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Rigol

If you want to see one of historys lost OMGWTF's you can look up the USS liberty.

There are brief videos of it on Youtube as well as a full length BBC documentary.

Kind of thing that makes you wonder how shi.t gets hidden/passed over.

Manipulative scheming mofo's

Strafed the lifeboats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Pilotdude5

^^^^^^^^^
    lol at the intro!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Pilotdude5 wrote: »
    ^^^^^^^^^
    lol at the intro!

It was magnificent. Kudos RT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭shedweller

They could always hand back the land they took from the palestinians.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

At this stage Hamas are like a child who keep poking a rabid dog with a stick and then act surprised when they get bitten.

I'd say Palestine is more like the dog that gets beaten by a human and when it actually does lash out and bite the human, the human acts surprised and beats it even harder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,053 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Galloway is a complete nutter

I remember seeing Galloway on TV being quizzed by some United States committee about Saddam - I think - and he took the lot of them apart, no bother.

He certainly is able to argue his case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,053 ✭✭✭Hitchens

shedweller wrote: »
    They could always hand back the land they took from the palestinians.

but where would they go then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭anhedonia

I say we dont.
    Over a billion people would be dead.

I say we kick your fcukin head in.

• Advertisement

Hitchens wrote: »

Germany.

Back to Russia, the US and Europe etc...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

The USS "Lib-ritty":rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

ejmaztec wrote: »
    Back to Russia, the US and Europe etc...

Spend money on a plane ticket......... surely you jest?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,070 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I remember seeing Galloway on TV being quizzed by some United States committee about Saddam - I think - and he took the lot of them apart, no bother.

He's certainly not stupid, but I wouldn't trust a word he says tbh. For a man that claims to be 'for the people', he's not afraid to side with world leaders known for murdering their own people.

There's something extremely untrustworthy and underhanded about him imo.

mikom wrote: »
    Spend money on a plane ticket......... surely you jest?

They could be employed as drone or cruise-missile test-pilots.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

Close your gates tonight-the Jews will claim squatters rights faster than you can say Pat Kenny:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 835 ✭✭✭miketv

Another good debate was on sky news in 2006 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=249JaIaubVw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭anhedonia

Close your gates tonight-the Jews will claim squatters rights faster than you can say Pat Kenny:D

Pat Kenny

Ahh, what gives? me gaf is full of jews.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

He's certainly not stupid, but I wouldn't trust a word he says tbh. For a man that claims to be 'for the people', he's not afraid to side with world leaders known for murdering their own people.

There's something extremely untrustworthy and underhanded about him imo.

Hussein? He was very pally with him. He's a very dodgy character. He came out recently during the whole Assange debacle making an internet video saying that if a woman goes to bed with you and sleeps with you, that it is then OK to have sex with her again while she's sleeping. I think that was the brunt of his argument. It was plain weird.

He's not stupid but he's no genius. He loves the attention he gets. I've seen him decimated on shows and he's happy to sit their and take it. I don't think he cares. That's probably his greatest asset and maybe that's why he comes across as intelligent/more together. Belligerent confidence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Seaneh wrote: »

I'd say Palestine is more like the dog that gets beaten by a human and when it actually does lash out and bite the human, the human acts surprised and beats it even harder.

Bingo. Last nite the surprised human lashed out killing small children.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Rigol

newmug wrote: »
    The USS "Lib-ritty":rolleyes:

OH, I see you have used a :rolleyes: . Well thats me told.

No no, no need to reason or prove anything....I understand.

Ignore the BBC documentary and those admiral guys everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭seven_eleven

Yvan Eht Nioj

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,195 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

So I suppose Israel is like a rabid dog which keeps biting, but no one will put it down?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

You should really separate your attacks on Israel as an entity, from the Zionism that is a real problem there and with their arm-chair generals back in the USA cheering them on.
    The Zionists have an absolute faith that all the land they see is theirs, regardless of who is living there, hence the illegal settlements where they are told by the United Nations not to settle. Or their sneaky settlement of individual farmers armed to the teeth, and then backed up by their military when any resistance occurs (as they know it will occur).
    Zionists are also more Old-Testament in their "eye for an eye" retribution when a rocket/mortar is fired into Israel by Hamas or Hezbollah. Unfortunately here unlike the David and Goliath parable, the Israeli rockets are bigger and their targets are equally as indiscriminate.

There are plenty of concerned Jews living in Israel that want to see less military action and more co-operation and friendship with their neighbours. They see Zionism from USA-born and returned Jews in Israel as a real problem, it is a more complex country than just "Israelis = Evil" and "Palestinians/Lebanese = Good".

Having said all that, I have to say that their frequent bombing on Lebanon are a crime against humanity, and their treatment of the people in Gaza is a stain on their history.

And do they give a ****? Hell no!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

TheUsual wrote: »
    You should really separate your attacks on Israel as an entity, from the Zionism that is a real problem there and with their arm-chair generals back in the USA cheering them on.
    The Zionists have an absolute faith that all the land they see is theirs, regardless of who is living there, hence the illegal settlements where they are told by the United Nations not to settle. Or their sneaky settlement of individual farmers armed to the teeth, and then backed up by their military when any resistance occurs (as they know it will occur).
    Zionists are also more Old-Testament in their "eye for an eye" retribution when a rocket/mortar is fired into Israel by Hamas or Hezbollah. Unfortunately here unlike the David and Goliath parable, the Israeli rockets are bigger and their targets are equally as indiscriminate.

There are plenty of concerned Jews living in Israel that want to see less military action and more co-operation and friendship with their neighbours. They see Zionism from USA-born and returned Jews in Israel as a real problem, it is a more complex country than just "Israelis = Evil" and "Palestinians/Lebanese = Good".

Having said all that, I have to say that their frequent bombing on Lebanon are a crime against humanity, and their treatment of the people in Gaza is a stain on their history.

When Israel is criticised, it is the actions of the Israeli government that are criticised. A government elected by a majority of the Israeli electorate.

I am sure there are good Iranians, good Iraqis etc, etc.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

They're in serious trouble, things are desperate in Palestine and it can't go on this way anymore. It's very sad but I can't see a peaceful solution to this problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,550 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭petersburg2002

They're in serious trouble, things are desperate in Palestine and it can't go on this way anymore. It's very sad but I can't see a peaceful solution to this problem.

Palestinians in Gaza live in a virtual prison camp and its understandable that they will launch rocket attacks. But for every Israeli they kill, the IDF will kill ten of them. Dialogue and the dismantling of illegal Israeli settlements is the only way forward.

Media propaganda would have us think otherwise. Has anyone seen a documentary called "the great book theft" (or words to that effect)
    In it, we are shown occupied palestinian homes that are almost the same as they were back in the day. The houses are beautifully made and are standing the test of time. They were a prosperous civilised people with trade going on with neighbouring countries. Then some ***** took an old book at its word and exploited it to the max. And will continue until us gentiles are either eradicated or made into thick moronic servants. And we are too blind to see or do anything about it. We are like a frog being boiled alive.

• Advertisement
Advertisement