Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Isreal at war. Many comentators egging them on.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

That lad has a penchant for dress-up or whats the story? Strange lookin' dude.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Attacking Palestine could mean that Netanyahu knows he has not got a snowballs chance in hell of successfully launching an attack on Iran with American backing now Obama is back in power. Israel has not got the capabilities to do so alone - even their generals have admitted this.

This attack on Palestine is his contingency plan to keep up the Hard Man image before the elections.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

squod wrote: »
    That lad has a penchant for dress-up or whats the story? Strange lookin' dude.

Catholics and Orthodox can't have all the fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Attacking Palestine could mean that Netanyahu knows he has not got a snowballs chance in hell of successfully launching an attack on Iran with American backing now Obama is back in power. Israel has not got the capabilities to do so alone - even their generals have admitted this.

This attack on Palestine is his contingency plan to keep up the Hard Man image before the elections.

Nothing to do with the rockets flying into Israel then?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

It's hard to know if the rockets are flying into Israel from outside, or whether it's false flag...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭GalwayGuy2

Hmm some people may scream about propaganda but this really isn't a bad blog about Israel people from Israel people http://israelity.com/.

I honestly thought it'd be very, very propagandist but not a bad site. Correct me if i'm wrong as I've only read one or two articles:P

By the way that picture posted a few posts above is very, very annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭macco66

markesmith wrote: »
    It's hard to know if the rockets are flying into Israel from outside, or whether it's false flag...

They're definitely coming from inside Gaza. However, it's the opinion of many that Al-Jaabari was a relative moderate, so taking him out on Wednesday was counterproductive for Israel, if indeed looking for peace is in their interest. Rumours are now rife that Al-Jaabari had just been given a drafted truce agreement before he was targeted by IDF.

However, it'd be crazy to think that the timing of this offensive is purely coincidence, what with elections in Jan. Especially given the timing of Cast Lead 4 years ago. Anyone thinking there isn't a massive political element is grossly naive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

macco66 wrote: »
    Anyone thinking there isn't a massive political element is grossly naive.

Isreal has a 15 thousand million dollar military budget. As always this war is all about the Benjamins.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

smurgen wrote: »
    ... Netanyahu ...
    ... Benjamin Netanyahu ...
    Gunnubi10 wrote: »
    ... Netanyahu ...
    flyswatter wrote: »
    ... Netanyahu ...
    gbee wrote: »
    ... Netanyahu ... Netanyahu ...
    ... Netanyahu ...

You're always going on about Benjamin Netanyahu. Let it go lads, you're never gonna meet him.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭macco66

http://www.vice.com/read/did-israel-assassinate-hamas-chief-peace-negotiator

"If Baskin’s claim is accurate—and no compelling evidence has emerged to suggest otherwise—Israel assassinated the very man it was indirectly working with to obtain peace, after an agreement had been achieved yet before it could be implemented."

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

markesmith wrote: »

Great conspiracy by the Israelis, so good that they've even convinced Hamas that they're the ones launching the rockets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

I wonder how they will incorporate this into NCIS. Should make for a two part episode I reckon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

What are they actually fighting about?

I'm oblivious to what's going on.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

They're fighting over the remote. Israel's got the remote atm but the Palestinians have the batteries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,033 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Well, you have an antii-semitic Islamist political party called Hamas running the Gaza Strip, and they think that firing a few rockets in to Israel is going to make all the Jews in the region run away and/or die. After all, they were "elected" on that platform, so they have to be seen to be "doing something" about Israel, or they might get voted out of office in the 2013 Palestinian General Election.

(What, you think that only Israel or the USA indulge in political sabre-rattling?)

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Intensive Care Bear

Something about Hummus.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

The rockets that started flying after israel murdered 3 civilians between last sunday and tuesday?

The rockets that started flying after israel murdered 3 civilians between last sunday and tuesday?

Disclaimer: I don't like what the Israeli GOVERNMENT is doing.

Now that that's out of the way, it could be the rockets that Hamas have been firing all year...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Intensive Care Bear

Seaneh wrote: »

I read that there was a few smaller attacks on Israel in the few weeks before those civilian deaths that went unreported in the western media. Which were probably in retaliation to some other incident. I don't think its ever clear cut as to who started what when it comes to violence in that area.

GalwayGuy2 wrote: »
    Disclaimer: I don't like what the Israeli GOVERNMENT is doing.

Now that that's out of the way, it could be the rockets that Hamas have been firing all year...

There had been no rockets fired for over 2 weeks, mostly thanks to the man Israel assassinated last week. Israel do not want peace. The government of Israel are disgusting excuses for human beings.

The same man who had been making sure that any rockets that had been fired over the last 5 months landed in unpopulated areas. Not one single Israeli civilian had died. Not one single rocket had hit a populated area.

• Advertisement

Edit: Sorry mis-read your post.
    There had been no rockets fired for over 2 weeks, mostly thanks to the man Israel assassinated last week.

Eh, that's debatable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭petersburg2002

Sky news camera man just after filming a military truck on the Israeli highway carrying a full load labelled 'cluster bombs', which are banned by most western countries, but not in Israel and the US.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Seaneh wrote: »

There had been no rockets fired for over 2 weeks, mostly thanks to the man Israel assassinated last week. Israel do not want peace. The government of Israel are disgusting excuses for human beings.

The same man who had been making sure that any rockets that had been fired over the last 5 months landed in unpopulated areas. Not one single Israeli civilian had died. Not one single rocket had hit a populated area.

:pac: Are you privy to the insides of Hamas now.

:pac: Are you privy to the insides of Hamas now.

No, but the intermediary working between Hamas and the Israeli and Egyptian governments for the last 14 months was and that was his view.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

The Palestinian-Israeli conflict boils down to this in a nutshell:

One kid hits the other one over the head with a twig and the other kid responds with a cricket bat to the face.

It's an uneven unfair conflict. Up until recent events, there were 78 deaths in the past 9 months on the Palestine side and 0 on the Israeli side.

The tactic of going hard on Palestine in a run-up to an election has been ongoing for 60 years and you can google nearly every election year there has been an assault on Palestine.

Obama and the US may well go on about Israels right to defend itself (this is true and fair) but what about Palestine? They have the same right. It's funny that Hamas firing a couple of rockets is "terror". I thought the American and Israeli doctrine was the right to defend themselves by pre-emptive action?

Bottom line there will be no long term viable solution to this conflict. Israel is a schoolground bully. They generally bully their way through school and life. The only way this chaos and heartache will end longer term is to give Israel what it wants.

It's easier said than done but perhaps, in time, Palestinians (as us Irish have done) will start to turn our focus away from where a border is in the land and who owns it. Ultimately in the battle of right and wrong, Israel are more often than not so far beyond "wrong" it's not even visible. I just hope to God that Turkey steps in soon in a big way they are the only ones capable militarily and otherwise in the region of putting pressure on Israel to end this conflict.

God bless them all on both sides (that's an expression for what it's worth i think the Almighty should he exist will leave them to it).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

bnt wrote: »
    and they think that firing a few rockets in to Israel is going to make all the Jews in the region run away and/or die.

Israel kicked things off, when they murdered some Palestinians. No excuse for Hamas reaction, but nonetheless, the Israeli's have no right to murder people either, and they chose to kick things off this time round.

Israel also apparently killed the guy they were discussing a truce with. Which in no certain terms was either a huge mistake, or considering there current government, something that was deliberate, as there is an election coming up, and the last major conflict against Gaza, was right before an election. Honestly it doesn't matter who kicked things off, but the moment Israel killed the guy they were making a truce with, they ****ed up any chance of ending things quickly.
    After all, they were "elected" on that platform, so they have to be seen to be "doing something" about Israel, or they might get voted out of office in the 2013 Palestinian General Election.

The explicitly dropped that stuff before the election:
    Hamas drops call for destruction of Israel from manifesto

So what your saying is simply nonsense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,033 ✭✭✭✭bnt

wes wrote: »
    The explicitly dropped that stuff before the election:
    Hamas drops call for destruction of Israel from manifesto

So what your saying is simply nonsense.
    Do you mean to tell me you actually believed that? Wow. Never mind that it was six years ago, and doesn't account for everything that's happened since then. Both sides now have their propaganda machines running 24/7.

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

So is it calming down a bit now ?

Do you mean to tell me you actually believed that? Wow. Never mind that it was six years ago, and doesn't account for everything that's happened since then. Both sides now have their propaganda machines running 24/7.

So you only believe what Hamas says when it suits. Fact remains you were wrong. You made a claim, and it was fictional. You claimed they were elected saying something that was dropped, before the election. Trying to change the goal posts after the fact doesn't change that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭brimal

wes, do you really believe the anti-Israel and anti-Jew rhetoric and mindset of Hamas is gone just because they say so?

What planet are you on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Offy

Well, you have an antii-semitic Islamist political party called Hamas running the Gaza Strip, and they think that firing a few rockets in to Israel is going to make all the Jews in the region run away and/or die. After all, they were "elected" on that platform, so they have to be seen to be "doing something" about Israel, or they might get voted out of office in the 2013 Palestinian General Election.

(What, you think that only Israel or the USA indulge in political sabre-rattling?)

Heres me thinking it was over the Brits taking over the area and giving the land they took to the Jews after WW2. Kind of like the way the Irish fought to get Ireland back from the Brits. Gees if only I knew it was actually over something simple like a few rockets. Tell me something bnt, was Michael Collins a hero or a terrorist in your opinion?

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Big Bottom

Israel dont seem to have any consideration for who they kill and they are not doing themselves any favours but they dont seem to care how the world sees them.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-20388038

F*ck me, these Palestine/Ireland comparisons are really getting tiresome now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

I don't think the Israeli's put any value on the life of palestinians at all.

Don't open if you are easily upset with pictures of death
    https://twitter.com/khoolood/status/270254393541156864/photo/1

woodoo wrote: »

Funny that, I found the exact same picture here - http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbxubdPMPi1r1boeoo1_1280.jpg

That is a picture taken from Syria.

Maybe you should check your material before using it to pass judgement. The pro-Palestinian side is just as capable of deceitful propaganda.

• Advertisement

brimal wrote: »
    Funny that, I found the exact same picture here - http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbxubdPMPi1r1boeoo1_1280.jpg

Maybe you should check your material before using it to pass judgement. The pro-Palestinian side is just as capable of deceitful propaganda.

OK so the Israeli's haven't killed any children.

wes, do you really believe the anti-Israel and anti-Jew rhetoric and mindset of Hamas is gone just because they say so?

Good to see the goal post have changed again. It amazing that you ask question on the basis of what you have come up in your imagination.

The fact remains is that the claim that Hamas were elected on a platform of destroying Israel was incorrect, as they removed that from there platform. Its not about what I believe about Hamas, its about that fact. Someone making a claim that is not true and then right after ignoring what I actually said, to try and move on from the fact that they just made something up and were caught out, and you seem more than happy to assist.
    What planet are you on?

Clearly, one where with better standards of reading and comprehension, and not where people think its ok to make crap up, and try and make crap up after its been exposed, and avoid the fact they were caught making stuff up.

So I take it ok to make stuff up according to you, or that you don't care about such things, and rather have a go instead. Otherwise, you wouldn't made your bull**** claims in regards to what I said.

The same picture can be found here. Two different sources say its from Palistine????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

A point proven by what Israels Interior Minister said earlier on today...

"the goal of the operation is to send Gaza back to the Middle Ages"

http://www.alternet.org/speakeasy/tikkundaily/israeli-minister-goalis-send-gaza-back-middle-ages

A rare piece of honesty there. Fcuking scumbags

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Big Bottom wrote: »
    Israel dont seem to have any consideration for who they kill and they are not doing themselves any favours but they dont seem to care how the world sees them.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-20388038

:rolleyes: If they didn't value lives at all they'd use cheap freefall bombs rather than expensive guided bombs and missiles.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

:rolleyes: If they didn't value lives at all they'd use cheap freefall bombs rather than expensive guided bombs and missiles.

Like the cluster bombs sky news witnessed being transported today??

OK so the Israeli's haven't killed any children.

Did I say that?

I'm saying before you decide to play the ultimate emotive card - posting pictures of dead children - check what you are posting.

Btw, Hamas, US, UK, NATO, etc. have killed children before - it is a terrible thing to happen but sometimes it happens in war.

The thing is with Hamas, they deliberately target civilians (including children)

Expensive for who? The American taxpayer perhaps?

Did I say that?

I'm saying before you decide to play the ultimate emotive card - posting pictures of dead children - check what you are posting.

Btw, Hamas, US, UK, NATO, etc. have killed children before - it is a terrible thing to happen but sometimes it happens in war.

The thing is with Hamas, they deliberately target civilians (including children)

Perhaps Im wrong but I thought that their missiles didnt have sophisticated guidance systems? Are they not firing them hoping they will hit something, anything really because thats the best they have?

Did I say that?

Check it how? How could i know it was used before unless i seen it somewhere. Anyway its not as if i have accused them of something they haven't done before. Take a look at tears of Gaza and you will see plenty of it.

Offy wrote: »
    The same picture can be found here. Two different sources say its from Palistine????

If you do a Google Image search using the image, you get plenty of Syria blogs using it.

Also, the embedded Arabic text in the image has the word Aleppo in it, a Syrian city.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭petersburg2002

That photo is from one of the Pro Assad Shabiha massacres in Syria. They were shot at close range. As much as I dislike what Israel is doing in Gaza, I doubt that IDF members would execute babies with a bullet to the head (as the Nazis did in Eastern Europe). But I'm sure others will suggest differently.

Like the cluster bombs sky news witnessed being transported today??

Seriously someone link that to stop the later agro:P
    Perhaps Im wrong but I thought that their missiles didnt have sophisticated guidance systems? Are they not firing them hoping they will hit something, anything really because thats the best they have?

Or the anti-Hama people could say that they just don't care enough to hit military and see attacking the Israel military as attacking it's civiliians (which becomes a strange word when there's conscription)
    Just sayin', different sides to any story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Expensive for who? The American taxpayer perhaps?

That old chestnut :rolleyes: . I'd imagine the Israeli taxpayers would prefer that their taxes be spent on the health service rather than on defensive missile systems. I'm sure that most Israelis would prefer not to have to have conscription either.

That old chestnut :rolleyes: . I'd imagine the Israeli taxpayers would prefer that their taxes be spent on the health service rather than on defensive missile systems. I'm sure that most Israelis would prefer not to have to have conscription either.

I would have an easier time to believe that, if Israel wasn't spending a ton of money on there illegal settlements. If they want settlements, then they need all the military stuff to back that up. Israel are not blameless for there situation. No one is forcing them to expand outside there borders, and incur all the expense that such a project entails. If there against such things, then elect a government that will stop spending money on there violent Greater Israel project.

• Advertisement
Advertisement