Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Isreal at war. Many comentators egging them on.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

Merk35 wrote: »
    UN resolutions rammed through by the Islamic bloc using Oil bribery in the 1970's are not my concern.

The simple fact is that Jews were ethnically cleansed from East Jerusalem in 1948 and Hebron in 1929.

These are historical facts and are well documented. Including news reels showing Jews being driven from East Jerusalem.

The Hebron massacres are to be deplored but Hebron was never a Jewish majority town in recent historical times, even in 1929.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 50 ✭✭Merk35

As for 1948, the Palestinians lost far more land than Jewish people did. Funny how you expect the Palestinians to "return" land before any Israeli's do so.
    I'm quite aware of the Hebron agreement, thanks.

More Jews were displaced in 1948 then Palestinians. A historical fact.

All absorbed by Israel.

I'll keep batting these back all day, so you'll need to come back with something more substantial.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

All absorbed by Israel.

I'll keep batting these back all day, so you'll need to come back with something more substantial.

You were bluffing and got caught out. Give up.

All absorbed by Israel.

If you're aware of the Hebron Agreement why would you bring it up?

More Jews from all Arab and North African countries were displaced, not from within Palestine itself. Yes it's a fact but I don't see the point.

What point are you defending?

I also find it very interesting that you only registered as a poster 2 days ago and only post in threads about the recent Israel-Hamas conflict. By any chance are you Israeli?

You were bluffing and got caught out. Give up.
    Bluffing about what? that a massacre of Jews in Hebron took place in 1929 and their land stolen? It's a historical fact which you can easily google.

Interesting how many Jewish tombs, and holy sites there are in Arab Muslim areas of the West Bank.

It's almost as if it was Jewish :rolleyes:

If you're aware of the Hebron Agreement why would you bring it up?

More Jews from all Arab and North African countries were displaced, not from within Palestine itself. Yes it's a fact but I don't see the point.

What point are you defending?

I also find it very interesting that you only registered as a poster 2 days ago and only post in threads about the recent Israel-Hamas conflict. By any chance are you Israeli?
    I love the way pro-palestinians just dismiss things so casually when it's against Jews - yet staunchly round on Israel when a caravan goes up on a hill in the WB.

Yeah so what if 900,000 Jews were ethnically cleansed. Meh, no biggie.

Now those caravans...they really irk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Bluffing about what? that a massacre of Jews in Hebron took place in 1929 and their land stolen? It's a historical fact which you can easily google.

Interesting how many Jewish tombs, and holy sites there are in Arab Muslim areas of the West Bank.

It's almost as if it was Jewish :rolleyes:

What a bizarre concept.

Nowhere is Jewish, likewise nowhere is rightfully muslim or catholic or any other religious identity.

I love the way pro-palestinians just dismiss things so casually when it's against Jews - yet staunchly round on Israel when a caravan goes up on a hill in the WB.

Yeah so what if 900,000 Jews were ethnically cleansed. Meh, no biggie.

Now those caravans...they really irk.

You didn't answer my questions.

Also, you can check my post history, I am not pro Palestinian or pro Israeli, I'm a neutral observer. The Jewish expulsion from Arab lands was appalling but it happened in 1948 and they should have the right of return, a lot of the atrocities against Palestinians are happening at the present time.

Are you Israeli?

MUSEIST wrote: »
    What a bizarre concept.

Nowhere is Jewish, likewise nowhere is rightfully muslim or catholic or any other religious identity.

The concept of land as in soil being religious....:confused:

• Advertisement

You didn't answer my questions.

Also, you can check my post history, I am not pro Palestinian or pro Israeli, I'm a neutral observer. The Jewish expulsion from Arab lands was appalling but it happened in 1948 and they should have the right of return, a lot of the atrocities against Palestinians are happening at the present time.

Are you Israeli?
    I would count an 11 year rocket barrage on a civilian population who on a daily basis run for bomb shelters, or live in them for weeks on end - as an atrocity. As well as suicide bombing and the plethora of other ways the Arabs have sought to kill Jews and Israelis.

No.

The concept of land as in soil being religious....:confused:

The idea that because at some point in the past a location was predominantly occupied by jewish people and therefore is now rightfully jewish is a ridiculous way to think IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

I'm quite aware (.........)substantial.

Somebody who doesn't even know when the borders were set shouldn't be so arrogant.

I would count an 11 year rocket barrage on a civilian population who on a daily basis run for bomb shelters, or live in them for weeks on end - as an atrocity. As well as suicide bombing and the plethora of other ways the Arabs have sought to kill Jews and Israelis.

No.

Have you ever seen/considered the other side of the argument at all?

No.

It's an atrocity agreed. No argument there. Are Israeli attacks on Palestinian civilians atrocities likewise?

Really? I'm a tad suspicious, you're a 2 day old poster on an Irish forum with literally hundreds of forums and the only threads you post relate to a conflict in the Middle East and have a very pro-Zionist slant.

What a bizarre concept.

I didn't mean it in that regard and I suspect you know that. I mean it's obvious Jews lived there, as the place is covered in Jewish ruins, tombs, artefacts/

Although to be fair to the palestinians, they've done a fairly comprehensive job of ransacking and destroying a lot of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭GalwayGuy2

The idea that because at some point in the past a location was predominantly occupied by jewish people and therefore is now rightfully jewish is a ridiculous way to think IMO.

Wow, I should really stop barging into these convos to say random things.

But do you think Ireland should be "owned" by the Irish?

Have you ever seen/considered the other side of the argument at all?
    No.

Because I've yet to see a day when the Israeli top brass wake up and without any provocation, convene a meeting to discuss killing some palestinians "just for the craic, like".

Israel behaves in a retaliatory action. No rockets/shooting attacks/suicide attacks = no retaliation.

No.

Because I've yet to see a day when the Israeli top brass wake up and without any provocation, convene a meeting to discuss killing some palestinians "just for the craic, like".

Israel behaves in a retaliatory action. No rockets/shooting attacks/suicide attacks = no retaliation.

So you didn't watch the t.v. at all this weekend?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

I didn't mean it in that regard and I suspect you know that. I mean it's obvious Jews lived there, as the place is covered in Jewish ruins, tombs, artefacts/

Although to be fair to the palestinians, they've done a fairly comprehensive job of ransacking and destroying a lot of it.

Jews lived all over Palestine, so did Christians and Muslims, but jew's hadn't ben in a majroity in Hebron in over a thousand years. Hebron was a majority Muslim and Christian Palestinian city.

No.

You mean like the two weeks before november 8th when no rockets or shootings came from Gaza (and there hasn't been a suicide bomber from gaza since 2004) and Israel still sent the IDF inside Gaza and killed a teenager?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭KenSwee

http://www.jpost.com/Opinion/Op-EdContributors/Article.aspx?ID=292466&R=R1&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Like father, like son.

"We need to flatten entire neighborhoods in Gaza. Flatten all of Gaza. The Americans didn’t stop with Hiroshima – the Japanese weren’t surrendering fast enough, so they hit Nagasaki, too.

There should be no electricity in Gaza, no gasoline or moving vehicles, nothing. Then they’d really call for a ceasefire.

Were this to happen, the images from Gaza might be unpleasant – but victory would be swift, and the lives of our soldiers and civilians spared.
    "

No.

How long will it take for the penny to drop then?
    If you continue to do something and it continues to fail then it is time to try something different.

KenSwee wrote: »
    http://www.jpost.com/Opinion/Op-EdContributors/Article.aspx?ID=292466&R=R1&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Like father, like son.

"We need to flatten entire neighborhoods in Gaza. Flatten all of Gaza. The Americans didn’t stop with Hiroshima – the Japanese weren’t surrendering fast enough, so they hit Nagasaki, too.

There should be no electricity in Gaza, no gasoline or moving vehicles, nothing. Then they’d really call for a ceasefire.

Were this to happen, the images from Gaza might be unpleasant – but victory would be swift, and the lives of our soldiers and civilians spared.
    "

Wow, what a disturbing country israel is.

Seaneh wrote: »
    Jews lived all over Palestine, so did Christians and Muslims, but jew's hadn't ben in a majroity in Hebron in over a thousand years. Hebron was a majority Muslim and Christian Palestinian city.
    Ah, sorry mate.

I hadn't realised that breeding more than Jews gave the palestinian Muslims ownership.

Presumably when Birmingham becomes majority Muslim, we'll need to hand it over.

As i said earlier. How can a people who suffered so much at the hands of the Nazis treat another people in such an inhuman way? Nothing learned at all.

How long will it take for the penny to drop then?
    If you continue to do something and it continues to fail then it is time to try something different.
    Are you directing this towards the Palestinians?

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭KenSwee

To be fair, I'm sure there are plenty of Israelis who totally disagree with what this gob****e has written but I posted it here because I think it's a pretty good idea of what the right wing element in Israel is all about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 399 ✭✭IceFjoem

Can't be serious.:confused:

Yeah, this bloke here represents Palestinians.

Are you directing this towards the Palestinians?

You are the one who made the statement which I replied to.

• Advertisement

Ah, sorry mate.

I hadn't realised that breeding more than Jews gave the palestinian Muslims ownership.

Presumably when Birmingham becomes majority Muslim, we'll need to hand it over.

Its not inside Israels borders, which is the fact of the matter.

Funny how Merk35 doesn't post replies to questions he doesn't have an answer to?

I'll ask again. I condemn Palestinian atrocities against Israeli civilians. Do you condemn Israeli atrocities against Palestinian civilians?

You are the one who made the statement which I replied to.
    The progress in Judea & Samaria (West Bank) shows that Israel is quite willing to help develop the Palestinians.

Sadly in Gaza, Islamic fundamentalism still commands more of a pull than trying to better their lives.

It's worth remembering that the palestinians had nothing before Israel.

The Palestinians didn't govern any territory in history. The Palestinians never had a government throughout history.

Neither Jordan nor Egypt gave them any rights.

Under Israel, parts of the WB were given over to the palestinians to fully administer and govern. Under Israel, the Palestinians got their first government in history in 1993.

Paints a different picture when you know the facts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

Election due so Israel start a mini war
    https://twitter.com/ibrarkh/status/270561364362285056/photo/1

Funny how Merk35 doesn't post replies to questions he doesn't have an answer to?

I'll ask again. I condemn Palestinian atrocities against Israeli civilians. Do you condemn Israeli atrocities against Palestinian civilians?
    I don't condemn Israel for hitting a Hamas guy and some shrapnel flying off and hitting an innocent.

You cannot have a conflict without civilian casualties.

You cannot expect Israel to have a zero-civilian casualty war when no one on earth can manage it.

They have poured investment into developing weapons that implode and have small blast radius'.

The Palestinians on the other hand pack their rockets with ball bearings and sometimes lace them with rat poison to cause maximum civilian casualties.

Nodin wrote: »
    Its not inside Israels borders, which is the fact of the matter.
    It was a region in 1929, not a country with borders.

The progress in Judea & Samaria (West Bank) shows that Israel is quite willing to help develop the Palestinians..

....by building on them?
    Sadly in Gaza, Islamic fundamentalism (.......)know the facts.

There was no America until 1776, no Belgium till 1831, no Irish state till 1922.....and so on.

I don't condemn Israel for hitting a Hamas guy and some shrapnel flying off and hitting an innocent.

You cannot have a conflict without civilian casualties.

You cannot expect Israel to have a zero-civilian casualty war when no one on earth can manage it.

They have poured investment into developing weapons that implode and have small blast radius'.

The Palestinians on the other hand pack their rockets with ball bearings and sometimes lace them with rat poison to cause maximum civilian casualties.

Not the answer to my question.

I'll ask again. I condemn Palestinian attacks on Israeli civilians. Do you condemn Israeli attacks on Palestinian civilians? It's a simple yes or no.

It was a region in 1929, not a country with borders.

Its not inside Israels modern borders, therefore they've no claim on it.

• Advertisement

Not the answer to my question.

I'll ask again. I condemn Palestinian attacks on Israeli civilians. Do you condemn Israeli attacks on Palestinian civilians? It's a simple yes or no.
    No, because civilians are not the target.

Just as I wouldn't condemn the Irish police if some nutter with a gun was threatening the public, and they shot him - also hitting a passerby.

If the day ever comes that the Israeli state sends people out in bomb vests to walk in amongst a crowd and blow themselves up - I'll condemn it.

Just as I wouldn't condemn the Irish police if some nutter with a gun was threatening the public, and they shot him - also hitting a passerby.

If the day ever comes that the Israeli state sends people out in bomb vests to walk in amongst a crowd and blow themselves up - I'll condemn it.

And the mask slips. So Israeli attacks on Palestinian civilians are acceptable in your eyes, good that's been cleared up.

You're definately not Irish anyway, you've given yourself away. No Irish person would call them the police.

Nodin wrote: »
    Its not inside Israels modern borders, therefore they've no claim on it.

Israel's border with the WB has not been set.

...they have been before, and doubtless will be again...
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/suffolk/4534620.stm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

And the mask slips.

You're definately not Irish anyway, you've given yourself away. No Irish person would call them the police.

Its KiethAFC back again, his other hobby is israel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭somefeen

And the mask slips. So Israeli attacks on Palestinian civilians are acceptable in your eyes, good that's been cleared up.

Very relevant indeed

• Advertisement

Are you ready to admit you are in fact an Israeli Jew yet?

woodoo wrote: »
    Its KiethAFC back again, his other hobby is israel

Ah we know it's a re-reg, just not sure who yet. Generally Keith wasn't so bad as this guy.

And the mask slips.

Irish? heaven forbid :D

I do understand that the Irish have an affinity with the Palestinians, because both employed terrorist tactics.

Although one has to congratulate the palestinians on going that one step further than the Irish did, and actually slit the throats of 3 month old babies as part of "resistance".

The Irish never quite reached those levels of depravity.

Israel's border with the WB has not been set.

You'll find thats not the case. Until a new agreement is reached, the border are as set in 1949 and amended in 1994.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

International poll carried out by CNN

57% think Israel is justified in its response.

Only 25% think it's unjustified.

Great news and it appears the Palestinians may have pushed one time too many, as they rely on media bias and this will not be good news for them.

Unlucky lads.

And 59% of Europeans polled think that Israel is the greatest threat to world peace. Again the jerk reaction was to label Europe anti-semitic and call for its exclusion from the Israeli-Palestinian peace process.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2003/nov/02/israel.eu

Also the "international" CNN poll is self selecting.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Advertisement
Advertisement