Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Isreal at war. Many comentators egging them on.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 50 ✭✭Merk35

Seaneh wrote: »
    Are you ready to admit you are in fact an Israeli Jew yet?
    Sure, if you like.

I don't think I sound like one, but whatever makes your conspiracy theorist little head happy. I understand the Irish have a questionable past with regards to Jews.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Merk35 wrote: »
    Irish? heaven forbid :D

I do understand that the Irish have an affinity with the Palestinians, because both employed terrorist tactics.

"terrorist tactics" were used during the foundation of Israel as well, so I fail to see your point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

I do understand that the Irish have an affinity with the Palestinians, because both employed terrorist tactics.

Although one has to congratulate the palestinians on going that one step further than the Irish did, and actually slit the throats of 3 month old babies as part of "resistance".

The Irish never quite reached those levels of depravity.

Why do you bother re registering on an Irish forum if you loath Irish people so much? What an interesting life you lead.

I've already said that I'm neutral in the Israeli-Palestinian conflict so I don't know why you keep insisting that I'm pro-Palestinian.

Are you ready to admit you are in fact an Israeli Jew yet?

He's actually English, we've figured out who he is.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Sure, if you like.

I don't think I sound like one, but whatever makes your conspiracy theorist little head happy. I understand the Irish have a questionable past with regards to Jews.

You don't sound Irish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

Although one has to congratulate the palestinians on going that one step further than the Irish did, and actually slit the throats of 3 month old babies as part of "resistance".

Ireland has strong links to Israel to. Mossad like to use our passports when carrying out murders in foreign lands.

Mossad also used old Irish as a code language until Irish troops were stationed in Lebanon.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

He's actually English, we've figured out who he is.

Even Keith had a better grasp of English grammar than this lad...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭GalwayGuy2

Irish? heaven forbid biggrin.png

I mean this in the nicest and I don't want to get involved in this, but...

I read that post in an Evil-Egomaniac has just been unmasked tone of voice:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Suceed

Indeed.

But one of the major differences is that when we were blowing the hell out of England, the English didn't blockade Ireland, stifle food supplies and services, destroy the nations infrastructure or rain phosphorous down on our heads etc.

The affinity only goes so far. Thankfully we never had to live with that terror.

SafeSurfer wrote: »
    And 59% of Europeans polled think that Israel is the greatest threat to world peace. Again the jerk reaction was to label Europe anti-semitic and call for its exclusion from the Israeli-Palestinian peace process.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2003/nov/02/israel.eu

Also the "international" CNN poll is self selecting.
    Europeans anti-semitic?

Naa, I don't think so mate.

I mean ok, the European did go to the middle east and throw many of the Jews out of their homeland (this is before Islam and palestinians were invented)

Ok, so many of the Jews scattered towards Europe.

Ok, so they then faced pogroms after pogroms by the Europeans and burned alive after being accused of spreading the black death.

Ok, so this all culminated in a mass genocide by Europeans designed to eradicate the Jewish people

Ok, so the graffiti on the walls of European countries read "Juden go back to Israel"

Ok, so the likes of the Irish refused to take in a few orphaned Holocaust surviving Jewish kids.

Ok, so the British turned Holocaust survivors on ships back to Germany.

Ok, so many of the fleeing Jews escaped the genocide in Europe and headed for their homeland as advised by the graffiti.

Ok, so many Europeans are now at the forefront of once against trying to scatter the Jews from Israel with their hyperbolic, hate-filled anti-Israel campaign against the state sitting on 0.6% of middle east land.

But to call Europeans anti-semitic is ridiculous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Sure, if you like.

Is that why your death squad used our passports?

Suceed wrote: »
    Indeed.

But one of the major differences is that when we were blowing the hell out of England, the English didn't blockade Ireland, stifle food supplies and services, destroy the nations infrastructure or rain phosphorous down on our heads etc.

The affinity only goes so far. Thankfully we never had to live with that terror.
    Well you never did quite get to the stage of placing London under a sustained, daily, 11 year long rocket barrage.

Had you done, I suspect you'd have been thoroughly spanked.

Is that why your death squad used our passports?
    Your passports were used because the Arabs trust fellow terrorists

Oh ZING!:D

Merk35, how boring is your life that you re-registered twice on an Irish forum?

Europeans anti-semitic?

Naa, I don't think so mate.

I mean ok, the European did go to the middle east and throw many of the Jews out of their homeland (this is before Islam and palestinians were invented)

Ok, so many of the Jews scattered towards Europe.

Ok, so they then faced pogroms after pogroms by the Europeans and burned alive after being accused of spreading the black death.

Ok, so this all culminated in a mass genocide by Europeans designed to eradicate the Jewish people

Ok, so the graffiti on the walls of European countries read "Juden go back to Israel"

Ok, so the likes of the Irish refused to take in a few orphaned Holocaust surviving Jewish kids.

Ok, so the British turned Holocaust survivors on ships back to Germany.

Ok, so many of the fleeing Jews escaped the genocide in Europe and headed for their homeland as advised by the graffiti.

Ok, so many Europeans are now at the forefront of once against trying to scatter the Jews from Israel with their hyperbolic, hate-filled anti-Israel campaign against the state sitting on 0.6% of middle east land.

But to call Europeans anti-semitic is ridiculous.

Or it could be because Israel have a clandestine nuclear weapons programme, an aggressive foreign policy and a track record of starting wars and involvement in terrorism.

Your mentality is really showing now. Is it typical Israeli type I wonder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

The Loyalist para's weren't a million miles away from that depravity.. think lenny murphy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

So all Irish people are terrorists? How do you come to that conclusion?

woodoo wrote: »
    The Loyalist para's weren't a million miles away from that depravity.. think lenny murphy.

On the whole the Loyalist paramilitaries were far more depraved than the PIRA or INLA. There was no real equivalent to the Shankill Butchers amongst Republicans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭KenSwee

Mate that is racist on so many fronts. You've just manged to offend about half a billion people there.
    You're an idiot because you hide here and say crap like that. Keep to the point of the post. If you are a representative of the general thinking of supporters of Israel, then they have lost already and I'm sure many concerned people on both sides of this discussion would condemn most of your comments here.

I feel sorry for you. You should stop commenting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Mod

Merk35 banned.

And as a reminder, if you do flame or troll back, you too can be pick up needless infractions and bans.

Mod

Merk35 banned.

And as a reminder, if you do flame or troll back, you too can be pick up needless infractions and bans.

Ah no it was fun!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 399 ✭✭IceFjoem

Anyone know if there's an anti-Israeli protest group still active in Dublin? I used to see protestors occasionally down at the embassy but haven't seen anything in well over a year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭jasonmcco

I'd say Palestine is more like the dog that gets beaten by a human and when it actually does lash out and bite the human, the human acts surprised and beats it even harder.

Dog eventually learns to obey its master after a few smacks on the nose.
    Called house training. Your analogy flawed hence my dismissive response.

Wish Israel would withdraw to its pre 67 borders.

At least then if they are attacked they have the moral high ground.

Nodin wrote: »
    So all Irish people are terrorists? How do you come to that conclusion?

Think he is alluding to a commonality regarding terrorism between arabs and irish, so jews might think irish passport offered better cover and his logic is reasonable. Don't think he means all irish are terrorists you are just looking for a reason to shut him up.

• Advertisement

Mod

Merk35 banned.

I don't share all his views but to ban him is ridiculous.

I think if people want to engage with him on his views it's up to them.

I think he inspires debate and that's what these sites are for i thought.

Only the Irish would try control content on open discussion. Laughable but typical in a country with a blasphemy law.

As i said earlier. How can a people who suffered so much at the hands of the Nazis treat another people in such an inhuman way? Nothing learned at all.

My spin on it would be they have learned and understand the need to stamp out people who seek their destruction quickly.

jasonmcco wrote: »
    I don't share all his views but to ban him is ridiculous.

I think if people want to engage with him on his views it's up to them.

I think he inspires debate and that's what these sites are for i thought.

Only the Irish would try control content on open discussion. Laughable but typical in a country with a blasphemy law.

Israel also has blasphemy laws.

In Israel, blasphemy is covered by Articles 170 and 173 of the penal code.[28][29]
    Insult to religion
    170. If a person destroys, damages or desecrates a place of worship or any object which is held sacred by a group of persons, with the intention of reviling their religion, or in the knowledge that they are liable to deem that act an insult to their religion, then the one is liable to three years imprisonment.
    Injury to religious sentiment
    173. If a person does any of the following, then the one is liable to one year imprisonment:
    (1) One publishes a publication that is liable to crudely offend the religious faith or sentiment of others;
    (2) One voices in a public place and in the hearing of another person any word or sound that is liable to crudely offend the religious faith or sentiment of others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

IceFjoem wrote: »
    Anyone know if there's an anti-Israeli protest group still active in Dublin? I used to see protestors occasionally down at the embassy but haven't seen anything in well over a year.

It might not be sexy anymore. The whole Palestine thing went a bit mainstream. Its all about the Kurds now a days.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

It might not be sexy anymore. The whole Palestine thing went a bit mainstream. Its all about the Kurds now a days.

Don't let the Turks hear that!

I'd say this video pretty much sums up the whole conflict and basically the region itself.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Israel gives Hamas 36-hours ultimatum before starting major offensive.

"Israel warned Hamas it will step up its offensive in the Gaza Strip in 36 hours if they do not cease rocket fire. UN chief Ban Ki-moon arrived in Cairo in a bid to broker a peace deal between the two sides as the threat of a ground invasion looms.

Israeli Finance Minister Yuval Steinitz told IDF radio the time left before Israel escalates its attacks can be measured in “hours, not days.”

http://rt.com/news/israel-ultimatum-hamas-offensive-028/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

jasonmcco wrote: »

Banned for a week. I don't have a clue what this notion is you have about Irish moderators which you brought up on another thread as well, but there is no need to derail threads and soapbox about it.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭shedweller

[mod snip]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

[mod snip]

cheers for the warning about the dead kids and stuff. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭shedweller

Yeah. In fairness, you should have known! Thats whats going on over there right now. No sugar coatings here, i'm afraid!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Lone Stone wrote: »
    cheers for the warning about the dead kids and stuff. :mad:

Welcome to reality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭brimal

shedweller wrote: »
    [modsnip]

What a load of rubbish.

First of all, the main image of dead children in the middle of the video is a image of Syrian children who were killed in Aleppo this year by Assad forces. This image is being widely misused during this current Gaza conflict as dead Palestinian kids.

The translation in this video is pretty bad job too.

Second, the video says Israeli left is a tiny minority. This is incorrect. In the last general elections 18% of the vote went to parties on the left.

Kadima, a liberal centrist party got the most votes with 23%.

Thirdly, Michael Ben-Ari and his followers are nuts, who don't represent Israelis. In fact Ben-Ari barely had enough votes to get into the Knesset. He is constantly doing OTT demonstrations and stunts and he isn't taken seriously by the very large majority. His party only received 3% of the national vote.

And lastly, the title of the video says it all - "Jewich [sic] Pigs".

Lads this isn't Conspiracy Theories forum, where you can get away with posting rubbish about Israel (and Jews for that matter) and get away with it. It may be After Hours, but if you post up rubbish like this you will be called out on it.

"That's what's going on over there now" "Welcome to reality" - Cop on to yourselves with your disingenuous, misleading, anti-semitic crap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭AngryHippie

^^^^^^^^^^^
    Fair Call on that one, no need to bring any more hatred. Sadness will suffice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Folks, if you're posting videos:

a) check to see if the content is acceptable to the forum and include a warning if it contains graphic material
    and
    b) don't post clearly anti-Semetic videos. The topic is heated enough without adding to the flames.

keithob wrote: »
    Galloway is a complete nutter!!! maybe he needs to be in order to be heard.

What bout obama & cameron sitting back and letting this sh1t go on.

It is wrong in this day and age that women and children are being murdered in an endless war

Where is the Irish govt on this ??? very quiet... fcuking muppets thats why.

It is absolutely shocking what is going on in Gaza as it is wrong for Hamas to fire into Israel.. the cause of the war is a huge conversation.

It just needs to stop. Israel are driving young lads into hamas by their hundreds...

What would you want Obama and Cameron to do ?

i agree that foreign intervention is probably the best option, force both parties to stop (like a teacher pulling two fighting kids aside) but how would you want them to go about that ?

Another UN resolution ? Neither parties would give a flying...

As for Galloway, the less said about him the better the better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,949 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    What would you want Obama and Cameron to do ?

i agree that foreign intervention is probably the best option, force both parties to stop (like a teacher pulling two fighting kids aside) but how would you want them to go about that ?

Another UN resolution ? Neither parties would give a flying...

As for Galloway, the less said about him the better the better.

For starters, the international community could put sanctions in place against Israel for occupying Palestinian territory for four and a half decades.

Took them about for and a half minutes to put them in place on Iraq when it invaded Kuwait.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,236 ✭✭✭sdanseo

donvito99 wrote: »
    I say we indiscriminately annihilate the Middle East with nuclear weapons. All of the worlds problems solved right there. Throw in Afghanistan, Pakistan aswell.

No need for all that.

America needs to grow a pair of balls and realise that Israel is as bad or worse than most of the other countries it has invaded in recent history on the official line of "liberation". If the US threw caution to the wind and went and liberate Palestine (who actually NEED liberating), maybe the rest of the Arab world wouldn't be trying their damnedest to terrorise them.

Zebra3 wrote: »
    For starters, the international community could put sanctions in place against Israel for occupying Palestinian territory for four and a half decades.

Took them about for and a half minutes to put them in place on Iraq when it invaded Kuwait.

Israel is a country that has more UN resolutions against it than all other countries combined.

I wouldn't say the international community isn't doing anything.

Israel gives Hamas 36-hours ultimatum before starting major offensive.

"Israel warned Hamas it will step up its offensive in the Gaza Strip in 36 hours if they do not cease rocket fire. UN chief Ban Ki-moon arrived in Cairo in a bid to broker a peace deal between the two sides as the threat of a ground invasion looms.

Israeli Finance Minister Yuval Steinitz told IDF radio the time left before Israel escalates its attacks can be measured in “hours, not days.”

http://rt.com/news/israel-ultimatum-hamas-offensive-028/

The U.N. is a thing of the past. No country heeds them anymore. Look at Syria and how they carried on regardless. Plus the U.S. will back Israel no matter what they do.
    On this occasion Hamas responded to an Israeli murder of a boy playing football so I feel the whole thing was orchestrated to ensure the forthcoming election was won by the sitting Government.
    It reminds me of a teacher asking two boys why they were fighting in the school yard. The bigger lad said "the row started when he hit me back".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,033 ✭✭✭✭bnt

There's one more aspect to this conflict which I'd forgotten until now: energy. Gaza has a couple of promising offshore natural gas fields. It would be too simplistic to say this is "about" the natural gas, but it's got to be a factor. There's a full but biased discussion of the topic here (from 2009).

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,949 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Israel is a country that has more UN resolutions against it than all other countries combined.

Link to back that claim up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭RainMaker

keithob wrote: »
    What is Russia and Chinas view on whats happening in Gaza???

Both guilty of similar stuff in Chechnya and Tibet...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭brimal

bnt wrote: »
    There's one more aspect to this conflict which I'd forgotten until now: energy. Gaza has a couple of promising offshore natural gas fields. It would be too simplistic to say this is "about" the natural gas, but it's got to be a factor. There's a full but biased discussion of the topic here (from 2009).

The two known gas fields off Gaza are tiny compared to the gas fields Israel have. It is absolutely not a factor of this conflict.

Israel has just opened the Tamir gas field, and has several other gas fields on the way. Once they open Leviathan gas field, they will actually become a net exporter of energy.

They actually had to stop working in another smaller gas field because they struck an unknown amount of oil.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I wouldn't say the international community isn't doing anything.

The most amount of vetoed UN resolutions?

http://www.krysstal.com/democracy_whyusa03.html

What good is the UN if one nation can overrule the majority of others?

• Advertisement

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Link to back that claim up?

Is it that hard to do your own research ?

Not only is it well-known, but it's extremely easy to find.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_Nations_resolutions_concerning_Israel
    The Human Rights Council has adopted more resolutions condemning Israel than it has all other states combined.

Advertisement