Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Isreal at war. Many comentators egging them on.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Palestinians in Gaza live in a virtual prison camp and its understandable that they will launch rocket attacks. But for every Israeli they kill, the IDF will kill ten of them. Dialogue and the dismantling of illegal Israeli settlements is the only way forward.

Are Israel receptive to dialogue though?

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Rebelkell

Hitchens wrote: »
    I remember seeing Galloway on TV being quizzed by some United States committee about Saddam - I think - and he took the lot of them apart, no bother.

He certainly is able to argue his case.
    I think hes a clown but i saw that live on TV and he was fantastic. He tore the US guy a new one. It was astonishing. Pity the guys such a knob now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭petersburg2002

And expanding settlements as we speak. We can only hope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭Madam_X

Went to see film recently about the behaviour of some Israeli soldiers towards Palestinian kids - had to walk out.
    Nothing will ever make me understand Israel state/military apologists for everything they do - fair enough to condemn the Hamas attacks and to be understanding of proportionate defensive actions, but the unprovoked, indiscriminate, disproportionate bullying? There is just no justification whatsoever. It's depressing that some would gloss over such atrocities simply because they're islamophobes/conservative "christians" (it's become the "in thing" since 9/11 for same to fall in love with Israeli policy)/hardline conservatives (therefore they "must" support Israel in order to be seen to be opposing a "left-wing" cause)/ulster loyalists. :(
    (Wouldn't be surprised if some of the above were anti semitic not long ago, the hardline right has never been great at consistency).

The IDF are brutal - even some who have served on it admit it's f'ucked up.

In before anti semitism accusations tardery.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

No, they have no interest in recognising Palestine as a legitimate entity, they just want to push the Arabs into the sea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭jasonmcco

davet82 wrote: »
    you could have put the irish in that bracket a few years ago

I think you should still put them(irish) in.They still use their religion to kill people so are still eligible.

Madam_X wrote: »
    Went to see film recently about the behaviour of some Israeli soldiers towards Palestinian kids - had to walk out.
    Nothing will ever make me understand Israel state/military apologists for everything they do - fair enough to condemn the Hamas attacks and to be understanding of proportionate defensive actions, but the unprovoked, indiscriminate, disproportionate bullying? There is just no justification whatsoever. It's depressing that some would gloss over such atrocities simply because they're islamophobes/conservative "christians" (it's become the "in thing" since 9/11 for same to fall in love with Israeli policy)/hardline conservatives (therefore they "must" support Israel in order to be seen to be opposing a "left-wing" cause)/ulster loyalist. :(
    (Wouldn't be surprised of some of the above were anti semitic not long ago, but the hardline right has never been great at consistency).

The IDF are brutal - even some who have served on it admit it's f'ucked up.

In before anti semitism accusations tardery.

I saw a Channel 4 documentary which filmed Israeli settlers destroying Palestinian olive groves and beating the farmers. Another showed a gang of youths together with IDF soldiers charging down a hill firing live weapons at the local Palestinians. They killed one Palestinian boy. The government only acted when Channel 4 handed over the footage. All very depressing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

Intensified bombings tonight. Joe Catron claims white phosferous type attacks on Palestinians. Up to 270 rockets have by now been fired into Isreal.

Massive fuhk up this new war. The commentary so far also seems way too casual.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭positron

donvito99 wrote: »
    I say we indiscriminately annihilate the Middle East with nuclear weapons. All of the worlds problems solved right there. Throw in Afghanistan, Pakistan aswell.

and German donvito99 on boards.de says 'lets nuke Greece and Ireland and be done with zem and lazynezz'. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Golda Meir once said, "if we Israeli's are so clever, why did we pick the only spot in the Middle East that has no oil?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Israel lives by the sword only and one of these years it will fall, No matter how strong and mighty you are someday you will fall.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Big Bottom

Don't really know the history of the war there but why oh why do the Palistinians keeps firing rockets in Israel?

They seem to have a bit of a death wish!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

My brother got sent to Tel Aviv a few days ago on work placement for Intel. His office is 9 miles from where the rockets landed (so he said anyway, open to correction). He was saying that he could see the mushroom cloud from the office car park. They got moved into an underground shelter and had to hold up there for a while.

Scary stuff.

My brother got sent to Tel Aviv a few days ago on work placement for Intel. His office is 9 miles from where the rockets landed (so he said anyway, open to correction). He was saying that he could see the mushroom cloud from the office car park. They got moved into an underground shelter and had to hold up there for a while.

Scary stuff.

At Least they have shelters. The Palestinians sure don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭opinionated3

Scary stuff.
    Careful now.....the ipsc will be attacking you soon for having a brother that fraternises with the 'enemy'!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

They could level that region if they wanted to

Israel is not at war

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,795 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Unusual video of the Israeli Iron dome

Mainly 0:45 on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

It always amazes me that a people who suffered so much at the hands of the Nazis can heap so much suffering on another people. Shame on them. Nothing learned at all.

It always amazes me that a people who suffered so much at the hands of the Nazis can heap so much suffering on another people. Shame on them. Nothing learned at all.
    Maybe they learned to trust no one?! Especially those whose goal is to wipe them off the face of the earth?

At this stage Hamas are like a child who keep poking a rabid dog with a stick and then act surprised when they get bitten.

So a rabid dog stole land from some children?

• Advertisement

Maybe they learned to trust no one?! Especially those whose goal is to wipe them off the face of the earth?

And how exactly could the Palestinians with antiquated weapons wipe out the might of the Israelis? The David and Goliath story was not true.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I think the holocaust contributed a lot to the radical zionist mentality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Icepick

Religious and nationalist fanatics fuelling this conflict on both sides need to be stopped.

I think the holocaust contributed a lot to the radical zionist mentality.

Yeah and it's pretty sad when such arguments are just left hanging instead of being criticised.

And how exactly could the Palestinians with antiquated weapons wipe out the might of the Israelis? The David and Goliath story was not true.
    Sure wouldn't adhmadinijad come riding over the horizon to their rescue?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

Unusual video of the Israeli Iron dome

Mainly 0:45 on.
    Clondalkin last Halloween?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 gb40

Friendly fire!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

At Least they have shelters. The Palestinians sure don't.

If the Palestinians didn't keep firing rockets at Israel there wouldn't be a need for shelters on either side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,795 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Pottler wrote: »
    Clondalkin last Halloween?

Was thinking more missile command myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭shedweller

Long but very interesting.

• Advertisement

If the Palestinians didn't keep firing rockets at Israel there wouldn't be a need for shelters on either side.

Yeah the Palestinians should just take all the **** and put-up and shut up :rolleyes:

Yeah the Palestinians should just take all the **** and put-up and shut up :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: They should stop picking fights that they can't win. Hamas's go-to tactic seems to be to make sure their rockets are stored and fired from civilian areas so some of their children get killed when the Israeli's retaliate. That way they can get some good propaganda pictures and videos to convince gullible westerners that "Israel is Evil"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

An Israeli invasion of Gaza still won't end the conflict. Hamas are incapable of defeating the Israeli army in conventional warfare but the Israelis are incapable of defeating the guerilla warfare of the Palestinians as the history of the PLO and latterly Hamas and Islamic Jihad have shown. They can invade as many times as they want but they're incapable of militarily defeating Hamas either, fighting guerilla warfare is like fighting a hydra.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭Madam_X

:rolleyes: They should stop picking fights that they can't win. Hamas's go-to tactic seems to be to make sure their rockets are stored and fired from civilian areas so some of their children get killed when the Israeli's retaliate. That way they can get some good propaganda pictures and videos to convince gullible westerners that "Israel is Evil"
    While I condemn Hamas atrocities, Israel's actions speak for themselves - no propaganda required.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

To be fair, while placing rockets from civilian areas is bad so is attacking those same areas. Hamas atrocities don't lessen those of Israel.

That would be more like Israeli propaganda and give them excuses for targeting more U.N. run schools.
    Gullible westerners indeed.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/world/middle-east/Israel-presses-Gaza-assault-as-rocket-panics-Tel-Aviv/articleshow/17235430.cms

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Intensive Care Bear

I don't know how anyone can take sides, they both act like utter cu*ts.

In the most over populated piece of land on earth, there isn't a whole lot of places for them to store anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Steodonn

Ground invasion begun. Still waiting on BBC or sky news to report on it

• Advertisement

Good take on the situation. I presume you also think if there was no sex we'd not need an abortion debate? You're not the brightest bulb in the chandelier, are you?

Steodonn wrote: »
    Ground invasion begun. Still waiting on BBC or sky news to report on it

Where are you getting this from?

1210m5g wrote: »
    I don't know how anyone can take sides, they both act like utter cu*ts.

Because one state is committing war crimes, occupying another nations land contrary to international law, is denying basic human rights and is openly apartheid.

Israel have created the problem in Palestine themselves!

Anytime the moderates have gained control on the palestinian side and tried to make peace work, israel rolls in the bulldozers, builds more settlements and kills more civilians.

An Israeli invasion of Gaza still won't end the conflict. Hamas are incapable of defeating the Israeli army in conventional warfare but the Israelis are incapable of defeating the guerilla warfare of the Palestinians as the history of the PLO and latterly Hamas and Islamic Jihad have shown. They can invade as many times as they want but they're incapable of militarily defeating Hamas either, fighting guerilla warfare is like fighting a hydra.

Perhaps, perhaps not, the provisional IRA were ground down eventually and had to give up fighting, the Tamil Tigers were eventually ground down and destroyed. Hopefully someone in Hamas will at some point see the stupidity of what they are doing and go the peaceful route.

Perhaps, perhaps not, the provisional IRA were ground down eventually and had to give up fighting, .

A man with absolutely NO grasp of the history of Northern Ireland.

Well done sir, well done.

Your ignorance is impressive!

Pottler wrote: »
    Good take on the situation. I presume you also think if there was no sex we'd not need an abortion debate? You're not the brightest bulb in the chandelier, are you?

Its you who aren't the brightest bulb seeing as what I said is blindingly obvious and true.

• Advertisement

Perhaps, perhaps not, the provisional IRA were ground down eventually and had to give up fighting, the Tamil Tigers were eventually ground down and destroyed. Hopefully someone in Hamas will at some point see the stupidity of what they are doing and go the peaceful route.

Doubt that. You cannot trample a people into submission. That has already been tried several times by the Israelis and the Palestinians are still there fighting for their freedom.

Seaneh wrote: »
    A man with absolutely NO grasp of the history of Northern Ireland.

Well done sir, well done.

Your ignorance is impressive!

Just a wild punt but I'm guessing you're a shinner. What I said is true, the PIRA had declining popular support and no hope of military victory, thankfully they had some relatively intelligent leaders who went the peaceful route.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭shedweller

Little bit graphic, but here ya go:http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=517_1353014641

Its you who aren't the brightest bulb seeing as what I said is blindingly obvious and true.
    Quite right, I'm exceedingly dim and have only a tenuous grasp of pretty much everything - my own level is stretched watching the x-factor. But even dim old me can see there's a bit more to the story than you appear to be grasping. if my neighbour steals my garden and p1sses in my kitchen window, there's a chance I might be inclined to throw eggs at him- does this then automatically give him the right to kick me in the rocks to "put me in my place"??

Just a wild punt but I'm guessing you're a shinner. What I said is true, the PIRA had declining popular support and no hope of military victory, thankfully they had some relatively intelligent leaders who went the peaceful route.

I am not a shinner at all actually.

Your grasp of why the peace process begun is extremely flawed.

The voilence from the PIRA FORCED the British government to sit down and talk with Sinn Fein, anyone with half a grasp on reality will see that.

And again, the entire affair was of Britain's own making, if they hadn't murdered innocent civilians during the civil rights marches and then armed and enabled loyalist paramilitaries to murder more innocent civilians, then the PRIA never would have got off the ground.

• Advertisement
Advertisement