Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Isreal at war. Many comentators egging them on.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

gallag wrote: »
    Did isreal steal land?

The scenes flashed across the TV screens: tens of thousands of Arab troops massing on Israel's borders, frenzied demonstrations in every Arab capital demanding the demise of the Jewish state, the leaders of the Soviet bloc proclaiming unqualified support for Arab war aims while the French -- Israel's only ally -- abruptly changed sides. "Our objective is the freeing of Palestine and the liquidation of the Zionist existence," declared the Syrian chief of staff, while the Iraqi president proclaimed, "Our goal is clear -- to wipe Israel off the face of the map." Egyptian president Gamal Abdel Nasser, who ousted U.N. peacekeepers from the Egypt-Israel border and blockaded Israeli shipping through the Straits of Tiran, foresaw a "total war . . . aimed at Israel's destruction." Bracing themselves for the onslaught, Israelis called up their army reserve, hoarded gas masks, and dug trenches and thousands of graves. Yet even these preparations seemed insufficient. "We shall destroy Israel and prepare boats to deport the survivors," the Palestine Liberation Organization pledged, "if there are any."Israel did not wait to see if Arab leaders would fulfill their promises. On June 5, 1967 the Israelis struck. In an attack lasting a little over an hour, the Israeli air force destroyed more than 250 Egyptian planes, and Israeli ground forces broke through Egyptian lines in Sinai. Israel had urged Jordan to stay out of the war, but Jordanian artillery began shelling West Jerusalem and suburban Tel Aviv, and Jordanian warplanes struck Israeli coastal cities. From atop the Golan Heights, Syrian gunners rained thousands of shells onto Israeli farms in Galilee. Though faced with a multi-front war, the Israelis fought vigorously, first driving the Egyptians out of Sinai and Gaza and the Jordanians out of the West Bank and Jerusalem. They then silenced the Syrian guns and captured the Golan Heights. In six extraordinary days, Israel's citizen soldiers had defeated three major Arab armies and captured territories four times the size of pre-1967 Israel.

The way I see it is they ganged up on Israel with many of the leaders stating their goal to wipe Israel of the map, they lost and Israel took a bit of their land to provide safer boarders further from their capital, call it the spoils of war for the winner of the risk of war for the looser. Now to this very day the leaders of hostile countries still want to wipe them from the map (while trying to get nukes) and every day they send multiple rockets with the sole intention of killing civilians.

Why did you choose to start your narrative on the 5th of June 1967?

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭gallag

SafeSurfer wrote: »

Why did you choose to start your narrative on the 5th of June 1967?
    Because the six day war is when isreal captured Gazza, west bank etc. Pretty much if the Arab nations did not take it upon themselves to wipe Israel of the map the Gaza strip would not be under Israel control.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭jasonmcco

yeah Qassam rockets and Grad Rockets are quite lethal.
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/81/9-years_old_Israeli_boy_Osher_Twito_copes_with_lost_of_his_leg_after_Qassam_exploded_next_to_him_in_Sderot_Israel.jpg

and some of them contain white phosphorous warheads. The injuries and deaths are lower on the Israeli side because they have good rocket defences and bunkers and early warning systems.

So the logic is "coz your stronger you should't hit me back".

I see the Irish attitude as follows, "eeeh i tink de palestinians are the same as the IRA fightin the brits so im wit dem"

I fear the effect of the holocaust on the Jewish psyche could well mean they would use a nuclear weapon especially if they see the arabs getting the upper hand in the war.Do you really believe in the light of the Jewish history they would live under arab rule?

I admire the Jews for their resolve and their building of the Israeli state.
    I fully understand their philosophy about retaliating with extreme force.
    They fully understand how badly people will treat them if allowed.
    Lets not forget how horrendously us Europeans have treated the Jews for the last few hundred years.

The Jews no doubt are behaving disgracefully but they easily justify it by pointing out that nearly all the arab world is opposed to them.They believe they are owed a homeland especially in light of the holocaust.

No one should applaud either side for using violence and i hope they can all return to the negotiating table.

Also i wish the arab world coz they are so concerned would try improve the lives of the Palestinians living in terrible conditions in Gaza and on the West bank.Palestinians are treated similarly to the way we mistreat the travelling community in Ireland.Common view among arabs is that Palestinians are no good, will rob you and are stupid.arabs play politics with Palestinian lives.

And just to end this my girlfriend is a Palestinian christian who has said Israel is probably only place she would live in if she was to return home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

Because the six day war is when isreal captured Gazza, west bank etc. Pretty much if the Arab nations did not take it upon themselves to wipe Israel of the map the Gaza strip would not be under Israel control.

We don't see a wall in Berlin anymore. Times have moved on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

jasonmcco wrote: »

No one should applaud either side for using violence and i hope they can all return to the negotiating table.

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭General Zod

Because the six day war is when isreal captured Gazza
    I was wondering where he'd gone to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Very important to recognise the Israeli spin machine's definition of a rocket covers anything down to a stone or bottle thrown by a youth. Any projectile basically.

This idea of 200 rockets a day that paints a picture of small missiles and mortars bombarding Israel is complete fiction.

squod wrote: »
    So troops and tanks from Isreals part time army are gathering to invade Palestine. Bombers are killing civillians from fighter jets and drones.

George Calloway, famous Big Brother Housemate and politicianist is urging Arabs to give up on their uprising yoke and defend their Palestinian neighbours.

Izzy right???? Or just fanning the flames??

Not sure if it's for the same reasons but i agree with Calloway that war is best option for the region.

I am not a supporter of either side but think a war will bring the sides eventually to a table to hammer out a ceasefire/surrender whatever.

Humans use war coz they are not intelligent enough not to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

It's clear that now with Egypt under new Islamic leadership, Hamas are trying to create end game. These long range missiles toward Tel Aviv are just asking for an Israeli incursion and Hamas want war with their Islamic neighbours on board. We could be on the verge of Holocaust 2.0.

• Advertisement

You are aware that Israel started the six day war?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

Yes, if not why would they have them? If all Israels neighbors were on the verge of crushing them then of course they would use them. That's why there is no motivation to "win" a war with Israel.
    If you think that if Israel was losing on every front and hours away from Arabs taking control and not use their last resort weapons then you are Mabey a wee bit daft?

It's hard to know, would you have the balls to actually order a nuclear missile launch? No one has since 1945..
    Not sure if it's for the same reasons but i agree with Calloway that war is best option for the region.

I am not a supporter of either side but think a war will bring the sides eventually to a table to hammer out a ceasefire/surrender whatever.

Humans use war coz they are not intelligent enough not to.

They've had 3 wars since 1948 (5 if you include the intifidadas) and 6 if you include Lebannon...still no neogotiation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

2ndcoming wrote: »
    Very important to recognise the Israeli spin machine's definition of a rocket covers anything down to a stone or bottle thrown by a youth. Any projectile basically.

This idea of 200 rockets a day that paints a picture of small missiles and mortars bombarding Israel is complete fiction.

Israeli Rocket VS Gaza "Rocket".

9u0tbl.jpg

Gaza Rockets are no more than home made propelled pipe bombs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭golden lane

is it time for israel to send a delegation to ireland.......they will surely find the answer in that peace loving country....?????

is it time for israel to send a delegation to ireland.......they will surely find the answer in that peace loving country....?????

Yes we could give them a few Irish passports to use in overseas murders when they are here.

I don't know if you're being sarcastic here or not. I'll presume you are, there's been peace in the Republic of Ireland since the Civil War in 1922 (minus the Dublin and Monaghan bombings) and in Northern Ireland (for the most part) since 1997. There's still incidents of violence eg Ronan Kerr, that prison officer, Mazaerne barracks etc. but absolutely nothing anywhere near the level of violence seen during the 1970's and 1980's. The British army has withdrawn and unionists and nationalists are both in government together. For the most part it's been very successful, so yes the Israeli's could do worse than look to Ireland as an example.

• Advertisement

Technically they did start the Six Day war but in all probability they only attacked a few days before the Arab armies would have attacked them. Militarily speaking (rather than politically/morally etc.) it was probably the correct decision.

It's hard to know, would you have the balls to actually order a nuclear missile launch? No one has since 1945..

They've had 3 wars since 1948 (5 if you include the intifidadas) and 6 if you include Lebannon...still no neogotiation.

The "Samson Option" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samson_Option

"We possess several hundred atomic warheads and rockets and can launch them at targets in all directions, perhaps even at Rome. Most European capitals are targets for our air force. Let me quote General Moshe Dayan: 'Israel must be like a mad dog, too dangerous to bother.' I consider it all hopeless at this point. We shall have to try to prevent things from coming to that, if at all possible. Our armed forces, however, are not the thirtieth strongest in the world, but rather the second or third. We have the capability to take the world down with us. And I can assure you that that will happen before Israel goes under."

Yes we could give them a few Irish passports to use in overseas murders when they are here.

great idea........and maybe some jaffa cakes.....

barbiegirl wrote: »
    The longer this goes on the more I begin to wish that the current state of Israel was raised from the map. I am no apologist for the Arabs and detest some of their policies and laws, however the Zionists seem to have learned far too much from their agressors in the 2nd world war.

I have no issue, and I want to make that quite clear, with Jewish people, their religion or right to worship as they see fit.

I have a massive issue with ANY state who believes today that they have the right to take any other mans property because of his religion ethnicity, is this familiar to these people http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/Holocaust/reparations.html, with a state that locks people away and treats them as second class citizens based on their ethnicity, http://www.jewishhistory.org.il/history.php?startyear=1930&endyear=1939, that forces a people into a ghetto justifying it by saying they are a risk to the state, an excuse commonly used in World War II http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lvov_Ghetto.

There is no excuse, they have totally and completely used up any goodwill. I feel sick when I look at the Holocost and my heart breaks. But as a human I have the same reaction to the Israeli racist, violent, disgusting policies.

As to the well they fire rockets at us and explode bombs. Yes they do. Israel is founded on their land, their farms, their property. Israel is the agressor and always has been. Ever wondered why Einstein refused presidency of Israel it was because he disliked the Zionist ideals which are as bad if not worse that strict Muslim ones.

Israel you disgust me.

Are you talking about the goodwill they got from the holocaust coz if you are it is you who is sick and i can see your oblivious to that so please dont reply.

Israel the aggressor and always has been wow what utter nonsense.

Does hamas using palestinians as human shields not upset you?

The worlds treatment of the Jews forced them to seek refuge/sanctuary in Israel.
    They have treated the Palestinians disgracefully.But the answer is not to lob bombs at Israeli civillians. Target their soldiers only.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

Israeli Rocket VS Gaza "Rocket".

9u0tbl.jpg

Gaza Rockets are no more than home made propelled pipe bombs.

And you're the one always rallying here against media propaganda yeah?

• Advertisement

Are you talking about the goodwill they got from the holocaust coz if you are it is you who is sick and i can see your oblivious to that so please dont reply.

The worlds treatment of the Jews forced them to seek refuge/sanctuary in Israel.
    They have treated the Palestinians disgracefully.But the answer is not to lob bombs at Israeli civillians. Target their soldiers only.

The Israeli's have killed more civilians despite having one of the most technically advanced military in the world. Between 2005 and 2007 3 Israeli civilians were killed, while 936 Palestinians were killed.

This isn't exactly true. How much emigration to Israel occured pre WW2 and how much of it post WW2 was from countries not affected by the Holocaust? One of the presidents of Israel was born in Ballsbridge for example, even though the Limerick boycott of 1905 was nasty Jews have hardly been treated badly here, we've had two Jewish mayors of Dublin and the ucrrent Minister of Justice. Likewise there are numbers of American and British Jews in Israel, hardly countries that have treated them badly in recent times.

The Holocaust in Europe (and the Jewish expulsion from Arab lands) were terrible things but not every single Jewish person needed to seek sanctuary in Israel. The fastest growing Jewish population currently is actually in Germany, makes you think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭donegal_road

Iran were trading oil for commodities earlier in the year with Turkey and India, because America imposed financial sanctions on Iran a year ago, disabling them to do international trade through the banking system.

gold for oil

The reserve currency of the world is the US dollar, and all commodity transactions that are carried out world-wide are done through US dollars.
    The threat of having countries that are opting out of that system cannot be allowed, and will not be allowed to continue.

America will act against Iran directly, or through its proxy agent Israel sooner than later, or the dollar is doomed.

USA sends 4 aircraft carriers towards Iran in July

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

For the most part it's been very successful, so yes the Israeli's could do worse than look to Ireland as an example.

However, I must point out, that whilst both side planted bombs in the North, neither religion condones violence or suicide.

Israel faces a foe who's religion promotes both genocide and suicide.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Laika1986

Israel want to attack Iran due to the nuclear question but they know they can't just attack it as they will be viewed as the aggressors. So they step up the campaign in gaza, draw in support from Egypt, Iran etc. Attack Iran's reactors and and make it look like retaliation. Simples

c_man wrote: »
    And you're the one always rallying here against media propaganda yeah?

The Israeli Defence Forces are doing a good enough job of shooting themselves in the foot (pardon the pun) in the propaganda war.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/7960071.stm

The BBC report shows tshirts printed by Israeli soldiers:

One example shows a pregnant Arab women in the cross-hairs of a sniper's sight with the legend "1 shot 2 kills".

Another design shows a child being similarly targeted with the slogan "the smaller they are, the harder it is".

In both images the people being targeted appear to be carrying weapons.

A third T-shirt design shows a dead Palestinian baby and the words "Better use Durex" (condoms).

The Israeli's have killed more civilians despite having one of the most technically advanced military in the world. Between 2005 and 2007 3 Israeli civilians were killed, while 936 Palestinians were killed.

do you think it should be one for one.......??????

Yeah and your aware why i bet.

do you think it should be one for one.......??????
    No. I think that if Israel wants to prevent its civilians being killed a good place to start would be to stop killing Palestinian civilians.

If Northern Ireland has thought us anything it is that a negotiated solution is the only viable solution.

Apostasy is a good reason to side with the Israelis no matter what they do to muslims.

Iran – illegal (death penalty)[7][8][9]
    Egypt – illegal (death penalty)[9]
    Pakistan – illegal (death penalty[9] since 2007)
    United Arab Emirates – illegal (death penalty)[10]
    Somalia – illegal (death penalty)[11]
    Afghanistan – illegal (death penalty, although the U.S. and other coalition members have put pressure that has prevented recent executions[12][13])
    Saudi Arabia – illegal (death penalty, although there have been no recently reported executions)[9][14]
    Sudan – illegal (death penalty, although there have only been recent reports of torture, and not of execution[15] [16])
    Qatar – illegal (death penalty)[17]
    Yemen – illegal (death penalty)[17]
    Sri Lanka – illegal (Prison sentences for 10 year) (Mahinda Rajapakse regime has passed anti religious change Act in the parliament)[17]
    Malaysia – illegal in five of 13 states (fine, imprisonment, and flogging)[18][19]
    Mauritania – illegal (death penalty)[citation needed]
    Morocco – illegal to proselytise conversion (15 years jail, flogging)[20]
    Jordan – possibly illegal (fine, jail, child custody loss, marriage annulment) although officials claim otherwise, convictions are recorded for apostasy.[21][22][23]

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

The Israeli Defence Forces are doing a good enough job of shooting themselves in the foot (pardon the pun) in the propaganda war.

Yeah, both sides engaged in propaganda while at war. I'm just shocked. Just as shocked at the amount of people in these parts lapping it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Apostasy is a good reason to side with the Israelis no matter what they do to muslims.

Iran – illegal (death penalty)[7][8][9]
    Egypt – illegal (death penalty)[9]
    Pakistan – illegal (death penalty[9] since 2007)
    United Arab Emirates – illegal (death penalty)[10]
    Somalia – illegal (death penalty)[11]
    Afghanistan – illegal (death penalty, although the U.S. and other coalition members have put pressure that has prevented recent executions[12][13])
    Saudi Arabia – illegal (death penalty, although there have been no recently reported executions)[9][14]
    Sudan – illegal (death penalty, although there have only been recent reports of torture, and not of execution[15] [16])
    Qatar – illegal (death penalty)[17]
    Yemen – illegal (death penalty)[17]
    Sri Lanka – illegal (Prison sentences for 10 year) (Mahinda Rajapakse regime has passed anti religious change Act in the parliament)[17]
    Malaysia – illegal in five of 13 states (fine, imprisonment, and flogging)[18][19]
    Mauritania – illegal (death penalty)[citation needed]
    Morocco – illegal to proselytise conversion (15 years jail, flogging)[20]
    Jordan – possibly illegal (fine, jail, child custody loss, marriage annulment) although officials claim otherwise, convictions are recorded for apostasy.[21][22][23]

What the **** has that got to do with this?

True but after a war you will get a period of relative peace and thats as good as it gets when your dealing with muslims from middle east.

No. I think that if Israel wants to prevent its civilians being killed a good place to start would be to stop killing Palestinian civilians.

If Northern Ireland has thought us anything it is that a negotiated solution is the only viable solution.

negotiated solutions is another way of saying......we have no choice, but we will get as much as we can......

that will not make the war stop.........or, hasn't up to now...

Yeah and your aware why i bet.

Why do any countries start wars?

The Germans blamed "Polish aggression".

Hamas Prime Minister Ismail Haniyeh condemned the killing of Osama bin Laden in Pakistan by the United States. Haniyeh praised Bin Laden, the founder of the jihadist organization al-Qaeda, as a "martyr" and an "Arab holy warrior"

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/05/02/us-binladen-palestinians-idUSTRE74137A20110502

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭Leftist

this is typical zionist propoganda. Whenever they are challenged with israel's disporportionate and ultra-violent reaction to palestine they try to convince the western world that their enemy is the enemy of the west, that they are for all intended purposes, undermench.

IDF and Hamas taunting each other on twitter is mad - almost turning it into entertainment

Imagine WW2 with all the social media
    Rommel taunting Montgomery
    Patton taunting Hitler

I don't know if you're being sarcastic here or not. I'll presume you are, there's been peace in the Republic of Ireland since the Civil War in 1922 (minus the Dublin and Monaghan bombings) and in Northern Ireland (for the most part) since 1997. There's still incidents of violence eg Ronan Kerr, that prison officer, Mazaerne barracks etc. but absolutely nothing anywhere near the level of violence seen during the 1970's and 1980's. The British army has withdrawn and unionists and nationalists are both in government together. For the most part it's been very successful, so yes the Israeli's could do worse than look to Ireland as an example.

Look to Ireland as an example you have to be kidding.

Would you ask hitler or stalin for advice on how to organise a political party coz they have been successful in doing so.

• Advertisement

Leftist wrote: »
    this is typical zionist propoganda. Whenever they are challenged with israel's disporportionate and ultra-violent reaction to palestine they try to convince the western world that their enemy is the enemy of the west, that they are for all intended purposes, undermench.

lol ! Propoganda! You don`t think he said that? Where is your proof!

You are aware that Hamas would like an Islamic state covering Gaza, West Bank and Israel right?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭gallag

The scenes flashed across the TV screens: tens of thousands of Arab troops massing on Israel's borders, frenzied demonstrations in every Arab capital demanding the demise of the Jewish state, the leaders of the Soviet bloc proclaiming unqualified support for Arab war aims while the French -- Israel's only ally -- abruptly changed sides. "Our objective is the freeing of Palestine and the liquidation of the Zionist existence," declared the Syrian chief of staff, while the Iraqi president proclaimed, "Our goal is clear -- to wipe Israel off the face of the map." Egyptian president Gamal Abdel Nasser, who ousted U.N. peacekeepers from the Egypt-Israel border and blockaded Israeli shipping through the Straits of Tiran, foresaw a "total war . . . aimed at Israel's destruction." Bracing themselves for the onslaught, Israelis called up their army reserve, hoarded gas masks, and dug trenches and thousands of graves. Yet even these preparations seemed insufficient. "We shall destroy Israel and prepare boats to deport the survivors," the Palestine Liberation Organization pledged, "if there are any."Israel did not wait to see if Arab leaders would fulfill their promises. On June 5, 1967 the Israelis struck. In an attack lasting a little over an hour, the Israeli air force destroyed more than 250 Egyptian planes, and Israeli ground forces broke through Egyptian lines in Sinai. Israel had urged Jordan to stay out of the war, but Jordanian artillery began shelling West Jerusalem and suburban Tel Aviv, and Jordanian warplanes struck Israeli coastal cities. From atop the Golan Heights, Syrian gunners rained thousands of shells onto Israeli farms in Galilee. Though faced with a multi-front war, the Israelis fought vigorously, first driving the Egyptians out of Sinai and Gaza and the Jordanians out of the West Bank and Jerusalem. They then silenced the Syrian guns and captured the Golan Heights. In six extraordinary days, Israel's citizen soldiers had defeated three major Arab armies and captured territories four times the size of pre-1967 Israel.

Do you accept that before isreal attacked the Arab nations were surrounding their borders with thousands of troops with many of the head of states saying things like "wipe them of the face of the planet" and "boats ready for the survivors, if there are any"??????

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭Leftist

You are aware that Hamas would like an Islamic state covering Gaza, West Bank and Israel right?

I didn't' say he didn't say that, what I said if you read it properly, is that it is common israeli tactics to degrade the palestinians as some kind of evil, the common enemy for israel and the west. Monsters who deserve the treatment they get from the idf.

hamas may want a lot of things, there are groups everywhere that have outdated constitutions or unrealistic aspirations. Treat them like animals and they will act like animals.

Negotiations and talks and respect for opposition in Northern Ireland resulted in the ROI removing it's claim to NI from it's constitution. SF are now part of government and it's still part of the U.K.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

How is that any different than Israel wanting a Jewish state that includes East Jerusalem and the West Bank, with Gaza as an eternal prison?

Do you accept that before isreal attacked the Arab nations were surrounding their borders with thousands of troops with many of the head of states saying things like "wipe them of the face of the planet" and "boats ready for the survivors, if there are any"??????

Not to mention the disastrous outcome of a softer approach from Israel towards her neighbours prior to the Yom Kippur war. They refused to react swiftly and annihilate the neighbouring armies despite reports that a strike was imminent and within a few days they were very close to losing everything.

The roots of Israeli aggression are a product of their history and current environment. Give the hardline arabs an inch and they will take a mile - why? Because they are usually led by lunatics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Rojomcdojo wrote: »
    Give the hardline arabs an inch and they will take a mile - why? Because they are usually led by lunatics.

Sadly I think the exact same could be said of Israel right now. There are no good guys or bad guys in this situation, just extremists on both sides who seem to be hell bent on destroying each other.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

Thanks I will reply. If the Jews needed a homeland maybe it should have been established in Europe, where the atrocities were committed, rather than the middle east.

Oblivious to the thousands of people men, women and children being kept in the equivalent of ghettos because fo their ethnicity, oblivious to houses and farms being stolen so that "settlers" can move in. Nope. The reason the holocost happened was because the world at large did nothing, believed the propaganda from the ruling state because it was easy to do.

Perhaps you believe in an eye for an eye, whereas I believe in learning from the past.

As to target soldiers, maybe if Israel did the same, but as their actions prove they prefer to target the innocents http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/jan/07/gaza-israel-obama This IS disgusting

Israel started war to grab land to create a border which protected them from the arabs and it's hard to argue against the logic behind doing so.

Would you live in a muslim country?
    Either will the Jews and i for one wouldn't blame them for making such a wise decision.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Israel started war to grab land to create a border which protected them from the arabs and it's hard to argue against the logic behind doing so.

Would you live in a muslim country?
    Either will the Jews and i for one wouldn't blame them for making such a wise decision.

Lots of jews live in muslim countries surprisingly. Some even live in Iran! (they keep a low profile -.-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

srsly78 wrote: »
    Lots of jews live in muslim countries surprisingly. Some even live in Iran! (they keep a low profile -.-)

Not too many live in muslim countries these days and certainly a lot fewer than in 1948.

srsly78 wrote: »

When you say "lots" do you mean a small amount:)

"suprisingly" not really considering that's where they are from.

And i think you will find the numbers of Jews in muslim countries is on a steady decline and have been for some time.

• Advertisement
Advertisement