Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Isreal at war. Many comentators egging them on.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

I'm going to bed.

When I wake I hope there is no Gaza left, I hope the God of Israel has given his chosen children enough smite, to kill all Palestinians, even the ones I've watched on livefeed.

The lesson from tonight is, Israel is weak, strike now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

gbee wrote: »
    Well, believe it or nor, freedom is, IS not believing.

See, we would come to the same conclusion, except if you believed [say] then I would go to hell, and I know, that we would both go the same place.

But consider for a moment a state that bans religious belief, like the soviet union attempted. Then "belief" in the state becomes a de facto religion.

If religious belief disappeared overnight, other belief systems would take their place. We could have wars between different camps of schools of thought of theoretical physics.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭macco66

:pac: Yeah big bad sky are taking the Israeli side.

You loons are getting more paranoid by the day. I'd say you all get a kick out of seeing dead Palestinians just how you can have a go at the big nasty Jews and any media that don't reports it the way you want to hear it. Stick to press.TV.

Yep. That's it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,195 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

:pac: Yeah big bad sky are taking the Israeli side.

You loons are getting more paranoid by the day. I'd say you all get a kick out of seeing dead Palestinians just how you can have a go at the big nasty Jews and any media that don't reports it the way you want to hear it. Stick to press.TV.

I am not a loon;), also who the **** gets a kick out of seeing dead Palestinians, not I sir, no not I indeed.

SafeSurfer wrote: »
    camps of schools of thought of theoretical physics.

Sure, but, as religion in the past suppressed, one or even BOTH of your suggestions could be right.

Don't lose sight of the fact that most modern religion is Roman, their initial power was based on ignoring religion, their demise came when they imposed it, we already have this is our history,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

macco66 wrote: »
    Pure conjecture pal.

Anyway, I'm sticking with Russia Today. Beats watching CNN anyway.

Russia Today? Just go the whole hog and use presstv to get your news.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭nua domhan

Anonymous showing they'll hit the jews where it hurts most........the bank!!

http://www.zdnet.com/anonymous-takes-on-israeli-websites-wipes-jerusalem-bank-7000007537/

Ps I know its a stereotype but i couldn't resist! :)

Israel, nuke Gaza. I can stand a bit of fallout and I don't mind infant deaths, I'm Irish, and you are welcome.

i am inbed bye

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,195 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Israel, nuke Gaza. I can stand a bit of fallout and I don't mind infant deaths, I'm Irish, and you are welcome.

:mad::mad::(:( I don't want to post on the same page as you, disgusting comments even for a troll.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

:mad::mad::(:( I don't want to post on the same page as you, disgusting comments even for a troll.

Obvious troll is obvious.
    Just ignore him.

nope. Found them too one-sided. Plus, ofcom switched them off if I'm not mistaken.

Look, you can fall in line with the murdoch/Turner/ main stream narrative, but I'm not retiring my critical thinking just yet. You take that **** at face value, then best of luck to you.

Russia Today will give you the other side of the story. Unless you want to know about Russia, of course. Then you're bolloxed.

Turn it on for yourself. Interviews with all sides, including the Israeli PM spokesperson who was on earlier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

President Obama, in call with IsPresident Obama, in call with Israeli PM Netanyahu, reiterates US support for Israel's right to defend itself - @reuters via White House
    3 mins ago by editorraeli PM Netanyahu, reiterates US support for Israel's right to defend itself - @reuters via White House
    3 mins ago by editor

Great. This says, Ethnic Cleanse, and for once I agree with that Kenyan, bomb them to oblivion.

LIVE reports are saying that NO casualties are reported, so the Israelis are not using live weapons?

Bush, Obama, what the fu** is this all about, you told them [Israelis] they's have the best weaponry.

Do not post in this thread again.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

macco66 wrote: »
    nope. Found them too one-sided. Plus, ofcom switched them off if I'm not mistaken.

Look, you can fall in line with the murdoch/Turner/ main stream narrative, but I'm not retiring my critical thinking just yet. You take that **** at face value, then best of luck to you.

Russia Today will give you the other side of the story. Unless you want to know about Russia, of course. Then you're bolloxed.

Turn it on for yourself. Interviews with all sides, including the Israeli PM spokesperson who was on earlier.

Couldn't agree more.

When you read a newspaper do you only read one columnist? The ones's whose opinions you agree with? Or do you read both left and right wing columnists and make up your own mind?

Its the same with different TV news coverage. It can make you think about points of views that you hadn't considered.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

No, I'm safe in bed, you maybe not, the reports of air strikes are appalling, US fighter jets are missing their targets.

I mean what I say, if they hit you, you go to Allaha, ? I won't. If I do, I'll punch him in the face, either way, he'll have let YOU down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭cartell_best

No-one is to blame lads....

http://www.breakingnews.com/

Just seen the mod note. All my quotes are from here. I have not been crucified in a while. Guess CIA are watching very closelyl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Mr Cumulonimbus

Then perhaps you can enlighten us as to where we can receive a neutral commentary of whats going on at the moment?

Then perhaps you can enlighten us as to where we can receive a neutral commentary of whats going on at the moment?

Comms are down.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭cartell_best

"Many comentators egging them on. "... We need to look closer at home lads. If people who have no personal experience of whats transpiring in the middle east, yet can make statements merely based on TV broadcasts, contrary to......Shame!

And just as an aside there BapsForBenitez, you may find this interesting...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2012/jan/24/suppressing-press-tv-ofcom-licence

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

K-9 wrote: »
    Do not post in this thread again.
    No, I'm safe in bed, you maybe not, the reports of air strikes are appalling, US fighter jets are missing their targets.

I mean what I say, if they hit you, you go to Allaha, ? I won't. If I do, I'll punch him in the face, either way, he'll have let YOU down.
    http://www.breakingnews.com/

Just seen the mod note. All my quotes are from here. I have not been crucified in a while. Guess CIA are watching very closelyl
    Comms are down.
    Bye now!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

Seaneh wrote: »

Hasn't Russian historically been a supporter of anti-Israeli forces in the Middle East?

Weren't Snickers bars formerly known as Marathon?

What's your point, Max Blumenthal isn't Russian, he's an American Jew.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

The thing that worries me is the lack of support for Palestine in the west, obviously many here in Ireland support Palestine, I myself have taken part in fundraisers and other initiatives to raise money for the cause. However lets just say this was to become global, Ireland are a nothing entity, we'll shut up and let America and their fellow war mongering allies crush the people of Palestine. All in the name of the War On Terror right. Bastards. :rolleyes:

This is different to the situation we had, the Israelis are not like the British, there is a serious civil rights issue present here.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭asherbassad

squod wrote: »
    So troops and tanks from Isreals part time army are gathering to invade Palestine. Bombers are killing civillians from fighter jets and drones.

George Calloway, famous Big Brother Housemate and politicianist is urging Arabs to give up on their uprising yoke and defend their Palestinian neighbours.

Izzy right???? Or just fanning the flames??

Egypt has said "we're going to help the pathetic peasants of Gaza, this time" ...lo and behold the **** in Tel Aviv with their 140 nuclear warheads, their nuclear subs, their F-16s and the rest of their kill toys step down a tad. These pricks pause when there's a possibility that they might lose ONE of their own for every thousand that they whack.

When will Netanyahu go into the same kind of dead zone as Sharon?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Haaretz, Jpost, Al Jazeera and BBC aren't too bad.

Presstv is basically the official media channel of the Iranian Hierarchy and Russiatoday takes whatever line the Russian government tells it to take. Some idiot implied that I watched foxnews, sky and cnn, that idiot would be wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,346 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Seaneh wrote: »
    I'd say Palestine is more like the dog that gets beaten by a human and when it actually does lash out and bite the human, the human acts surprised and beats it even harder.

And unfortunate example as the dog normally gets put down

And unfortunate example as the dog normally gets put down

Sometimes they get rescued.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

Gunnubi10 wrote: »
    While Im at it you can catch admirable independent reporting here, Live from Palestine: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/operation-pillar-of-cloud

His name is Harry Fear.

People really need to turn off BBC,SKY,CNN etc.

Hmmm I listened to him for a while last night - good accent but at least two common words mispronounced in as many minutes.. 'corroborate' and 'executing'. :confused:

Whatever the rights and wrongs of the situation, I can't imagine the Middle East without Israel there upsetting the apple cart. If they are gone, who is going to bomb the Saudis, Iranians, Iraqis etc 'back to the stone age' like I have so often read on here that people wish to happen when they read reports of stonings, mutilations, acid attacks and instant capital punishment.

This conflict has the potential to bomb the entire world back to the stone age. Surely, a peaceful solution should be sought and encouraged and not some of the horrendous postings I've read on this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Gunnubi10

Hmmm I listened to him for a while last night - good accent but at least two common words mispronounced in as many minutes.. 'corroborate' and 'executing'. :confused:

Whatever the rights and wrongs of the situation, I can't imagine the Middle East without Israel there upsetting the apple cart. If they are gone, who is going to bomb the Saudis, Iranians, Iraqis etc 'back to the stone age' like I have so often read on here that people wish to happen when they read reports of stonings, mutilations, acid attacks and instant capital punishment.

This conflict has the potential to bomb the entire world back to the stone age. Surely, a peaceful solution should be sought and encouraged and not some of the horrendous postings I've read on this thread.

The link I gave was just live reporting from a British guy who happened to be in Gaza, you wont get anything concrete from CNN,FOX or SKY with all their resources, when it comes to media I usually watch RT or Press Tv, I also avoid MSM newspapers and read articles from alternative media online...so you just have to look for info as no one will give it to you.

Regarding the conflict all I can say is as long as USA,UK/NATO are run by these Globalist crooks(Corporations and Bankers), I wont go into detail...Israel will always want control of the Middle East and they have the backing to do it. I wont be surprised to see Egypt getting involved, many countries over there are sick of Israel especially Iran so yeah a World War is on the cards because US and NATO will be dragged in no doubt and Russia and China might as well. The Mainstream is not reporting the Massive drills held by Japan and US in the South east china sea over some disputed islands, China is massing its own military over this, next door US again is having drills with South Korea next to the DMV North Korea border! so I think you get the idea who is ruffling feathers here and meanwhile...on CNN or SKY we hear about a scandal within the CIA 24/7 but thats just for the sheep

Gunnubi10 wrote: »
    Regarding the conflict all I can say is as long as USA,UK/NATO are run by these Globalist crooks(Corporations and Bankers), I wont go into detail...Israel will always want control of the Middle East and they have the backing to do it. I wont be surprised to see Egypt getting involved, many countries over there are sick of Israel especially Iran so yeah a World War is on the cards because US and NATO will be dragged in no doubt and Russia and China might as well. The Mainstream is not reporting the Massive drills held by Japan and US in the South east china sea over some disputed islands, China is massing its own military over this, next door US again is having drills with South Korea next to the DMV North Korea border! so I think you get the idea who is ruffling feathers here and meanwhile...on CNN or SKY we hear about a scandal within the CIA 24/7 but thats just for the sheep

Armies run drills, it upsets some people but it is normal.

Haaretz, Jpost, Al Jazeera and BBC aren't too bad.

Presstv is basically the official media channel of the Iranian Hierarchy and Russiatoday takes whatever line the Russian government tells it to take. Some idiot implied that I watched foxnews, sky and cnn, that idiot would be wrong.

Thinly veiled insults. Aren't you precious?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭golden lane

it is time for hamas to stop firing rockets into israel.......

they are rubbing their hands with glee at the moment, getting all the sympathy from outside......

as long as their actions are considered to be terrorism they will not win.....it is time for a serious rethink of their actions.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

If Isreali troops invade gaza, I'm pretty sure Iran will get involved and the beginning of WWIII will soon be at hand...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭coonecb1

The Israel-Palestine issue can be boiled down to this:

It's not a conflict between Israelis and Palestinians.

Instead, it's a conflict between those who want peace and those who don't want peace.

There are people on both sides that want peace, and there are people on both sides that have a vested interest in keeping the violence and tensions stoked the whole time.

On Israel's side, their economy benefits from war (defence, surveillance, weapons manufacturers etc) and their politians get a boost before the elections.

In Gaza, Hamas gets the support of the people who are forced to turn to them for protection. It's sick how people use these types of situations for their own interests

If Isreali troops invade gaza, I'm pretty sure Iran will get involved and the beginning of WWIII will soon be at hand...

Not going to happen, would be more likely to happen if Israel invaded Lebanon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭R P McMurphy

it is time for hamas to stop firing rockets into israel.......

they are rubbing their hands with glee at the moment, getting all the sympathy from outside......

as long as their actions are considered to be terrorism they will not win.....it is time for a serious rethink of their actions.........
    Would you like to expand on that and say it is also time for illegal settlements to stop?

• Advertisement

Would you like to expand on that and say it is also time for illegal settlements to stop?

Hamas firing rockets needs to stop.

Israel building settlements needs to stop.

Arabs ignoring the plight of Palestinians needs to stop.

Equating anti-Israel aggression to anti-semitism needs to stop.

This endless cycle of death and misery needs to stop.

Armies run drills, it upsets some people but it is normal.

In this case its not...go do some research and understand that what these drills are for, you are right about Military drills being common but you dont have them at your enemy's backyard, its like me a stranger coming over your house and circling it numerous times, I think you would overreact too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Israel doesn't like hospitals. UN report find no evidence for claims.
    Everyone seems ok to gloss over this stuff.

http://electronicintifada.net/blogs/ali-abunimah/israeli-officials-use-fake-graphic-justify-bombing-gaza-hospitals

And joining in on the Iranian side will be...?

Others Arabs probably won't bother helping the Palestinians, why would some Persians?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

With who on the Iranian side? If anyone thinks Russia or China will go to war with Israel and/or the United States over Iranian involvement in Gaza (the Iranians ain't that stupid either) they're seriously delusional.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

I was watching a very interesting piece of CNN last night (a proper channel unlike Foxnews) basically alot of what is happening over there now is showboating by the Israeli PM Benjamin Netanyhau as his part looked set to lose their general election to the Labour Party, however as soon as he started beating the drums of war his party is back in front according to the polls. It will be a phony war with threats to invade any day soon but if his party gets back in he will "make peace" and be seen as a peacemakers.

It is politics of the worst type. What is happening in Gaza is an absolute disgrace and is quite similar to what the Nazi's did to the Jews themselves in the Warsaw Ghetto, ok without the gas chambers but the Israelis are committing great crimes against Humanity in their treatment of the Palestinians. From this end I have sympathy for the Palestinians and can see why they fight the Israelis. It is a religious conflict and the Jewish people in Israel are outsiders who have occupied the land of Palestine and the Palestinians own country.

The one thing is that after the Arab spring many Arab countries are now held much more accountable and their people want to see Israel punished and the Palestinians given their freedom. What will happen nobody really knows but Iran are itching to attack Israel and a Nuclear Iran would certainly go for broke and Nuke the Israelis in a conflict. America is at its weakest point in 30 years and would be reluctant to get involved, Pakistan is also Nuclear armed and could be drawn into a conflict against Israel. The Russians and Chinese would sit on the sidelines whilst blocking the UN Security council and both countries would only seek to prolong any war and profit from it as we see with the Syrian Civil War.

Israel is playing a dangerous game and sooner than later they will provoke the arab world just too much and the outcome for all sides could be unthinkable. Israeli left wing moderates are the only hope for peace in that region.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭wendell borton

A full scale war is not going to happen. Keeping it shimmering though will be very helpful in keeping the current leaderships of all involved in power.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,328 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

coonecb1 wrote: »
    Not going to happen, would be more likely to happen if Israel invaded Lebanon

And it hasn't happened the last few times.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

David Dee describes the situation quite well.

http://i45.tinypic.com/eq2x5c.png

Psycho Jewish Rabbi call for the Annihilation of Palestinians

Advertisement