Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 12/13

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Latest rumours - Holtby (three way trist with Arsenal and Spurs. Of course! Spurs don't have enough midfielders!), Modibo Diakite, Jack Butland (as denied), Joe Cole pay off (hopefully)

Tomorrows rumour will be Tom Ince related no doubt with some Walcott thrown in for the laugh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

And Rafa will have made the Chelsea fans very happy with his comments in the presser for the Everton game.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭PRAF

Kess73 wrote: »
    And Rafa will have made the Chelsea fans very happy with his comments in the presser for the Everton game.:)

What did he say?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,790 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

monkey9 wrote: »
    As equally cringeworthy as those who pretend they have been proven correct in their assertion that Rodgers was a bad appointment. We don't know that yet.

What's happening here is yourself and Lloyd are piping up shouting 'look at us, we were right, we were right'. But that's not the case, not yet.
    Rodgers was left a team that scored a measly 47 goals last season.

Until Rodgers is able to dump Downing and Cole - it simply won't be fair to judge him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭klose

mike65 wrote: »
    Latest rumours - Holtby (three way trist with Arsenal and Spurs. Of course! Spurs don't have enough midfielders!), Modibo Diakite, Jack Butland (as denied), Joe Cole pay off (hopefully)

Tomorrows rumour will be Tom Ince related no doubt with some Walcott thrown in for the laugh.

Aswell as bringing players in i think we really need to loan out a few of the reserves pacheco/robinson/flannagan/adorjan to name some. In particular pacheco as hes nearly 22 and robsinson to toughen him up a bit

PRAF wrote: »
    What did he say?

Spent as much time talking about how he loves the city of Liverpool etc and also LiverpoolFC as he did talking about the club he now manages.

Spent as much time talking about how he loves the city of Liverpool etc and also LiverpoolFC as he did talking about the club he now manages.

Good man Rafa!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

he was also asked if Everton were the better team on Merseyside now.

he refused to answer, preferring to say that he couldn't say, or something to that effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

mike65 wrote: »

Modibo Diakite? Anyone knows this guy? Is he any good? I only watch EPL, Spain and Dutch Football, so I'm pretty clueless concerning Serie A, except for highlights. :D

Since we're also on topic, if we are really looking for a new GK, does anyone here knows how much could we get for Reina? And who would realistically buy him for that price?

Modibo Diakite? Anyone knows this guy? Is he any good? I only watch EPL, Spain and Dutch Football, so I'm pretty clueless concerning Serie A, except for highlights. :D

Since we're also on topic, if we are really looking for a new GK, does anyone here knows how much could we get for Reina? And who would realistically buy him for that price?

Must still be worth 10-12m I would guess. A return to Spain or a move to London could happen.

• Advertisement

Must still be worth 10-12m I would guess. A return to Spain or a move to London could happen.

Don't think we would get anywhere near that for him tbh. My guess would be that he would fetch between £6m and £8m at best.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭passremarkable

I feel we could get 8-10 mill for him.
    id say he would go to london, he just doesn seem like the senior figure he was, say 12 months ago..has form has dipped dramatically,pity as i like him

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

Don't think we would get anywhere near that for him tbh. My guess would be that he would fetch between £6m and £8m at best.

So he's only worth Butland's Price? OUCH!

How the MightyPepe have fallen. I guess, if there's a Player that perfectly sums up Liverpool right now, it would be Reina. :(

For 6-8m, who's the best keeper we could get?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭passremarkable

I think begovic from stoke would be a good option, he is only 25/26 aswell, which is a great age to buy a keeper for the future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 922 ✭✭✭MyBrokenKnees

How the MightyPepe have fallen. I guess, if there's a Player that perfectly sums up Liverpool right now, it would be Reina. :(

Begovic maybe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

We'd deffo get at least 10-12million for Reina

He's one of those players thats still teflon with the media when it comes to criticism. He is still perceived as being world class.

The time is right to bring in a young pretender though, to really put it up to Pepe. It can only be a positive move, bring out the best in him, or else take his spot if not performing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,577 ✭✭✭mormank

Mr Alan wrote: »
    If that's true maybe we shouldn't have bought the totally unproven Borini? Or gotten rid of Bellamy, Kuyt, Maxi and Carroll?

Regardless, it's Rodgers fault.

Such rubbish. Either you simply haven't a clue or you are purposefully misrepresenting events since rodgers took over.

Aswell as bringing players in i think we really need to loan out a few of the reserves pacheco/robinson/flannagan/adorjan to name some. In particular pacheco as hes nearly 22 and robsinson to toughen him up a bit
    Pacheco is leaving for good in January.

Leno, Patricio, or Sommer would be in that price bracket imho, with the likes of Mihaylov or Ahamada being a lot cheaper.

In England the likes of Begovic or Mignolet would probably be in that price range.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Pacheco is leaving for good in January.

Where did you hear that? I thought Inglethorpe said recently he will be going out on loan in January.

Opr

That Mr Alan keep talking about Rodgers having sold/binned three players who wanted out for different reasons says as much as one needs to know about him.

Four players (I think) were mentioned for January loans, Robinson and Pacheco were definitely two of them, I think Ngoo was another.

opr wrote: »
    Where did you hear that? I thought Inglethorpe said recently he will be going out on loan in January.

Opr
    https://twitter.com/dani37pacheco/status/276460272879816704

Unless Inglethorpe has come out since and said that Pacheco will be staying?

https://twitter.com/dani37pacheco/status/276460272879816704

Unless Inglethorpe has come out since and said that Pacheco will be staying?

That's old news!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

I'd be surprised if we can find a decent loan deal if we don't give the rest of the year to see what he can make of himself out on loan before letting him go. Overall he has probably been the best player for us at reserve level this year.

Apparently Inglethorpe really believes in the loan system and spent a great deal of time finding the right club for the players at Spurs and he's got an extensive network because of it. I'd say with so much talent being brought through but our failure in the loan market was one of the main reasons for his appointment. I think anytime he has been used he has done quite well. Watching Shelvey flop about the pitch unable to control a football while still getting chance after chance is baffling given how Dani has been treated.

Opr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Strawberry Fields

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

I don't see the quotes from Rodgers that the headline has claimed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

I do wish people would stop saying Rodgers needs a couple of seasons before judging him. Wasn't true for Hodgson, it ain't true for him. He doesn't need to get CL straight off, fair enough, but he needs to show enough for the fans/FSG to believe he is capable of doing it at some point.

Thus far, he is failing miserably. Maybe he'll turn it round. Delighted if he does. More likely, he won't though.

Those castigating people for pointing out he's doing ****e so far (predictably) can go & ****e to be honest.

Win tomorrow or else **** off back back to Swansea. Actually, they don't need him :( That's right, the only club that he was a success at in his short career, didn't skip a beat when he left, why? Because he was **** all to do with their success :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

I do wish people would stop saying Rodgers needs a couple of seasons before judging him. Wasn't true for Hodgson, it ain't true for him. He doesn't need to get CL straight off, fair enough, but he needs to show enough for the fans/FSG to believe he is capable of doing it at some point.

Thus far, he is failing miserably. Maybe he'll turn it round. Delighted if he does. More likely, he won't though.

Those castigating people for pointing out he's doing ****e so far can go & ****e to be honest.

Win tomorrow or else **** off back back to Swansea. Actually, they don't need him :( That's right, the only club that he was a success at in his short career, didn't skip a beat when he left, why? Because he was **** all to do with their success :(
    u have to give him a chance to get some forwards first though
    Borini isnt looking great but has been injured
    he was let down by the club by the way Dempsey situation was handled
    i judge him at the end of the Season

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Strawberry Fields

Blatter wrote: »
    I don't see the quotes from Rodgers that the headline has claimed.

yeah true, I don't know who that journalist is. But your common sense would tell ya that. Hopefully he's commited after signing the contract but I'm not holding my breath.

We're interested in Wesley Sneijder apparently! :D lol :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Those castigating people for pointing out he's doing ****e so far (predictably) can go & ****e to be honest.

Win tomorrow or else **** off back back to Swansea. Actually, they don't need him :(That's right, the only club that he was a success at in his short career, didn't skip a beat when he left, why? Because he was **** all to do with their success :(

So Rodgers is like Pep Guardiola in a way! Interesting!!!

He's the manager now, like it or lump it. I'll be giving him a couple of seasons to see what he's at.

And do you know why?? Because i love LFC more than being proven right on Boards!

And do you know why?? Because i love LFC more than being proven right on Boards!

Huh? So do I, hence why I'll be delighted if he proves me wrong. Yet would prefer at the moment if the whole sorry appointment was just put behind us & we appointed someone far more likely to restore us to where we want to be.

Wasting 2 years while Rodgers fumbles around trying to learn how to manage a club like Liverpool seems like an incredibly reckless gamble to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Huh? So do I, hence why I'll be delighted if he proves me wrong. Yet would prefer at the moment if the whole sorry appointment was just put behind us & we appointed someone far more likely to restore us to where we want to be.

Wasting 2 years while Rodgers fumbles around trying to learn how to manage a club like Liverpool seems like an incredibly reckless gamble to me.

I know you probably have been asked this a million times, but who would you hire? You wake up in the morning to hear Rodgers is sacked and somehow you are responsible for finding his replacement :pac: Who would you pick at this moment in time?

Benzino wrote: »

I know you probably have been asked this a million times, but who would you hire? You wake up in the morning to hear Rodgers is sacked and somehow you are responsible for finding his replacement :pac: Who would you pick at this moment in time?

Benitez (get a caretaker till the summer).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Benzino wrote: »
    i think we all know the answer to this question :pac:

But who though?? Unless we get the usual Arab, who's going to take the job at Liverpool and restore the club towards what it should be??

I like the thought of building something rather than a quick fix! Now, i'm not saying Rodgers is the answer, but i'm willing to see him have a go. But this thing after losing every game where he is disected is doing my head in.

Rodgers won't do anything this season. He was never was going to. This is the long term. It's patience i'm afraid. Right now we can't compete with the abnormalities that are Chelsea and Man City. Those clubs are fake. We know that. But that's what we are dealing with.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

He was at Swansea for 2 years , dont you consider he might have had something to do with their current squad and success ?
    You seem to be one of these people who want instant success, dont want to give people time.
    So many of the greatest managers in the game have had tough beginnings, but you would sack them after 7 months ? Cop on

But who though?? Unless we get the usual Arab, who's going to take the job at Liverpool and restore the club towards what it should be??

AVB & Benitez were far better bets in the summer and we criminally overlooked them. Rafa will be available again in the summer, so correct the mistake then.

Now this is were we agree!! I only hope after everything Rafa achieves at Chelsea this season that Abramovich is still so hell bent on Guardiola taking over, he'll allow Rafa to leave.

Then Rafa comes home!

Now this is were we agree!! I only hope after everything Rafa achieves at Chelsea this season that Abramovich is still so hell bent on Guardiola taking over, he'll allow Rafa to leave.

Then Rafa comes home!

So you agree we should **** Rodgers off for Rafa. Why you arguing so?!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

Then Rafa comes home!

I think your jumping the gun a little there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

He was at Swansea for 2 years , dont you consider he might have had something to do with their current squad and success ?

in the liverpool league game couple of weeks back only one of the players that started for swansea was signed by rodgers and he was the reserve goalie...

how is rodgers better than alex mcleish?? mcleish had birmingham higher in the table than rodgers had swansea in his first season

rodgers, lambert, mcleish, mcclaren, george burley, mike walker; these guys eventually get found out for the one season "wonders" they truly are

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

As much as I would like to see Benitez back (although Rodgers deserves at least a whole season first), I can't see it happening under our current owners.

From their point of view, it could be Kenny all over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

He was **** all to do with their success?

What a joke.

So you agree we should **** Rodgers off for Rafa. Why you arguing so?!

I've never argued against Rafa!! The club should be employing him as manager. That's who i want as manager. Without a doubt. And after that wasn't going to happen in the summer, i would have preferred Villa Boras and i stated that back then.

But Rodgers is the manager. And whilst i wouldn't have had him in the hotseat last summer, there you go, he's manager!!

The difference between yourself and myself is i'm ready for Rodgers to prove my doubts wrong whereas the likes of yourself and Lloyd want Rodgers to prove yourselves right! And i'd rather you's were wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ManOnFire

Italian journo @tancredipalmeri on twitter saying weve asked Inter about Sneijder, around 10 million

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

ManOnFire wrote: »
    Italian journo @tancredipalmeri on twitter saying weve asked Inter about Sneijder, around 10 million

The transfer fee is attactive, but we'd never afford the wages he will demand.

Thats the main issue with Inter. The lad is on £10million plus a year.

He was **** all to do with their success?

What a joke.

He played a part. But a moderate one as evidenced by their continued success. Also his success there is nearly irrelevant as he's operating under a totally different structure now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Has anyone considered that while Benitez was a great manager, he hasn't been a stellar coach with Inter or Chelsea. As a matter of fact I'd nearly attribute Inter's massive decline due to his time at the helm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Failing miserably is ridiculous. We are showing the same kind of form that we did last season. We have been worse than we were in the first half of last season, but better than we were in the second half. Overall, we've been the same.

Is it good enough? No.

But that's with a smaller squad (we've also played 12 cup games - more I think than the whole of last season) and we have had very little investment. We are also much younger than we were. There is rebuilding going on and 6 months is not enough time to be making the snap judgements you are making.
    To be honest, you're empty words about "liking" Rodgers and wanting to give him a chance earlier in the summer were just that - empty. You've been nothing but vindictive towards him anytime you've got the chance.

Listening to you writing off young signings like Allen and Borini is fairly pathetic.
    Our form has been on an upward curve for much of the season, but you have not had a single positive to say. You attribute the good things Rodgers has done (both at Liverpool and Swansea) to 3rd parties. It's fcking pathetic.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement